NO 5 IN A ROW FOR MORPHIES

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

NO 5 IN A ROW FOR MORPHIES

Postby NO-MERCY » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:03 pm

The much talked about club in the Southern League were meant to have just showed their faces Sat & premiership no.5 was there's.
Did they get to far ahead of themselves? :roll:
Maybe so, talk about a bath some of those Morphies blokes would'nt have had to take a shower after the game, they were bathed clean!
Great effort Greg Anderson & players.
I thought cracks were starting to show at Morphett vale!
NO-MERCY
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times

Re: NO 5 IN A ROW FOR MORPHIES

Postby The Big Shrek » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:19 pm

NO-MERCY wrote:I thought cracks were starting to show at Morphett vale!

Then why didn't you tell us earlier genius?
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 368 times

Postby Chipper » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:21 pm

Explain the cracks that are starting to show???? Is that cause they didnt win the flag..duh...
What sort of comment is that "did they get a head of themselves.:"
why would you even say that(on what basis)

I agree well done Ando and boys. congrats.
Chipper
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Big Shrek » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:24 pm

I can see the cracks appearing in either Geelong or Hawthorn. I'll tell you which one next Sunday.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 368 times

Postby NO-MERCY » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:32 pm

How about with the coach earlier in the year & the players that had had a gutfull of him, yes you know what i'm talking about.
As for getting ahead of themselves, yes this club expected to win the flag & create history of 5 in a row, all i heard throughout the year ( after losing a few ) was yes finals time is different game , we step up & play a brand of football far superior than any in the Southern League, well where's the superiority now? :oops:
NO-MERCY
Coach

Postby NO-MERCY » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:37 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:I can see the cracks appearing in either Geelong or Hawthorn. I'll tell you which one next Sunday.

I'll tell you now Shrekky Hawthorn will beat Geelong as i see a hair-line fracture in Geelong.
NO-MERCY
Coach

Postby Bag The Points » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:17 am

Hardly think losing both times to Cove would have had the Emus over-confident in the Grand Final.
Anyway, creating a title "no five in a row" is a huge compliment to them ---- highlights the fact they were good enough to win four. Can't find any other current SFL side that has done that too recently. Only ever done three times before, and only once in the last fifty years, which was Morphett Vale !!!
Only current club that can boast it is Aldinga ---- six in a row (still a Southern record) back in the early Thirties. Only other time was Willunga (now in GSFL) --- five in a row back in the Fifties (wich of course they have just matched down there)
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby cyclops » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:23 am

I can tell u for sure m/vale never got ahead of themselves at any stage of the year.We actually had ourselves at about 3rd in line going into finals,we thought that cove and brighton especially were extremely good sides and were going to be very difficuilt to beat.Cove were absolutely sensational on the weekend and this year as well,and deserved what they got.
I just hope now from a m/vale point of view that the club does not fall apart as we did when we lost our last a grade flag in about "97",we have some very good juniors coming thru but these kids need the senior players to stick around and help them with their future development.Personally i can really see the baton being taken away and think we will come right back to the field,but would really like too see as valley and brighton have done for m,vale to not be too far away.Once again full congratulations to ando and cove they were the best team all year.
cyclops

Postby words of wisdom » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:09 pm

cyclops wrote:I can tell u for sure m/vale never got ahead of themselves at any stage of the year.We actually had ourselves at about 3rd in line going into finals,we thought that cove and brighton especially were extremely good sides and were going to be very difficuilt to beat.Cove were absolutely sensational on the weekend and this year as well,and deserved what they got.
I just hope now from a m/vale point of view that the club does not fall apart as we did when we lost our last a grade flag in about "97",we have some very good juniors coming thru but these kids need the senior players to stick around and help them with their future development.Personally i can really see the baton being taken away and think we will come right back to the field,but would really like too see as valley and brighton have done for m,vale to not be too far away.Once again full congratulations to ando and cove they were the best team all year.

Rather humble 4 you cyclops. Theres no cracks at Morphies. Pottsy set up a great culture down there, you need alot of hard work & a little bit of luck to win a premiership, 4 in a row is a great effort. I cant see Morphies sliping outside the top 5 for years to come. Will Gasko, Fish & Jammer go around again??
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Swooper16 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:19 pm

Fish has retired. Shorty is a probable retirement. Gaskin has said he was going to do a preseason but then only play C grade. I reckon he might go on. Dylan Sampson is going to continue. Not sure about Jamma.

Think the club will be trying very hard to get Reid & Hodgey back for 09
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times

Postby cyclops » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:41 pm

Swooper16 wrote:Fish has retired. Shorty is a probable retirement. Gaskin has said he was going to do a preseason but then only play C grade. I reckon he might go on. Dylan Sampson is going to continue. Not sure about Jamma.

