B Grade 2008

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

B Grade 2008

Postby Wedgie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:28 am

Similar to the C grade thread can people please give me a run down on how the B Grade panned out this year and who's in the running for the flag?
Its good to be able to catch up with the happenings down South, I should have made this separate forum earlier!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2055 times
Been liked: 3906 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: B Grade 2008

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:33 am

Morphett Vale top all year with Brighton, Reynella and Cove joining them in the double chance. Morphett and Reynella now into Prelims.
Other finalists --- Happy Valley and Christies (still alive) ---- Noarlunga and Flaggies (eliminated)
This week's Semis-- Cove v. Valley, Brighton v. Christies
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Wedgie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:35 am

Thanks mate! :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2055 times
Been liked: 3906 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby The Mexican » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:35 am

Been quite an even year, altho it seems to have involved the same 5 teams as the last 6-7 years. Emu's finished top then came Brighton, Reynella, Cove and Valley...

Emu's defeated Cove by less than 2 goals and Reynella beat Brighton by 5... Reynella going for 3 in a row and look quite strong.. Next weeks game will be Emu's v Brighton and Reynella v Cove/Valley...

Any 1 of those 5 could win it on their day.
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby MatteeG » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:04 pm

Flaggies were dead set stiff to lose by a point Sunday against a fast tiring Valleys outfit- 6 goals to 2 Valleys way at half time, ended up 7.7 to 7.6 or something like that.

A pity the boys couldnt have played the first half like they did the second.

Reckon Morphies, Reynella and BDOS to fight out the Bs this year...
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby AFLflyer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:12 pm

MatteeG wrote:Flaggies were dead set stiff to lose by a point Sunday against a fast tiring Valleys outfit- 6 goals to 2 Valleys way at half time, ended up 7.7 to 7.6 or something like that.

For mine it will be Morphett vale vs reynella GF, thats if reynella get over Cove.
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Cheese Twisties » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:29 pm

AFLflyer wrote:
MatteeG wrote:Flaggies were dead set stiff to lose by a point Sunday against a fast tiring Valleys outfit- 6 goals to 2 Valleys way at half time, ended up 7.7 to 7.6 or something like that.

For mine it will be Morphett vale vs reynella GF, thats if reynella get over Cove.

Hey Flyer i saw a bit of the the Reynella vs Brighton final on Saturday and noticed that Proctor bloke was playing - isnt he normally an A grade starter? Is he playing in the Bs due to form or one of the blokes who supposedly prefers to play Bs? He's got a good set of hands as was playing forward, rather than backlines as ive usually seen him.
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby AFLflyer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:37 pm

Cheese Twisties wrote:
AFLflyer wrote:

Hey Flyer i saw a bit of the the Reynella vs Brighton final on Saturday and noticed that Proctor bloke was playing - isnt he normally an A grade starter? Is he playing in the Bs due to form or one of the blokes who supposedly prefers to play Bs? He's got a good set of hands as was playing forward, rather than backlines as ive usually seen him.

Form i think you will find. He's played most of the year in the A's and is a quality player, who has played alot of games. just struggling at the moment to make it. maybe this week after last weeks performance.
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Postby shoe boy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:05 pm

I watched Cove v M/Vale both were quality sides and one of the better B grade games I have seen.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:17 pm

If they keep Procter in the B-Grade Reynella are history.
Opposing coaches must be leaping with glee noticing his name in the B-Grade. The guy is a match-winner, regardless of whether he is forward or back. Fantastic option to McKeough when they slip him up there. I'm staggered they are not using him. :shock:
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby efc » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:01 pm

I think Bag the points if you have a look at it from this perspective you may look at it differently.

His fitness appears to be an issue (carries a bit around the middle)as well as his speed. When Reynella have been beaten by the top sides in the past they have been made to look slow.

Yes he has good hands and is hard at it but IMO he is not a key position backman so players he lines up on are a little smaller and a lot quicker and this has hurt him in the past.

Playing forward is an option but then do they have to many of his type. Once again not a leading quick forward or a crumber, so with Milo and Mensforth and co is there to much of the same with him in the forward 50
efc
Rookie

Postby cyclops » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:39 pm

Definately agree with the proctor situation-should be in the a grade,has terrific hands very dangerous forward.
cyclops

Postby fisho mcspaz » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:25 pm

Bag The Points wrote:If they keep Procter in the B-Grade Reynella are history.
Opposing coaches must be leaping with glee noticing his name in the B-Grade. The guy is a match-winner, regardless of whether he is forward or back. Fantastic option to McKeough when they slip him up there. I'm staggered they are not using him. :shock:

Agreed. I was surprised not to see his name in the As.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Mexican » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:40 pm

I am told that Brett Threadgold will front the tribunal tonight on a striking charge, heard it wasn't a very nice incident either, he was acquitted of a similar charge this time last year... Will be interesting to see how it pans out... My tip, IF found guilty 1 week at the most, think you'd need to chop someone's head off in this comp to get more than that...!!!
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby SFL SPY » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:43 am

Sorry to disappoint you Mex but Brett Threadgold got off, he was found guilty but got a reprimand so he is all clear to play.
Not to sure on Tucker though from what i here Brighton had a small army there trying to get him off.
SFL SPY

Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby The Mexican » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:40 am

SFL SPY wrote:Sorry to disappoint you Mex but Brett Threadgold got off, he was found guilty but got a reprimand so he is all clear to play.
Not to sure on Tucker though from what i here Brighton had a small army there trying to get him off.

Not disappointed mate, or surprised for that matter... Back to back let off's for him...
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby KEYDEFENDER » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:15 am

The SFL has a poor record when it comes to blatant thuggary..
get some balls
KEYDEFENDER
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby tatts » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:22 pm

The Mexican wrote:
SFL SPY wrote:Sorry to disappoint you Mex but Brett Threadgold got off, he was found guilty but got a reprimand so he is all clear to play.

Not disappointed mate, or surprised for that matter... Back to back let off's for him...

Well Mex, that goes to show how fair dinkum the SFL isn"t !! Once again he gets off when should of got games.He has been up before and then was found guilty last night and gets off.SFL is a joke !!!! No wonder nobody respects them
If the only reason you play is for a beer with your mates after the game,your playing for the wrong reasons !!
tatts
Rookie

Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby AFLflyer » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:53 pm

Can anyone from Cove or anywhere, explain why their B's lost to H.valley on the weekend? The valleys looked average against Flaggies and were lucky to get through. Cove B's are a very good side. I didnt see the game on the weekend.

Hope this isnt a sign of things to come for the A grade. Cove have alot to prove in finals...?
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Postby Swooper16 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:23 pm

Pretty sure i read in the paper that Kovacic played B grade for Valley that day and kicked 3 goals. I know 1 player doesnt win a game on their own but he would be more then handy at that level. Doubt he would be qualified for this week tho.
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL