No Sleep til Festival

Yes, music now has its very own forum!

No Sleep til Festival

Postby ca » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:02 am

http://www.nosleeptil.com.au/

No Sleep Til Adelaide - Adelaide Entertainment Centre
Wednesday 15 December

Megadeth, NOFX, Dropkick Murphys, Parkway Drive, A Day to Remember, Gwar, Atreyu, Alkaline Trio, Frenzal Rhomb, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Suicide Silence, August Burns Red, Katatonia, 3 Inches of Blood, We Came As Romans, House Vs Hurricane, Break Even, Heroes For Hire & Confession

All Ages (13 and under must be accompanied by a parent). Licensed and Unlicensed Areas. Photo ID required for access to Licensed Areas.
Tickets On Sale Midday Thurs 9 Sept From Ticketek www.ticketek.com.au & 132 849
ca
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: No Sleep til Festival

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:52 am

ca wrote:http://www.nosleeptil.com.au/

Wednesday 15 December

Megadeth, NOFX, Dropkick Murphys, Parkway Drive, A Day to Remember, Gwar, Atreyu, Alkaline Trio, Frenzal Rhomb, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Suicide Silence, August Burns Red, Katatonia, 3 Inches of Blood, We Came As Romans, House Vs Hurricane, Break Even, Heroes For Hire & Confession

All Ages (13 and under must be accompanied by a parent). Licensed and Unlicensed Areas. Photo ID required for access to Licensed Areas.
Tickets On Sale Midday Thurs 9 Sept From Ticketek http://www.ticketek.com.au & 132 849

Were Gwar the band from the movie Empire Records where the dude gets baked and hallucinates?
Ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and eggs for tea
Baron Greenback
Coach

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Postby Cheese Twisties » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:57 am

Baron Greenback wrote:

Wednesday 15 December

Tickets On Sale Midday Thurs 9 Sept From Ticketek http://www.ticketek.com.au & 132 849

Were Gwar the band from the movie Empire Records where the dude gets baked and hallucinates?

Yes that is Gwar! Ive never actually heard their music, but only know them from that movie and their rep for awful gorey costumes and stage theatrics.

Where has this festival come from?? Will certainly be going! Love Megadeth, i believe they have been playing their iconic album "Rust in Peace" in its entirety for its 20 or 25 year anniversery.

Wow - Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Iron Maiden all in Adelaide over the next few months, im gonna be bankrupt and deaf by March!
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby AFLflyer » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:33 am

awesome - wonder how much this will be?
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Q. » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:31 pm

****. I won't be here :evil:
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2397 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby MatteeG » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:37 pm

**** another corker.

I need a payrise!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 510 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Cheese Twisties » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Tix went on sale today, and a quick look at Ticketek tells us that its $125.... and starts at 3pm on Wednesday December 15 2010! Venue is the Entertainment centre.

Megadeth to play the album "Rust in Peace" in its entirety...
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby saintal » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:05 pm

Katatonia would be worth seeing. Not sure about the rest really, not too many I'm into.

Pulled out Viva Emptiness this morning. Great album…
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 447 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Wednesday 15 December

Yeah Boy!!!!!!!! \m/ :supz: :prayer:
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10702 times
Been liked: 1560 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby ca » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:40 pm

Cheese Twisties wrote:Tix went on sale today, and a quick look at Ticketek tells us that its $125.... and starts at 3pm on Wednesday December 15 2010! Venue is the Entertainment centre.

Megadeth to play the album "Rust in Peace" in its entirety...

I don't have my ticket with me but I thought on the ticket it said 3:30pm doors and show time 4:30pm - 11:30pm. Regardless I presume they are using both venues, perhaps even alternating stages as well.
ca
Reserves

Postby ca » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:47 am

Timetables are up

http://www.nosleeptil.com.au/timetables/

Perhaps they are just using one venue. Much earlier start than what was advertised. Some of the International sets are too short for my liking.
ca
Reserves

Postby godoubleblues » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:50 pm

cool, have my ticket, hanging out to see Dropkick Murphys and NoFX
godoubleblues
Coach

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Millicent

Postby toot toot » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:15 am

any reports on how it was
toot toot
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby MatteeG » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:35 am

toot toot wrote:any reports on how it was

Agreed- financial shortfalls meant this show was a late scratching for yours truly!

How was Rust in Peace? Were the Gimmes smashed? Were there multitudes of windmill arms during A Day to Remember?
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 510 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Gozu » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:19 pm

"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 663 times

Postby godoubleblues » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:13 pm

MatteeG wrote:

Agreed- financial shortfalls meant this show was a late scratching for yours truly!

How was Rust in Peace? Were the Gimmes smashed? Were there multitudes of windmill arms during A Day to Remember?

I went along mainly to see DKMs and NoFX (big fan of both), both were bloody good if not long enough
and yeh, plenty of windmill arms during A Day to Remember, bloody funny as I am a bit older and hadnt seen that before, I went with the missus and both my kids (both in their early 20s) and their GF/BFs
Frenzal Rhomb were quite good as well but the most outrageous band of the night were definitely GWAR, out there costumes, heavy music and a weird stage show which included decapitation and spraying the crowd with blood, quite amusing to watch, if you havent seen them, then youtube them, worth a watch, apparently been around for over 25 years and have had a couple of grammy noms

I only saw a couple of songs from Megadeth but they sounded quite good, very tight and on their game
godoubleblues
Coach

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Millicent

Postby Wizard of Oz » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:13 pm

godoubleblues wrote:
MatteeG wrote:

I went along mainly to see DKMs and NoFX (big fan of both), both were bloody good if not long enough
and yeh, plenty of windmill arms during A Day to Remember, bloody funny as I am a bit older and hadnt seen that before, I went with the missus and both my kids (both in their early 20s) and their GF/BFs
Frenzal Rhomb were quite good as well but the most outrageous band of the night were definitely GWAR, out there costumes, heavy music and a weird stage show which included decapitation and spraying the crowd with blood, quite amusing to watch, if you havent seen them, then youtube them, worth a watch, apparently been around for over 25 years and have had a couple of grammy noms

I only saw a couple of songs from Megadeth but they sounded quite good, very tight and on their game

Blasphemy :)
Wizard of Oz
League - Best 21

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Board index   General Talk  Music