Hits and misses

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Hits and misses

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:57 am

Although it's early days what have been your master strokes or your why the f*** did I do that moves so far?

Scabbing in on Ziebell for $258K has been gold with $221K price rise, Gulden was a great pick up but most have would have him too.

Having Flynn up until the 11th hour and then swapping him for Meek after listening to commentators flog themselves off talking about him, I burnt an immediate trade one week later getting Flynn back in.

I should've held off on Rowell and should've left Fyfe alone, I never learn with him.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Re: Hits and misses

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:15 pm

HITS
Ziebell- brought him in last second instead of getting Stephenson who was $100k more expensive.
Impey- was 200k now averaging 90 odd and up to 405k
Steele & Merrett- yes they are know talent but both have rather smallish ownership numbers for premiums.
Sydney trio- Gulden, Warner, Campbell all more than serviceable in their roles.
Powell- rookie averaging 70 with great job security and only getting better.

MISSES
Neale- yep my luck to miss out with the reigning Brownlow medalist, have stuck with him, hopefully repaid by end of season.
Dow & Clarke- both cost more $200k and are spudding it up as I should have predicted.
Rowell- had him to start with and like everyone else had to get rid.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:16 pm

Hit - Got all the decent rooks so cash generation ok even though my points are down a little and I've burned too many trades trying to fix my ruck disaster.

Miss - Going Flundy in the ruck and not getting Gawn. Hoped he would drop in price a little. Got three of the big four and missed Gawn instead of Neale which would have been ideal. When you don't start with Grawndy a lot needs to go right and Dow, Young, Howe, Hickey, Hunter, Meek, Zilliams and Highmore didn't go right. Nailed my rooks but scrambling to get Gawn in or my season is done. Not a mistake I'll ever be making again.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:17 pm

whufc wrote:HITS
Ziebell- brought him in last second instead of getting Stephenson who was $100k more expensive.
Impey- was 200k now averaging 90 odd and up to 405k
Steele & Merrett- yes they are know talent but both have rather smallish ownership numbers for premiums.
Sydney trio- Gulden, Warner, Campbell all more than serviceable in their roles.
Powell- rookie averaging 70 with great job security and only getting better.

MISSES
Neale- yep my luck to miss out with the reigning Brownlow medalist, have stuck with him, hopefully repaid by end of season.
Dow & Clarke- both cost more $200k and are spudding it up as I should have predicted.
Rowell- had him to start with and like everyone else had to get rid.

I missed the Warner train, managed to get Powell though.

I offloaded Neale for Tex, scored more points came in $260K cheaper, one went up in price, one went down, definite short term win, FWIW, I think Tex has ran his race now and with a 95 BE he could Tex up any time, he may even be rested this week.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:24 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Hit - Got all the decent rooks so cash generation ok even though my points are down a little and I've burned too many trades trying to fix my ruck disaster.

Miss - Going Flundy in the ruck and not getting Gawn. Hoped he would drop in price a little. Got three of the big four and missed Gawn instead of Neale which would have been ideal. When you don't start with Grawndy a lot needs to go right and Dow, Young, Howe, Hickey, Hunter, Meek, Zilliams and Highmore didn't go right. Nailed my rooks but scrambling to get Gawn in or my season is done. Not a mistake I'll ever be making again.

regards,

REB

Yep, I slot Gawn in first after I auto-fill and then build a team around him. I try convincing myself that the better rucks are too expensive but when they're getting 130+s every week and rarely miss games it's no brainer.

There's always a ROB or someone come through relatively cheap, if you can nab them to sit on your bench you're laughing. I had Stef Martin for a few years when he was racking up the disposals too.

Highmore is a frustrating one, he looked alright and with the Saints failing to march you'd think they'd make changes and slot him back in. I grabbed the wrong Hawthorn rookies and Alex Waterboy from Essendon has been nothing short of poop, him Lazza are competing for my Downlow, they are going that shit I can't afford to delist them.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:47 pm

Hits - All been mentioned already

Misses - Some to form, some to injury, some to both

Caleb Daniel
Jeremy Howe
Jye Caldwell
Jordan Ridley
Paddy Cripps
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:25 pm

Hits Clark

Misses

Didnt start with
Dunkley
Impey

Bought in Jack Graham after his 120, got rid of him after his 45 and 50 odd

Started with
Daniel
J.Berry

I did make a list of every single player that had an injury interupted preseason, especially any leg injuries and have not selected anyone on that list.
The only one on that list who has performed above axpectation is Ridley, i would say none of the others have reached previous season averages.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy