Are Lonsdale's facilities up to hosting a Final?

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Are Lonsdale's facilities up to Finals expectations?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:59 am

Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes : 42

Re: Are Lonsdale's facilities up to hosting a Final?

Postby tigerpie » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Was in pretty good nick yesterday.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 509 times
Been liked: 435 times

Postby Leo » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:52 am

For those of you who voted on this topic and would now like to know what it was like, well here goes.
It was a beautiful sunny day, with a gentle breeze blowing up the hill. The oval looked in great nick - from the sidelines.
However, the game was played on a dangerous slab of concrete, and im sure there would be probably a dozen players from each side that woke up this morning feeling like they had been tied to the back of a car a dragged along the road for a few kms.
Then when it was time to wash off all the blood coming from knees, elbows, shoulders, faces, etc, it was done with - yep you guessed it - ice cold water. No hot water.
Im almost certain this would not be the fault of the football club. Council perhaps? I got no idea to be honest.
I noticed a bloke in a maroon coat there. I wonder if he was wincing every time someone came off for the blood rule, or when the 42 blokes had to crawl back to the changerooms for their cold showers.
I guess most ovals are like that this time of year, so im probably just being a sook, but there's your facility report.
Leo
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby lion heart » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:21 am

Pretty honest assessment oval was as hard as a rock i certainly would not have enjoyed playing on it but there are plenty of ovals in the same boat. During major works on the school they ruptured the gas main which has meant no hot water for the last month (brand new hot water service was installed this year) and you are right it is totally out of our control. The league and clubs were notified about the situation.

BUT

Don't blame our club for reluctantly accepting a game no one else wanted to host. If Morphies felt so strongly about it maybe they should have put their hand up?
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Bag The Points » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:31 pm

You hit the nail right on the head Lion Heart. I can't believe all the whinging and carrying on about this because it was put on the only ground that agreed to host it.
What would they have preferred ? --- the Lions not wanting it, leaving nowhere to play except somewhere that WOULD'VE hurt ---- an actual street. :roll:
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby liverpool kiss » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:18 pm

lion heart wrote:Pretty honest assessment oval was as hard as a rock i certainly would not have enjoyed playing on it but there are plenty of ovals in the same boat. During major works on the school they ruptured the gas main which has meant no hot water for the last month (brand new hot water service was installed this year) and you are right it is totally out of our control. The league and clubs were notified about the situation.

BUT

Don't blame our club for reluctantly accepting a game no one else wanted to host. If Morphies felt so strongly about it maybe they should have put their hand up?
liverpool kiss

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL