Artists that stop playing their most familiar material

Yes, music now has its very own forum!

Re: Artists that stop playing their most familiar material

Postby Leaping Lindner » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:15 pm

REM stopped doing Shiny Happy People years ago..........Thank God.
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby southee » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:52 pm

The Jack wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:Bob Dylan

Were you at the Dylan concert at the Ent Cent around the time of the movie starring Denzel Washington, "Hurricane" came out, obviously featuring that song and he wouldn't play it? Or anything else that anyone knew! And if we did, it was re-arranged to the point of being almost unrecognizable. Paul Kelly supported, and he did the same thing! Most frustrating concert I've ever been to! Dylan gave the crowd absolutely nothing between songs as well. The guy behind me stood up and yelled out at one stage "Talk to us, you dickhead!" Very grumpy old man, only in it for the money now, was the impression I got. :-q

Funny story about a old work mate who saw Dylan in London in the late 70's.......walked on stage, no talk, played 3 songs then talked to the crowd and said " Oh well, I got your money .....I can f**k off now".....left the stage to never to return. He thought Dylan was joking...waited........waited......lights up......end of show!!!!

Crowd obviously....not happy!!!! :evil:
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 861 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Hazbeen » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:20 pm

Went to "A Day on the Green" where Colin Hay was one of the support acts, he played quite a few Men at Work songs but didn't play "Dpwn Under". When it came to the last song of his set and he introduced some random number off his latest solo effort the crown booed as everyone was expecting "Down Under".

And yes Silverchair wont play as Daniel Johns descibed it "that song about the 2 days from yesterday" but do play other songs from Frogstomp in the 5 times I've seen them.
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 123 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby fisho mcspaz » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:28 pm

The Jack wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:Bob Dylan

Were you at the Dylan concert at the Ent Cent around the time of the movie starring Denzel Washington, "Hurricane" came out, obviously featuring that song and he wouldn't play it? Or anything else that anyone knew! And if we did, it was re-arranged to the point of being almost unrecognizable. Paul Kelly supported, and he did the same thing! Most frustrating concert I've ever been to! Dylan gave the crowd absolutely nothing between songs as well. The guy behind me stood up and yelled out at one stage "Talk to us, you dickhead!" Very grumpy old man, only in it for the money now, was the impression I got. :-q

hahaha that's the one! :roll: :lol:
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Music