Dual Marquees - 1 Australian + 1 International

Home of the A-League, the Soceroos, Local leagues, etc

Dual Marquees - 1 Australian + 1 International

Postby Il Duce » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:32 pm

442 wrote:Dual Marquees Confirmed - FFA

THE FFA has confirmed a radical overhaul of the A-League marquee system by allowing clubs to have both an Australian and International marquee star from next season.
And they hope the change will bring home more Socceroos and other high-profile Australian players to play in the Hyundai A-League.

Clubs will be able to use an Australian Marquee Player option for the upcoming Hyundai A-League 2010/11 season to compliment the current Marquee Player system.

Clubs will now have the ability to sign a top Australian player in addition to the current Marquee Player system enabling them to carry two top class players outside the salary cap.

FFA will arbitrate transfers based on a Marquee Standard that assesses criteria including a player's number of national team appearances, international/national profile, and other factors considered by FFA to be relevant including individual club's financial circumstances.

"There is a wealth of Australian talent overseas with over 140 players currently playing in 15 of the top leagues in world football," said FFA CEO Ben Buckley.

"Australian players are competing at a high level in Europe, Asia and America and what we have created is a viable option for these players to return to the Hyundai A-League and compete in what is becoming a very strong and competitive league.

"This initiative will boost the depth of the playing squads and create tremendous excitement around our competition.

"Our continuing success in the AFC Champions League has the spotlight directly on the Hyundai A-League and the inclusion of an ‘Australian Marquee' allows clubs to bring home our top stars to continue to compete at a high level in Australia and Asia."

Hyundai A-League clubs will also have the opportunity to sign a ‘Guest Player' who falls outside the 23-man Hyundai A-League roster allowance for up to a maximum of 10 matches which can now include the Hyundai A-League Finals Series.

Guest players must have played in the previous four games before the finals however.

To promote an improved Hyundai A-League as well as developing Australian talent the five foreign player rule will remain intact.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/126960,d ... --ffa.aspx
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Re: Dual Marquees - 1 Australian + 1 International

Postby Il Duce » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:38 pm

******* Bullshit.

This rule is simply being put in place so Sydney can sign Robbie Fowler and Nicky Carle. This is the most biased piece of crap rule i've ever seen.

While you're changing the rules FFA, why not make it offial that you cannot Red Card Kevin Muscat.

This is rubbish.

5 of the 10 clubs last year didnt have a senior marquee. 6 out of the ten clubs didnt use the Junior Marquee option.

WHAT IS THE ******* POINT OF BRINGING IN ANOTHER MARQUEE RULE EXCEPT TO BRING ROBBIE FOWLER TO SYDNEY TO PLAY ALONGSIDE NICKY CARLE?

I'm not angry, IM OUTRAGED!
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:26 pm

Great rule imho,

at least now a few more gun Aussie players ala Nathan Burns/Bruce Djite maybe able to forge out successful careers playing A-League because of the chance of being a marquee player.

This rule should have been introduced from the start the A-League needs as many good footballers plying there trade in this league as possible to keep the interest up.

Sure Adelaide United will be upset and think this all in FFA great scheme to bring Adelaide down BUT its not the A-Leagues fault the Adelaide United admin is 5hite and can't find owners who want to put into the club.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5595 times
Been liked: 2533 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Il Duce » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:03 pm

Got nothing to do with Adelaide united the rule as a whole suck, just cause they want robbie fowler to play with an aussie marquee carle/sterjovski, they made this rule and I dont see how a Melbourne fan likes it, when the rule was made really to either benifit sydney or perth and not the whole league, i may be shown to be wrong but I just can see that happening.
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:14 pm

Il Duce wrote:Got nothing to do with Adelaide united the rule as a whole suck, just cause they want robbie fowler to play with an aussie marquee carle/sterjovski, they made this rule and I dont see how a Melbourne fan likes it, when the rule was made really to either benifit sydney or perth and not the whole league, i may be shown to be wrong but I just can see that happening.

Another case of the small town thinking everyone is out to get them, the rule doesn't suit Melbourne but the bigger picture is it will benefit the A-League as a competiton.

Im sure you will not be complaining if United land Bresciano as reported as a possibilty in the Advertiser today.

If clubs such as Sydney/Perth/Melbourne have built financial stability to be able to afford to marquees why should they be punished because the likes of United are basketcases and can't get there off field act together.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5595 times
Been liked: 2533 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Il Duce » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:27 pm

If thats the case why bother with a salary cap then, make it open house and let everyone go for it. Seeing that the a-league and half of the clubs are struggling with cash dont think its the best move to make at this time.
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  Australian Soccer