Soundwave '10'

Yes, music now has its very own forum!

Re: Soundwave '10'

Postby tazz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:11 pm

MatteeG wrote:
ca wrote:It's official, My Chemical Romance are out. Jimmy Eat World are in.

Hmm- pretty happy with this interchange actually...

The little emo kid inside me(non sexual you freaks)isnt happy about it
TRENCH EFFECT GIGS
Sat. Aug 2. Producers Bar w/ Burn Collect, Guilt Free
Sat. Aug 9. Goolwa(Dowdodd Cres) w/ The Beaded Clams, Psychodelicacy
Sat Sept 13. Emu Hotel w/ Psycho Green, Mid-Riffs
Fri Sept 19. Nevrland(Light Hotel) w/ Arcane Saints(Melb)
tazz
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby MatteeG » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:53 pm

tazz wrote:
MatteeG wrote:

Yeah Mrs G isnt happy either.

Cant wait to see your comb over fringe Tazz!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 510 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby tazz » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:05 pm

MatteeG wrote:
tazz wrote:
MatteeG wrote:

Cant wait to see your comb over fringe Tazz!

Should I dye my hair black, stare at the ground and sway side to side?
TRENCH EFFECT GIGS
tazz
Under 16s

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:04 pm

The little emo kid inside me(non sexual you freaks)isnt happy about it[/quote]

Cant wait to see your comb over fringe Tazz![/quote]
Should I dye my hair black, stare at the ground and sway side to side?[/quote]

Only if all your other friends have decided to be different and are doing it too. :roll:

MCR are good but so are JEW, if anything it will give us a break from the "World Hates Me" kids.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 73 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Wizard of Oz » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:34 pm

This is fantastic news.......although JEW are terrible......still fantastic news !
Wizard of Oz
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby ca » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:59 pm

Closure in Moscow are out. I doubt anyone will really care but the way it has happened is entertaining. Here is what the promoter released today, a day before the first show in Brisbane.

It is amazing how the one band you book on the festival only as a favour to their manager; whom you are paying 10 times what they are worth as a gesture of goodwill; and you bill way above their station, turn out to be the only demanding and rude people amongst a star-studded line up.

Here are some tips for other local bands hoping to keep a spot on a national festival:

1.Having a band member call the festival admin manager 2 days out from the festival with a new list of demands and being aggressive, rude and yelling at her only works if you are holding hostages.

2. Don't demand that festival vehicles and drivers pick band members up from their homes and then drop them off after the festival. Specially if you live on an island off the Gold Coast!

3. Don't demand that the festival should book and pay for your accommodation on top of the $25,000 you're being paid to pay for your own lodgings.

I could go on and on. Maybe publish a book some day...

Revised timetables will be posted shortly.
ca
Reserves

Been liked: 2 times

Postby ca » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:02 pm

Closure in Moscow have replied with this statement.

Beau Mckee on behalf of CIM

We have been absolutely devastated since being told that we couldn't perform at Soundwave this year. We've heard it's because we acted like "a bunch of rude ungrateful c_nts" as AJ articulated ever so warmly in an email to us.

We'd like to take a moment and address briefly the outrageous claims by Mr. Maddah. With only days before the beginning of the festival, we still didn't have any information. They were booking our flights as part of our deal and we still hadn't received any flight details or tour details. We were also under the impression that they'd be paying for our hotels the same that they do for all of the other Soundwave artists. Finding out that we were responsible for that ourselves was perfectly fine. Nobody even challenged it. We simply said okay and moved on. They were also providing ground transportation. Seeing as how we live in Australia and are already in Brisbane rehearsing for the tour, it seems a logical question to want to know if we should meet them somewhere central or if they'd be picking us up where we currently were. We were told they could pick us up and that was the end of that conversation. If they had a problem with any of those things they should have spoken up. We didn't demand or even request anything. We simply asked them questions for things that were still unanswered. Nobody raised their voice or even got upset. Minutes after hanging up what we felt was a normal routine conversation, we get a call from AJ. Keep in mind this is the first time that we are speaking to AJ about ANYTHING. After listening to a mouthful of profanity and being belittled, he ended his sentence with "you're off the festival" and then hung up on us without the slightest opportunity for discussion. You can imagine our shock. It's impossible to entertain the thought that we offended someone so deeply by asking logistical touring questions.

Obviously we were and still are confused over what happened. Had we been in the wrong, we would have promptly apologized. But we are not in the wrong in this matter. Mr. Maddah is clearly in the wrong and we won't beg forgiveness for something we didn't do.... See More

Judging by the behavior so far, I'm certain we'll be painted as some ungrateful punks. The truth is we were very honored to have been included in the festival. We were blown away when we found out we'd be playing Main Stage. We are well aware that AJ was doing a favor to our manager but nobody asked him to put us on the main stage and nobody asked him to offer us as much as he did which he's now complaining about. He's the one that offered us the money. We expected much less and were again very grateful when we got the offer. We demanded nothing through this process and have been thankful each step of the way. He's the one that offered us these great opportunities and then took them all away. Anyone that knows us will tell you that we aren't the type of band this man has suggested we are.

All we ever wanted from day one is to play our music for people. It's truly a shame that our fate on this tour has been decided by the whims of one man's lofty imagination. We aren't about to let this dictate our future though. We will be making plans immediately to play a handful of FREE shows for those that went to Soundwave hoping to see us play. While it isn't our choice not to play, it isn't yours either. We will do everything we can to make this right for those that wanted to see us play. We'll also be making plans to do a full headline tour before leaving for Warped Tour this year.

We're grateful to have so many supportive friends and fans that know how absolutely childish and absurd this is. It's sad that this type of behavior exists and is tolerated in an industry designed to promote positivity, creativity and artistic expression through music. Let's not allow one person's negativity keep us from remembering that music is meant to be a catalyst for good; to uplift and encourage. If there's ever a time to remember that, it's now.
ca
Reserves

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Gozu » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:42 am

Mike Patton from Faith No More supposedly flopped it out and grabbed their in-house camera man's camera to show everyone up on the big screen at Brisbane Soundwave last night. At least they played This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 663 times

Postby pels » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:18 pm

For those that went who was the highlight.

For me Trivium were awesome, Gallows were good as well
pels
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 7 times

Postby MatteeG » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:35 pm

For me- Anthrax and FNM highlights.

Reel big fish entertaining as always. Trivium sounded pretty good, Meshuggah were powerful and relentless- stoked they played 'Bleed'. Nicked off for 10 or so minutes to see a couple of ADTR songs too- they had their crowd jumping.

Alexisonfire were also very good.

Great day- I liked the setup more than previous years (much more shade available, stages were a bit further apart.).

Except for the numbnuts who allowed Port road the converge into 1 lane! Seriously, our traffic organisation around events in this city is useless.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Postby The Real Number 3 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:32 pm

Taking Back Sunday and AFI were alright. HIM were the band that i wanted to see most but they let me down a little bit. Only played a few classics along with alot of slower songs from their new album, plus was abit hard to hear as FNM were bloody loud!!

Janes Addiction frontman Perry talked and talked and talked. Alot of the crowd werent happy with his ramblings, they just wanted music!!

$10 for a bourbon or vodka was abit steep but the fact that i didnt have to carry around $50 worth of coins was nice!

I hoped we wouldve got a light shower to settle down all the dust.

To the shiela that was on my shoulders during Placebo's set, thanks for the mammories haha :D

To those who went, surely you woulda seen Paralowie guernseys running around. Bout 7-10 of us all up went i think.
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Motorboat » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:52 pm

Anti Flag were my highlight, so good live! The drummer played the last song in the crowd! :shock: i have never seen anything like it :)
Motorboat
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Reel Big Fish were awesome! Glad paramore were on at the same time so the crowd was focused.
Taking back sunday were slightly disappointing, i'd seen them before & they were awesome. At least they played there old stuff!
Anti Flag were also good, altho i do get sick of political rambling!
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby MatteeG » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:16 pm

The Real Number 3 wrote:
To those who went, surely you woulda seen Paralowie guernseys running around. Bout 7-10 of us all up went i think.

Yeah Number 3 I saw a few of you lads. Big Day? ;)
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Postby Wizard of Oz » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:30 am

Clutch, Meshuggah and Trivium were my highlights ! Although Trivium's new drummer made quite a few errors...
Wizard of Oz
League - Best 21

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby The Real Number 3 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:46 am

MatteeG wrote:
The Real Number 3 wrote:

Yeah Number 3 I saw a few of you lads. Big Day? ;)

Yeah mate, big day indeed. Few of us played in the C Grade trial game sunday as well. Was feeling it yesterday!
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:18 am

Anthrax were terrible. Trivium disappointing. Clutch average. Anvil okay. Gallows were great. Baroness were sensational, but FNM stole the show.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby tazz » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Anvil, FNM, Shinedown, Trivium and the skinny little blonde with an amasing metal voice
TRENCH EFFECT GIGS
tazz
Under 16s

Postby RustyCage » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:17 am

tazz wrote:Anvil, FNM, Shinedown, Trivium and the skinny little blonde with an amasing metal voice

Rolo Tomassi
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 934 times

Postby tazz » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:06 pm

worst of the day was This Is Hell. Music was fine but the singer should give up
TRENCH EFFECT GIGS
tazz
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Music