I hope youre rite swooper,2 extremely good players and would be a real lift for the club for next season,i do feel though if cove can keep this current group together then we made need a few more than Beech and Hodgey.
cyclops

Postby tatts » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:07 pm

cyclops wrote:
Swooper16 wrote:Fish has retired. Shorty is a probable retirement. Gaskin has said he was going to do a preseason but then only play C grade. I reckon he might go on. Dylan Sampson is going to continue. Not sure about Jamma.

I hope youre rite swooper,2 extremely good players and would be a real lift for the club for next season,i do feel though if cove can keep this current group together then we made need a few more than Beech and Hodgey.

Reckon we might get Beeching,Hodge and Ewer back.Add Paul Erickson,Matt Erickson,Pittman,Aron Hill,Kain Hewitt as well and i think this may make a difference.Cove were fantastic in the GF and good on them they were the best team all season.They played great footy on the day and deserved their first DIV 1 flag.Great reward for the players and club but im just pleased for Ralph Platten who has given his heart and soul for the club as coach and president,WELL DONE RALPH !!!!
If the only reason you play is for a beer with your mates after the game,your playing for the wrong reasons !!
tatts
Rookie

Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby cyclops » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:33 pm

tatts wrote:
cyclops wrote:

Reckon we might get Beeching,Hodge and Ewer back.Add Paul Erickson,Matt Erickson,Pittman,Aron Hill,Kain Hewitt as well and i think this may make a difference.Cove were fantastic in the GF and good on them they were the best team all season.They played great footy on the day and deserved their first DIV 1 flag.Great reward for the players and club but im just pleased for Ralph Platten who has given his heart and soul for the club as coach and president,WELL DONE RALPH !!!!

Now ya talkn tatts,these are sum of the names we need back again to be able to match it with the likes of cove again.I rekn we get these boys bak then this time next year we could be doin this :partyman: : :partyman: :partyman:,luv ya work tatts!
cyclops

Postby GWW » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:39 pm

Would Morphett Vale be willing to offer some decent $$'s to get some of those players back though??
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby cyclops » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:22 am

GWW wrote:Would Morphett Vale be willing to offer some decent $$'s to get some of those players back though??

No $ mate,they will just play for love. :heart: :heart: :heart:
cyclops

Postby AFLflyer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:46 am

cyclops wrote:
GWW wrote:Would Morphett Vale be willing to offer some decent $$'s to get some of those players back though??

is that why Polly's leaving ??? for the love!
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Been liked: 3 times

Postby cyclops » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:11 am

AFLflyer wrote:
cyclops wrote:

Cmon flyer,do u honestly think that polly is going to leave?
there is no way this would ever happen.Man do u know wot polly does for a living?trust me he does not need anymore money i can tell ya rite now.
cyclops

Postby AFLflyer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:14 am

cyclops wrote:
AFLflyer wrote:
cyclops wrote:

there is no way this would ever happen.Man do u know wot polly does for a living?trust me he does not need anymore money i can tell ya rite now.

here's for hoping, he is a big part of your side..... with the other mentioned players retiring, moving on. there would be a few big holes to fill... cash like that would be hard to turn down..!
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Been liked: 3 times

Postby cyclops » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:29 pm

No $ mate,they will just play for love. :heart: :heart: :heart:[/quote]

is that why Polly's leaving ??? for the love![/quote]
there is no way this would ever happen.Man do u know wot polly does for a living?trust me he does not need anymore money i can tell ya rite now.[/quote]

here's for hoping, he is a big part of your side..... with the other mentioned players retiring, moving on. there would be a few big holes to fill... cash like that would be hard to turn down..![/quote]

That cash is only a cupla hours of work for polly.Youre absolutely rite by saying he is a massive part of our side,and not only this we do need to fill the positions left vacant by the retiree/s.We have sum good kids coming thru the ranks so we need to get back to basics and work our arses off.
cyclops

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:16 am

NO-MERCY wrote:How about with the coach earlier in the year & the players that had had a gutfull of him, yes you know what i'm talking about.
As for getting ahead of themselves, yes this club expected to win the flag & create history of 5 in a row, all i heard throughout the year ( after losing a few ) was yes finals time is different game , we step up & play a brand of football far superior than any in the Southern League, well where's the superiority now? :oops:

Interesting to hear you bringing up bad player/coach relationships, something you know a bit about NM?

Tell me does the fact that they won 4 in a row even count when you started on your little "cracks are showing" rant? It was always going to come to an end one day.

Well done on spotting it after the event though. :roll:
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL