Marion FC

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Marion FC

Postby White Line Fever » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:08 pm

Last edited by White Line Fever on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby White Line Fever » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:14 pm

helicopterking wrote:WLF=Hutchy(self proclaimed)
Bomberland= Caroline Wilson

Helicopterking = James Brayshaw ;)
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Postby kooka » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:52 pm

I understand where you are coming from WLF but are you are denying that a group of senior players threatened to leave as a group if they were not paid. And do you think these players deserved the money they got paid? I would have felt embarresed to take the envelope every saturday night.
Unfortunately we now play in a society where people want to be paid but I beleive you should deserve it not just get it from threats like some senior players at Marion did. By the way some of these players that got paid would have struggled to get a game in a lot of other clubs B grade and I know you agree.
White Line Fever wrote:
kooka wrote:Tell me WLF do you beleive that a group of players that hold the club to ransom to get paid should be paid?

Can't ya read mate?
I'll quote it again for ya so you can understand better.

White Line Fever wrote:If you pay 4 blokes $250 a game you can pay 21 blokes $50 a game.

You must train twice to recieve money NO EXCEPTIONS

So whoever is picked in A grade and has trained gets paid.

Then split any remaining money across top 5 for the day.

Problem solvered.

(also i don't think you need to be on the commitee to know Marion will spend money :roll: )

It's called principal and obviously the 'club' didn't get the big picture.
Now they've hit rock bottom i'm sure it will get clearer next year.
kooka
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby White Line Fever » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:57 pm

Last edited by White Line Fever on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Postby MR JUICY » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:05 pm

If it is true they have gone with Keam, which sounds to me they have.
Good appointment and good luck to him. Hopefully the players do the work and support him and start turning the club around. Will not be easy but would love to see it.
Has it been formalised yet. Or is it still in the air.
MR JUICY
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby helicopterking » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:35 pm

MR JUICY wrote:If it is true they have gone with Keam, which sounds to me they have.
Good appointment and good luck to him. Hopefully the players do the work and support him and start turning the club around. Will not be easy but would love to see it.

Juicy, my info says it is true! I can give you 99.9% certainty! He will have the same 8-10 that supported you, lets just hope the others jump on and you get the whole 40odd all playing for the same reason! And hopefully with a few wins, might see plenty of chalkies(including you) come back to Ram Park to remember the good times!!

White Line Fever wrote:I assume these are the same players that didn't get paid for years and watched as player after player came to the club, rarely trained & couldn't get a kick and took home huge pay packets then after a year moved on again?

The same group that have ALL consistently played A grade for 5-8 years?
Anyway i'm sick of defending MarionFC, no-one else seems to care and everyone just comes on this thread with problems and no solutions.

Take it easy WLF, there are plenty of people behind you, im sure those players would hang around without pay, if the club had a better winning percentage! Everyone involved in this so called "Ransom" would have to agree! A winning culture will bring change, and maybe with the changes at the club, this will happen, if not this year, then years down the track with our promising juniors and those who put in the time and effort into them!
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby kooka » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:12 pm

Hey Heli I agree with you. I wasnt so much bagging the players that held the club to ransom for sticking around but it was just the way they did it.
I too hope that the clubs fortunes turn around very soon and they become the powerhouse they were in the 90's.
The club needs to get some old players back around the club to help out or even just support but they must not just expect them to pop up they must approach these ex players and get them involved again.
helicopterking wrote:
MR JUICY wrote:If it is true they have gone with Keam, which sounds to me they have.

Juicy, my info says it is true! I can give you 99.9% certainty! He will have the same 8-10 that supported you, lets just hope the others jump on and you get the whole 40odd all playing for the same reason! And hopefully with a few wins, might see plenty of chalkies(including you) come back to Ram Park to remember the good times!!

White Line Fever wrote:I assume these are the same players that didn't get paid for years and watched as player after player came to the club, rarely trained & couldn't get a kick and took home huge pay packets then after a year moved on again?

The same group that have ALL consistently played A grade for 5-8 years?
Anyway i'm sick of defending MarionFC, no-one else seems to care and everyone just comes on this thread with problems and no solutions.

