2011/2012 Grand Final

Home of the A-League, the Soceroos, Local leagues, etc

Re: 2011/2012 Grand Final

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Real interesting comments from of all places the host of AFL's 360 show on foxtel.

Not word for word but fairly close, he said that incidents like this will help the sport in Australia not hinder it. This is Australian soccers Wayne Hams moment. You cant choose your history but history creates your rivalries. We now have to sets of supporters from opposite sides of the country who will never ever see to eye on an incident. This is how real not manufacutred rivalries are created. To the letter of the law IT WAS a penalty. Was it the right decision though......people will argue this until the end of time which can only be a good thing.

I tend to agree with him especially on his point of "Manufactured" rivalries which the A-League is based on.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby mickey » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:42 pm

This has started a real hatred of Brisbane Roar, their players and their fans.

The team and their players for obvious reasons, but their fans lost the respect of the 2000 odd traveling fans after they pelted us with cans, bottles and other things when the final whistle went.

I know I'm pretty passionate when it comes to sport, but never to the point of getting violent.. but I swear if I had of seen Berisha walking down the street after the game I would have belted the ****.
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 308 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:50 pm

mickey wrote:This has started a real hatred of Brisbane Roar, their players and their fans.

The team and their players for obvious reasons, but their fans lost the respect of the 2000 odd traveling fans after they pelted us with cans, bottles and other things when the final whistle went.

I know I'm pretty passionate when it comes to sport, but never to the point of getting violent.. but I swear if I had of seen Berisha walking down the street after the game I would have belted the ****.

and thats how rivalries begin, i love it, THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby RustyCage » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:20 pm

mickey wrote: if I had of seen Berisha walking down the street after the game I would have belted the ****.

Deserves it for his hairstyle alone!
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  Australian Soccer