FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4432 times
Been liked: 2976 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: The Red Army

Postby redden whites » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:13 am

Watch out, now there is a group complete with drum at the Southern End..........great :vom:
redden whites
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Il Duce » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:17 am

yep and topgun jimmy went with them, enjoy people.
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby redden whites » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:45 pm

who?
redden whites
League - Best 21

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Dogwatcher » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:38 pm

Enjoyed standing with the Red Army last night.
But seriously...there was a guy in an away shirt, a chick with Vidosic on the back and another bloke - if they saw five minutes of the game, I'll be blowed. Seriously, they spent more time talking and wishing they were rooting each other than actually watching.
Blah, blah, blah. Sorry, terrible whinge, I know.

Who was the older fella taking pics last night? Had a beard. Wasn't you was it, Il Duce?

Also, what is the rivarly between the North/South end? Get over it lads - you all add to the atmosphere. The southern end has seemed dead the last few times I've been - great to see some action there.

Now I'm back in the city, can't wait to get to a few more games. Always enjoy a beer at the L o P beforehand.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby whufc » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:41 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Enjoyed standing with the Red Army last night.
But seriously...there was a guy in an away shirt, a chick with Vidosic on the back and another bloke - if they saw five minutes of the game, I'll be blowed. Seriously, they spent more time talking and wishing they were rooting each other than actually watching.

Who was the older fella taking pics last night? Had a beard. Wasn't you was it, Il Duce?

Also, what is the rivarly between the North/South end? Get over it lads - you all add to the atmosphere. The southern end has seemed dead the last few times I've been - great to see some action there.

Now I'm back in the city, can't wait to get to a few more games. Always enjoy a beer at the L o P beforehand.

I think the rivalrvy amongst the supporter groups is to do with the Red Army and any other 'group' that pops up such as the MSE etc etc etc.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Il Duce » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:21 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Enjoyed standing with the Red Army last night.

Who was the older fella taking pics last night? Had a beard. Wasn't you was it, [b]Il Duce?[/b]

No, thats ken that was taking the photo's, i was in the stair well half the night, heavy set italian fellow in his mid 20's was me. rivaly between the groups has lessen now they have gone down south and we did get north end/south end and adelaide/united chants between the two groups at each other which worked quite well.
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Postby Il Duce » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:23 am

redden whites wrote:who?

Jimmy is the man who wears the head bands and blows his whistle most of the game, does my head in
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Postby MatteeG » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:59 pm

Anyone heading to the United/Victory game in Melb next week?
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Il Duce » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:06 pm

yeah I am
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Postby MatteeG » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:32 am

Il Duce wrote:yeah I am

I will be amongst it in my resplendid Crewe Alexandra top!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby bara-stick » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:41 pm

what is all this red army.red terrace.mse stuff? different groups or what? please explain.
1. Moses 2. Smasha 3. powerport 4. Carey 5. open for nominations
bara-stick
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:18 pm

bara-stick wrote:what is all this red army.red terrace.mse stuff? different groups or what? please explain.

Isnt it a bit of cool kids and geek stuff, the terrace/mse/every other name are like the cool kids who are unofficial, slightly more rebillious, dont wear the colours as much, rip flares, anarchy etc etc while the Red Army is the geek, the official club supporter group, with memberships, heirarchy, structured, financial, rules and conditions, teachers pet etc etc.

Both group dont like each and there has been at least one punch up between fueding members.
whufc
Coach

Postby Il Duce » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:17 pm

whufc wrote:
bara-stick wrote:what is all this red army.red terrace.mse stuff? different groups or what? please explain.

Isnt it a bit of cool kids and geek stuff, the terrace/mse/every other name are like the cool kids who are unofficial, slightly more rebillious, dont wear the colours as much, rip flares, anarchy etc etc while the Red Army is the geek, the official club supporter group, with memberships, heirarchy, structured, financial, rules and conditions, teachers pet etc etc.

Both group dont like each and there has been at least one punch up between fueding members.

Well you could sort of put it that way. Mse arent arround anymore but red terrace has taken that spot. They a people who have split from the red army cause of the way the Red Army is run, the way it does things. Red Terrace and A13 (a group within the group) believe in a more continetal european way of support and base themselfs off some of the german support clubs like st.pauli, where as the red army is a more english style of support. there is alot more to it but thats the basics.
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:37 am

Il Duce wrote:
whufc wrote:

Well you could sort of put it that way. Mse arent arround anymore but red terrace has taken that spot. They a people who have split from the red army cause of the way the Red Army is run, the way it does things. Red Terrace and A13 (a group within the group) believe in a more continetal european way of support and base themselfs off some of the german support clubs like st.pauli, where as the red army is a more english style of support. there is alot more to it but thats the basics.

I know your not and have met many that arent but i find alot of the Red Army are some of our 'Special' SANFL football fans that i see each winter.
whufc
Coach

Postby mickey » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:38 pm

Eagles cheer squad members???
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 308 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Jim05 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:07 pm

mickey wrote:Eagles cheer squad members???

SNAP!!!!
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3533 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:33 pm

Jim05 wrote:
mickey wrote:Eagles cheer squad members???

SNAP!!!!

Yep through in a couple of West Adelaide, Sturt, Port and Central cheersquaders and you get what i mean!
whufc
Coach

Postby Il Duce » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:07 am

whufc wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
whufc wrote:

I know your not and have met many that arent but i find alot of the Red Army are some of our 'Special' SANFL football fans that i see each winter.

I know what you mean just like in the cheer squads, you have pretty normal, level headed people run the group and in the group but you always get the hang on'ers everyone can do without.

ps have i meet you before and just dont know it??
Il Duce
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  Australian Soccer