Take it easy WLF, there are plenty of people behind you, im sure those players would hang around without pay, if the club had a better winning percentage! Everyone involved in this so called "Ransom" would have to agree! A winning culture will bring change, and maybe with the changes at the club, this will happen, if not this year, then years down the track with our promising juniors and those who put in the time and effort into them!
kooka
Mini-League

Postby bullfrog » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:56 pm

can i ask you marion foke was j.neary worth $300.00 a game.i noticed he got in the best a few times?
bullfrog
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Mannum

Postby MR JUICY » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:02 pm

Was well worth it, wasn't that much!!
Was consistently in the best players, works his arse off as you know at training and had a great year. If we had 10 of him we would of been laughing
MR JUICY
Under 16s

Postby Bomberland » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:01 am

White Line Fever wrote:If you pay 4 blokes $250 a game you can pay 21 blokes $50 a game.

You must train twice to recieve money NO EXCEPTIONS

So whoever is picked in A grade and has trained gets paid.

Then split any remaining money across top 5 for the day.

Problem solvered.

(also i don't think you need to be on the commitee to know Marion will spend money :roll: )

It's called principal and obviously the 'club' didn't get the big picture.
Now they've hit rock bottom i'm sure it will get clearer next year.[/quote]

WLF- i have been thinking about your proposal for a few days. there is no reason why in the longer term this cannot be a solution but there are immediate factors that are preventing it from being liable.
Marion has had an erosion of its culture over the past 10 years. It started with Mick Duncan as coach under pressure to win that allusive premiership after berger left. He brought chippy, who was a fantastic player, and a ripper bloke, but was probably the first person i had met who talked about $. previously this sort of thing was taboo.

Following this was smelty who in synonamous for being a mercinary. then came jimmy vaninetti who constantly trashed talked $ and called himself the 'A' team, especially when Ravi came. During this time of course the humble club rooms was turned into the mecca it is today. when fidgey finally arrived, he made contract talk common place and let rip at all those on $ and made it completely obvious. then of course was the stokesy era

During this marion had forgotten what had made it so great through the 90's and early 2000's. Cartons of beer stopped being put in the change rooms, no cheap meals, no BBQ's on the far wing and generally neglecting it's 'loyal' players as you say you are.

in the end it is not $ that will turn this around. it is about establishing an enduring culture and environmnet that perople want to be around. where people enjoy eachother's company and not just grab their bag and race for the door after the game. this takes an investment by everyone. $50 bucks will not solve that, or attract decent players to help win games
Bomberland
Mini-League

Postby White Line Fever » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:21 am

Great post agree 100%
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Postby Afterthesiren » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:42 am

Has Exelby got a coaching job next year?
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby MR JUICY » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:44 am

Rumour has it he is in Melbourne meeting with Hirdy as we speak.
MR JUICY
Under 16s

Postby rodney fox » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:11 pm

MR JUICY wrote:Rumour has it he is in Melbourne meeting with Hirdy as we speak.

Getting advice on who he got his hair re-growth treatment through?? ;)
rodney fox
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby MR JUICY » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:12 pm

Yeah probably Rodney Fox - haha!!
Hear he is endeavouring to grow his nose hair up over his head so he can style it once again!!
MR JUICY
Under 16s

Postby Afterthesiren » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:03 am

MR JUICY wrote:Rumour has it he is in Melbourne meeting with Hirdy as we speak.

Haha Mr Juicy. Have you got a coaching job yet or are things still pending?
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby MR JUICY » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:46 am

Still pending at this stage ATS!!
MR JUICY
Under 16s

Postby MR JUICY » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:14 am

Hear Jacob Neary & Tom Underwood did some fantastic work at a hens night on the weekend being topless waiters. Maybe life after football. Neary even did some overtime hours for free - well played Neary!! :lol:
MR JUICY
Under 16s

Postby 1983 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:35 am

helicopterking wrote:

Keam was looking at returning to Aldinga for some time during and after season 2010. Lack of big $$$ at Shark Park and now Keam is at Marion where there is more $$$. Read into it what you will. Aldinga very happy to have Brad resign for 2011.
Sharks patrol these waters

Grassroots Team: Aldinga

Postby MR JUICY » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:54 am

Who really cares 1983. Hopefully Keam does well for Marion FC this year and hopefully Brad does well for you guys. Both clubs in need of improvement and I hope they both get it!
MR JUICY
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL