C Grade 2010

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: C Grade 2010

Postby freshy4 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:03 pm

ol man emu wrote:
freshy4 wrote:
AFLflyer wrote:if what your saying is correct Freshy.. i think that is Bull###hit if certain people decided to get rid of the C grade?? is that the really what happened. please explain.

When new influences came in to the club their mantra was that c grade was only going to exist if they were going to be as professional as the a and b grade. now people that play c grade know that its not how the comp was setup.

and to that end people decided that they couldnt commit to the standards so they had no other option but to leave the club

When they would of thought about this years c grade im sure they would have had the same response. after 2 years with out a team in the c grade comp it will be pretty hard to RFC to return to the comp next year or in the short term

C graders didn't want to wear black pants.

if that was the problem then we could be rightly called fickle
freshy4

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby freshy4 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:23 pm

who were the winners today
freshy4

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:37 pm

freshy4 wrote:who were the winners today

I'd say Edwardstown forfeited by the score posted.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info. ... -0&a=ROUND
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Slammer » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:54 pm

GO THE PUNT wrote:ev spot on young people dont want to play footy on sunday. Its that simple but with clubs like cove and m/vale that dont believe in change and cant see the improvement that would come from saturday c grade. But I do believe that a few c grade games will be played on friday nights this year. I know of 6 players that left sfl teams to go an play in the amateur league due to sunday footy. these were kids that are not even 20 yet.

Surely more players would not be playing on a Saturday due to wanting to watch there own A and B grade teams play. Has not seemed to be to much of a problem to get some of the juniors to play at some clubs, the pure fact with young people is that they seem to think they have better things to do with there time if they are not up to the top level.
Funnily enough it is clubs like Brighton who had several players doubling up each week last year which they would not be able to do on a saturday are always leading the push for this Saturday footy.
Its hard enough to get support staff and trainers etc when there is no other games on never mind having to find extra or spread them out further with more teams playing on the same day.
Slammer

Postby spot on » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:39 pm

A forfeit today by Christies against the Emus, did they not want to face the group of A & B grade players wanting a run after just returning from the world soccer cup. Pity these decisions could not be made sooner, before rolls of tape are wasted in prepareing players also the rub downs etc.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby Cheese Twisties » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:12 pm

Big day at Morphies this Sunday, with club legend Paul "Richo" Hayford scheduled to run out for his 250th game for the club, against the running hot Brighton Bombers outfit.

Sunday will also hopefully see the return of the festively plump "South African 5" to the Morphies playing ranks!
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:23 pm

Cheese Twisties wrote:Big day at Morphies this Sunday, with club legend Paul "Richo" Hayford scheduled to run out for his 250th game for the club, against the running hot Brighton Bombers outfit.

Sunday will also hopefully see the return of the festively plump "South African 5" to the Morphies playing ranks!

That's my cuz! 250 eh? Congrats. :D
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby ol man emu » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:21 am

Cheese Twisties wrote:Big day at Morphies this Sunday, with club legend Paul "Richo" Hayford scheduled to run out for his 250th game for the club, against the running hot Brighton Bombers outfit.

Good to see the afl program the showdown as a twilight game so as not to clash with this game.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby The Lova » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:12 am

My mail is a couple were festively plump before they left :shock: :shock: ;) ;)
Beat the whites of eggs with a pinch of salt until stiff...Continue beating, gradually adding sugar, vinegar and vanilla, until of thick consistency.
The Lova
Under 16s

Postby spot on » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:44 pm

Can anyone advise the format for C Grade final 4, Is it lst v 4th and 2nd v 3rd, or lst v 2nd and 3rd v 4th, I see the games are down for Christies and Cove ovals on Sunday. Once again the GF is down for the Saturday night under lights at the Valley.
spot on
Under 18s

Postby Bag The Points » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:51 pm

1st v 2nd, and 3rd v 4th
Top two have double-chance --- loser players winner of the other one in Prelim
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby spot on » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Bag The Points wrote:1st v 2nd, and 3rd v 4th
Top two have double-chance --- loser players winner of the other one in Prelim

Thanks BTP I wasn't quite sure.
spot on
Under 18s

Postby Mister Footy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:31 pm

i hear a rumour that the SFL C grade GF will be featured on the footy show this week as the lowest score ever in a GF
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Snaparazzi » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:22 am

Any idea on when the 2011 C grade draw will be announced? Which clubs are fielding teams this year?
Valleys, Bombers, Cobras, Emus, Townies, Saints, Shoes.

Falcons?

Any others?
Snaparazzi
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Waterboy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Snaparazzi wrote:Any idea on when the 2011 C grade draw will be announced? Which clubs are fielding teams this year?

Falcons?

Any others?

I would expect the draw would be done after Monday night as final nominations are due for Sunday teams then.
Waterboy
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Axle Rose » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:26 pm

Waterboy wrote:
Snaparazzi wrote:Any idea on when the 2011 C grade draw will be announced? Which clubs are fielding teams this year?

Falcons?

Any others?

I would expect the draw would be done after Monday night as final nominations are due for Sunday teams then.

Has this draw been done yet. Keeping fringe b graders, under 18's, and old farts motivated is hard enough. Not knowing when you might play might see a few players not bother. Surely the league has done this draw and i just can not find it, otherwise would be sad to see clubs lose these players.
Axle Rose
Rookie

Postby Waterboy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:33 pm

Axle Rose wrote:
Waterboy wrote:

Falcons?

Any others?

Has this draw been done yet. Keeping fringe b graders, under 18's, and old farts motivated is hard enough. Not knowing when you might play might see a few players not bother. Surely the league has done this draw and i just can not find it, otherwise would be sad to see clubs lose these players.

According to Lonsdale's junior delegate clubs were given a deadline of last Friday to firm up Sunday nominations as some were still unsure at the last meeting. The programmer was asked if he could get a program out within a week of getting the final numbers.
Waterboy
Rookie

Postby Cheese Twisties » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:54 pm

I believe the C grade is finally kicking off this weekend!

Any big news or clashes? Morphett Vale are taking on Brighton i believe. Is there a full draw out?
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Postby Waterboy » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:30 pm

Cheese Twisties wrote:I believe the C grade is finally kicking off this weekend!

Any big news or clashes? Morphett Vale are taking on Brighton i believe. Is there a full draw out?

Full draw is up on the SFL website.

BDOS v M/Vale
Noarlunga v Happy Valley
Edwardstown v Cove
Flagstaff Hill get the week off
Waterboy
Rookie

Postby Axle Rose » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:54 pm

Waterboy wrote:
Cheese Twisties wrote:I believe the C grade is finally kicking off this weekend!

Full draw is up on the SFL website.

BDOS v M/Vale
Noarlunga v Happy Valley
Edwardstown v Cove
Flagstaff Hill get the week off

Just having a peek through the draw.
A heads up to edwardstowns c grade - dont bother driving all the way to morphett vale for your rd 2 game. Not unless you want to have a few frothies whilst watching the a's and b's play reynella!!
That one must have slipped past the league programmer!
Axle Rose
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL