Pre Season Training

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Pre Season Training

Postby shoe boy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:37 am

Well Ill be the first.
Pre season training starts for the Shoes on November 3 Monday at the club and will continue to xmas on Mondays and Wedensdays,so if you would like to be involved with a young group of lads that are heading in the right direction you are all welcome.
A grade coach Michael Irvine assistant Jody Tassonie
B grade coach Jack Smedley assistant Ian Alderman
18 coach David Couch
16 coach Peter Galbrath
14 coach Mark Anderson
Phone the club on 83860977 if no answer leave a message and your call will be returned
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 491 times
Been liked: 208 times

Re: Pre Season Training

Postby AFLflyer » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:17 am

That's keen ! anyone else start that early? AFL doesnt start much earlier. what numbers would you hope to get at that time of the year.
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby The Girth » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:41 pm

too right thats early hope they get a good turn out but i reckon i would struggle with the idea that soon after the season
The Girth
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby MatteeG » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:51 pm

Flaggies are early starters for 2009. From http://www.fhfc.com.au:

"Training will kick off on the 26th of October at 9:30am, all Senior players and any Junior players are all welcome to attend.

Please meet at the Seacliff Yacht Club car park (at the end of the Esplanade), following on from the initial training there will be 4 sessions before the official preseason starts. They are on November 16th, November 30th, December 14th and January 18th. FHFC Official preseason will start on Tuesday the 27th of January 2009. For more information please contact fhfc@internode.on.net."

Everyone welcome!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 510 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Mr Magoo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:57 pm

October training
You are joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By April everyone will be sick of it.

No wonder we have people quitting all the time!

Coach must be a crayfish
Mr Magoo
Under 16s

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:01 pm

Can I ask what the thought process is behind having 1 training session every two weeks Mattee?

Surely anything achieved in the training session would be lost by the next one?
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 73 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby The Mexican » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:13 pm

Zelezny you of all people should see this as a positive, what this does is keeps the keen one's together for longer, builds a real comradery... We did this for the first couple years with Trevor and Steve... Steve took us until Christmas time then Trevor from end of January, each year the numbers grew and look where that has got us today... Flaggies and Noarlunga have young lists and i reckon it is a great initiative, only good for a few years though to ensure that group sticks together then you can taper it back once you have created that bond...

Good luck to both clubs, hope you get good numbers and you will see the rewards in the not too distant future... Having said all this i'm glad it's not me starting at this time of year..!! :shock:
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby Jelom19 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:22 pm

The Mexican wrote:Zelezny you of all people should see this as a positive, what this does is keeps the keen one's together for longer, builds a real comradery... We did this for the first couple years with Trevor and Steve... Steve took us until Christmas time then Trevor from end of January, each year the numbers grew and look where that has got us today... Flaggies and Noarlunga have young lists and i reckon it is a great initiative, only good for a few years though to ensure that group sticks together then you can taper it back once you have created that bond...

Good luck to both clubs, hope you get good numbers and you will see the rewards in the not too distant future... Having said all this i'm glad it's not me starting at this time of year..!! :shock:

=D> =D> Well done Mex any idea what Gasko is doing next year or wait until pre season starts?
Jelom19
Rookie

Postby candyman » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:37 pm

At Christies Fabian wants us to start before christmas, lucky lynch isn't coaching Aldinga again they might start before christmas and play 5 on 5 trial games every night cause he can't think of anything else to do, good luck onky this year I can't really see them going forward this year, they should have appointed a netball coach, a good mate of mine who plays at Aldinga but moved there from morphetvale reckons lynch wouldn't have gotten a b grade job at most other clubs.
candyman

Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Cheese Twisties » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:11 pm

MatteeG wrote:Flaggies are early starters for 2009. From http://www.fhfc.com.au:

"Training will kick off on the 26th of October at 9:30am, all Senior players and any Junior players are all welcome to attend.

Please meet at the Seacliff Yacht Club car park (at the end of the Esplanade), following on from the initial training there will be 4 sessions before the official preseason starts. They are on November 16th, November 30th, December 14th and January 18th. FHFC Official preseason will start on Tuesday the 27th of January 2009. For more information please contact fhfc@internode.on.net."

Everyone welcome!

A good spot for a run that one MatteeG, that esplanade certainly provides some "scenic views" when hitting the pavement! However there is a prick of a staircase in the vicinity as well, if your lucky your coach may not know about it...

Saying that, ill probably just watch from the balcony of the Seacliff!
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Mexican » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:12 pm

Jelom19 wrote:
The Mexican wrote:Zelezny you of all people should see this as a positive, what this does is keeps the keen one's together for longer, builds a real comradery... We did this for the first couple years with Trevor and Steve... Steve took us until Christmas time then Trevor from end of January, each year the numbers grew and look where that has got us today... Flaggies and Noarlunga have young lists and i reckon it is a great initiative, only good for a few years though to ensure that group sticks together then you can taper it back once you have created that bond...

=D> =D> Well done Mex any idea what Gasko is doing next year or wait until pre season starts?

Gasko is only a couple seasons away from life membership which is pretty important to him, he is a huge part of our club since he came back from O/S. Will more than likely complete most of the pre-season and take it from there, he will play, just which grade is the question, had many many beers with him saturday night and he is not thinking past pre-o at this stage..
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:16 pm

Had a couple of Sangria's this arvo have you Mex?

If you bothered to read what I said Mex, I asked why every 2nd week. I have no problem with the training but would have thought once a week would be more of a benefit.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Postby The Mexican » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:22 pm

Zelezny Chucks wrote:

If you bothered to read what I said Mex, I asked why every 2nd week. I have no problem with the training but would have thought once a week would be more of a benefit.

The point i am making ZC is that it is more of a bonding thing than "fitness", we used to train from early November till Christmas then not start again till the end of January if you remember correctly so basically everything we did fitness wise pretty well went out the window, however whilst we were training i remember a couple Friday nights at the Seaford which we organized during the week, every week or every fortnight as long as the boys are getting together i see this as a good thing..

P.S. Just to clarify you don't have a problem with "them" training or perhaps yourself..??
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:31 pm

The Mexican wrote:
Zelezny Chucks wrote:

The point i am making ZC is that it is more of a bonding thing than "fitness", we used to train from early November till Christmas then not start again till the end of January if you remember correctly so basically everything we did fitness wise pretty well went out the window, however whilst we were training i remember a couple Friday nights at the Seaford which we organized during the week, every week or every fortnight as long as the boys are getting together i see this as a good thing..

P.S. Just to clarify you don't have a problem with "them" training or perhaps yourself..??

That light beer you had with lunch has gone straight to your head.

What does your P.S. even mean?

FYI, I was as fit at the end of the season as I was at the start, not very.

Still outrun you at a canter though Mex.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Postby GO THE PUNT » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:15 pm

Im with you mex great idea I think. Why not get down the beach have a jog, a swim and a look. Believe it or not thats what people do in summer have a look along the espy everynight thats what goes on. It just happens that its a bunch of footy blokes out so why not call it pre-season. Who knows it may attract someone who was going to be lazy and make them get into gear. My vote is well done flaggies.
GO THE PUNT
Rookie

Postby The Big Shrek » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:21 pm

candyman wrote:At Christies Fabian wants us to start before christmas.

Just make sure he's with you when you're running. Otherwise he might be unwrapping his own early Christmas present!
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 370 times

Postby boozehound » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:23 pm

Classic
Harsh but fair.....
boozehound
League Bench Warmer

Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby MatteeG » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:47 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
candyman wrote:At Christies Fabian wants us to start before christmas.

Just make sure he's with you when you're running. Otherwise he might be unwrapping his own early Christmas present!

:lol: :lol: thats gold
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Postby MatteeG » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:52 pm

My thoughts are the same as yours ZC- a bit of fitness, competition and a perve, perfect ingredients for team bonding...I think if the boys can develop a committed core before Christmas it will drive more numbers at the 'official' pre-season start. Cheese Twisties give the boys a wave from the balcony if you see them, I'll probably be somewhere nearby (drinking capacity, not running!)
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Postby MR JUICY » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:09 am

Marion Rams start 29th November @ Ram Park. Come on down and get onboard everyone. :supz: :rock: :-({|=
MR JUICY
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL