Morphet Vale Emus

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Postby Hafey » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:55 pm

Buff wrote:Looks like the replies have shot your theory to death hafey! there is an old saying "if it aint broke........" Dont know where you get your info from but my research tells me its HILL & ROBINSON??? unless they have changed their reserves coach i still think its that big bald.......... my money is with Morphies, Valley will go O.k though. See the EMUS pumped Reynella in both grades! 5 Allen used to play there in the nineties.....i reckon he played in the loosing 97 GF.....shit kick!

Let's just wait and see , its a long season and MY research tells me that Hills gameplan will be taken apart by ceratin coaches who have done there home work . It may work at the moment but what's going to happen when plan B is needed ??

As for Robinson , he should of been given a life ban last year . He king hit a opposition player who had rolled into the coaches box whilst wrestling with one of his own players . Cost him coaching the GF last year but should of got life for such a cowardly act .
What i dont know about football isnt worth knowing .
Hafey
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Insider » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:12 pm

Bulldog wrote:reynella will win this weekend going by the two previous years in the first round against them :D
\

So Bulldog wats your prediction this week??? Pretty close last week with this result!!!!! HAHAHA
Insider
Rookie

Postby Bully » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:38 pm

yeah well looks like the payments towards morphett vale players seem to be working. they play football and also become rich
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Hasbeen » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:20 pm

Hafey wrote:
Buff wrote:Looks like the replies have shot your theory to death hafey! there is an old saying "if it aint broke........" Dont know where you get your info from but my research tells me its HILL & ROBINSON??? unless they have changed their reserves coach i still think its that big bald.......... my money is with Morphies, Valley will go O.k though. See the EMUS pumped Reynella in both grades! 5 Allen used to play there in the nineties.....i reckon he played in the loosing 97 GF.....shit kick!

Let's just wait and see , its a long season and MY research tells me that Hills gameplan will be taken apart by ceratin coaches who have done there home work . It may work at the moment but what's going to happen when plan B is needed ??

As for Robinson , he should of been given a life ban last year . He king hit a opposition player who had rolled into the coaches box whilst wrestling with one of his own players . Cost him coaching the GF last year but should of got life for such a cowardly act .

It was actually a knee to the head of a player who was wrestling on the ground still on the oval,he walked over the boundary line onto the oval and split him open like a ripe peach, MV got it postponed for over a month but got their dates wrong, they wanted it heard after the season but he got one game in the end the GF. No big ban because League President ex Morphies Player.
Hasbeen
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Buff » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:56 am

[quote="Hasbeen"][quote="Hafey"][quote="Buff"]Looks like the replies have shot your theory to death hafey! there is an old saying "if it aint broke........" Dont know where you get your info from but my research tells me its HILL & ROBINSON??? unless they have changed their reserves coach i still think its that big bald.......... my money is with Morphies, Valley will go O.k though. See the EMUS pumped Reynella in both grades! 5 Allen used to play there in the nineties.....i reckon he played in the loosing 97 GF.....shit kick![/quote]

As for Robinson , he should of been given a life ban last year . He king hit a opposition player who had rolled into the coaches box whilst wrestling with one of his own players . Cost him coaching the GF last year but should of got life for such a cowardly act .[/quote]
It was actually a knee to the head of a player who was wrestling on the ground still on the oval,he walked over the boundary line onto the oval and split him open like a ripe peach, MV got it postponed for over a month but got their dates wrong, they wanted it heard after the season but he got one game in the end the GF. No big ban because League President ex Morphies Player.[/quote]

tisk tisk......from what i hear and saw! you guys have NFI....chineses whispers! you are obviously Lions people?
Buff
Mini-League

Postby lion heart » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:29 am

Well i am a Lion and i saw the incident with my own 2 eyes and would swear this on my mothers life

A wrestle broke out a couple of metres from the boundary line and just in front of the coaches box......the lion player got on top but no punches were thrown by either player.... renowned hothead Robinson takes a step on the oval and knees our player in the head who then requires stitches .... it is a disgrace that Robinson got 1 match and just another bungle by the s.f.l. .... i also heard a couple of morphies supporters and officials on the day who were disgusted with Robinson's act

As for Hill his record speaks for itself .... He did a great job with the reserves winning a few flags and won last years senior premiership with a weakened team from the previous year ... Morphies are the team to beat again and i cant see the problem with their gameplan..... if someone wants to take their gameplan apart they are going to have to get fitter, faster,stronger and taller to beat the emu's this year..... i think Cove may emerge as their biggest challenger
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Hafey » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:57 am

lion heart wrote:Well i am a Lion and i saw the incident with my own 2 eyes and would swear this on my mothers life

A wrestle broke out a couple of metres from the boundary line and just in front of the coaches box......the lion player got on top but no punches were thrown by either player.... renowned hothead Robinson takes a step on the oval and knees our player in the head who then requires stitches .... it is a disgrace that Robinson got 1 match and just another bungle by the s.f.l. .... i also heard a couple of morphies supporters and officials on the day who were disgusted with Robinson's act

I am a supporter of neither team but a inccident like that does travel around football circles pretty quickly , for Robinson to come off the bench and knee a player in the head is disgracefull and should of receieved a harsher penalty . I am not suprised to hear that morphies supporters and officials on the day were embarressed by his cowardly act .
What i dont know about football isnt worth knowing .
Hafey
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby the big bang » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:36 pm

it was mentioned that the SFL president is an ex-morphies guy. Mr. Warman was also my Morphies U18's team manager.but judging by his comments after the B-grade grand final, during the medal ceremonies. the emus took there time coming out to the area where the ceremony was taking place, Warman was on the microphone, he turned and said over the P.A, "Are they coming out?" then someone must have said "no", or something to that effect, he then said "Yeah, that figures, they're a bunch of wankers".

Now, i'm not sure if he meant to say it over the P.A, but the fact is, it was picked up and heard by the crowd that gathered to watch the ceremony.

So,correct me if I'm wrong, but they're the words of someone not too keen on the Morphett Vale Football Club.

Was there some sort of a falling out between Mr. Warman and MVFC?
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Insider » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:32 pm

the_big_bang wrote:it was mentioned that the SFL president is an ex-morphies guy. Mr. Warman was also my Morphies U18's team manager.but judging by his comments after the B-grade grand final, during the medal ceremonies. the emus took there time coming out to the area where the ceremony was taking place, Warman was on the microphone, he turned and said over the P.A, "Are they coming out?" then someone must have said "no", or something to that effect, he then said "Yeah, that figures, they're a bunch of wankers".

Now, i'm not sure if he meant to say it over the P.A, but the fact is, it was picked up and heard by the crowd that gathered to watch the ceremony.

So,correct me if I'm wrong, but they're the words of someone not too keen on the Morphett Vale Football Club.

Was there some sort of a falling out between Mr. Warman and MVFC?

correct me if im wrong but didnt Mr Warman spend many years at lonsdale or sullies ?
Insider
Rookie

Postby The Mexican » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:13 am

Hafey wrote:
lion heart wrote:Well i am a Lion and i saw the incident with my own 2 eyes and would swear this on my mothers life

I am a supporter of neither team but a inccident like that does travel around football circles pretty quickly , for Robinson to come off the bench and knee a player in the head is disgracefull and should of receieved a harsher penalty . I am not suprised to hear that morphies supporters and officials on the day were embarressed by his cowardly act .

Lion Heart, i appreciate your take on the events that occurred but your eyes have failed you in 2 key area's. The first one being, the "cheap act" by the Lonsdale player attacking possibly the smallest player on the ground was responded to with a nice hit by the small rover from morphies. This split him open "like a ripe peach" make no mistake this is a fact. The second is that the wrestle started on the field but without doubt finished a good metre over the boundary line. The B grade coach meerely pushed the Loins player away with his knee. I am not agreeing with the actions of the coach or defending them, his penalty has been served. I am certainly strongly denying 2 points. 1 the king hit and 2 the walking on the ground to do it, these are categorically lies. You all may be forgetting any behind the scenes "greif" that may have been caused by this incident also. The way it was handled by all involved was a disgrace, it was blown out of all proportions. It was the worst handled incident i have ever seen in all my years in the SFL. Craig Warman never played for the Emus but has coached the B grade and under age sides.
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby THE MOLE » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:12 am

The Mexican wrote:
Hafey wrote:

Lion Heart, i appreciate your take on the events that occurred but your eyes have failed you in 2 key area's. The first one being, the "cheap act" by the Lonsdale player attacking possibly the smallest player on the ground was responded to with a nice hit by the small rover from morphies. This split him open "like a ripe peach" make no mistake this is a fact. The second is that the wrestle started on the field but without doubt finished a good metre over the boundary line. The B grade coach meerely pushed the Loins player away with his knee. I am not agreeing with the actions of the coach or defending them, his penalty has been served. I am certainly strongly denying 2 points. 1 the king hit and 2 the walking on the ground to do it, these are categorically lies. You all may be forgetting any behind the scenes "greif" that may have been caused by this incident also. The way it was handled by all involved was a disgrace, it was blown out of all proportions. It was the worst handled incident i have ever seen in all my years in the SFL. Craig Warman never played for the Emus but has coached the B grade and under age sides.

Did you see the incident mexican>???? I doubt it after saying what you just said. I have no real alliance with either club (if anything morphett vale after playing in a premiership with them) I was leaving the ground after watching the juniors and There was a bit of a wrestle, and Robinson clearly went onto the oval and blatantly kneed the lonsdale player in the head. I was talking to the Morphett vale time keeper who was sitting on the same angle as me and stated how embarasing it was to see such an incident. Then the way the morphies guys reacted after was disgraceful.
THE MOLE
Under 18s

Postby The Mexican » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:36 am

THE MOLE wrote:
The Mexican wrote:
Hafey wrote:

Did you see the incident mexican>???? I doubt it after saying what you just said. I have no real alliance with either club (if anything morphett vale after playing in a premiership with them) I was leaving the ground after watching the juniors and There was a bit of a wrestle, and Robinson clearly went onto the oval and blatantly kneed the lonsdale player in the head. I was talking to the Morphett vale time keeper who was sitting on the same angle as me and stated how embarasing it was to see such an incident. Then the way the morphies guys reacted after was disgraceful.

Hey Mole, let me just say you didn't see the incident as clearly as some...!! I never stated Robinson didn't knee him in the head, he categorically did not walk over the boundary line (not that i see this as an issue anyway).
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby THE MOLE » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:43 am

The Mexican wrote:
THE MOLE wrote:
The Mexican wrote:
Hafey wrote:

Hey Mole, let me just say you didn't see the incident as clearly as some...!! I never stated Robinson didn't knee him in the head, he categorically did not walk over the boundary line (not that i see this as an issue anyway).

I dont see how anyone could defend his actions. I wont be going down there for a drink anymore.
THE MOLE
Under 18s

Postby Buff » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:49 am

Didn't the Lonsdale player charge Robinson with Assault????? the charge was dismissed due to conflicting stories from those who claim to have seen the incident...so im told!
anyway...thats old news that has been dealt with......lets build a bridge!
hey Mexican......what club do you play with????
Buff
Mini-League

Postby The Mexican » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:54 am

Buff wrote:Didn't the Lonsdale player charge Robinson with Assault????? the charge was dismissed due to conflicting stories from those who claim to have seen the incident...so im told!

Retired a few years back now and am involved more so from a league's point of view these days. Played most of my games for Porties and finished off in another league..
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby Junior » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:02 pm

The Mexican wrote:
Buff wrote:Didn't the Lonsdale player charge Robinson with Assault????? the charge was dismissed due to conflicting stories from those who claim to have seen the incident...so im told!

Retired a few years back now and am involved more so from a league's point of view these days. Played most of my games for Porties and finished off in another league..

Your involved from a league point of view ay Mexican, so does that mean your a member at M/Vale aswell, sure wouldn't suprise me. The word of M/Vale will always win over smaller clubs such as Lonsdale etc! Why do you think he only got 1 game! If a player was to knee someone in the face he'd get more weeks than that! the league is a shambles when smaller clubs have what seems to be no rights when it comes to bigger clubs such as M/Vale, reynella, valley, brighton. The league needs to take a look at itself and probably it's board members too!
Junior
Rookie

Postby The Dutchman » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:23 pm

G'day junior
I am not affiliated with any SFL club but i am interested to know if you are you associated with any SFL committees or whether you attend AGM's? Perhaps you could find the right forum for you to raise your issues with the league and the rights of your club. Then your concerns might truly be heard.
The Robinson issue has been overdone, and using it to highlight M/Vales superiority over other clubs undermines M/Vales hard work and loyalty of its players to get to its current position as the best club in the comp.
The Dutchman
Under 18s

Postby THE MOLE » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:29 pm

The Dutchman wrote:G'day junior
I am not affiliated with any SFL club but i am interested to know if you are you associated with any SFL committees or whether you attend AGM's? Perhaps you could find the right forum for you to raise your issues with the league and the rights of your club. Then your concerns might truly be heard.
The Robinson issue has been overdone, and using it to highlight M/Vales superiority over other clubs undermines M/Vales hard work and loyalty of its players to get to its current position as the best club in the comp.

But the league is full of Morphett Vale people........
There is no question that morphies hard work has got them there, but doesnt mean that they should dominate the leagues committee aswell.....
Juniors point (i think) was that issues have been raised with the league, but laughed at, no matter how times they have been brought up. Therefore the lower teams dont have a chance to catch up to morphett vale and they will continue to dominate, which isnt good for the competition, or football in general.
THE MOLE
Under 18s

Postby Junior » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:38 pm

nah i'm not on any committees, just play for a club in the SFL and know that this Robinson incident just typifies the attitude M/Vale/League have towards smaller clubs and things will never change when the league is basically run by them, trust me we've tried. You just need to look at this Robinson incident to realise that! The bloke only got a one game suspension and he's not really mean't to make contact with any opposition player, but too knee him in the face, what's that shit?
Junior
Rookie

Postby The Mexican » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:14 pm

THE MOLE wrote:

But the league is full of Morphett Vale people........
There is no question that morphies hard work has got them there, but doesnt mean that they should dominate the leagues committee aswell.....
Juniors point (i think) was that issues have been raised with the league, but laughed at, no matter how times they have been brought up. Therefore the lower teams dont have a chance to catch up to morphett vale and they will continue to dominate, which isnt good for the competition, or football in general.

"The league is full of Morphett Vale people" please name them...?? I'm sure from Morphett Vale's point of view this is not the case. I am unaware of any...
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL