Melbourne Victory 2012/13

Home of the A-League, the Soceroos, Local leagues, etc

Melbourne Victory 2012/13

Postby dee man » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:21 pm

Melbourne Victory is delighted to announce that 2010/11 Johnny Warren Medallist, Marcos Flores, has signed a two-year deal as the club’s International Marquee player.

Having set the A-League alight during his one and only season at Adelaide United, the Argentinean playmaker was quickly snapped up by big spending Chinese club Henan Jianye where he spent last campaign, before being released in June.

Melbourne Victory Coach, Ange Postecoglou, admitted he has long been an admirer of the 26 year-old, ”Marcos is the type of player you don’t really want to come up against as an opposition coach, so having him on board with us now will be really exciting - not only for the club, but for our fans also.”

“He’s a quality player and I’m confident he’ll show us the type of form that saw him win the Johnny Warren Medal a couple of seasons ago.

“I’ve said on numerous occasions that the overseas players who come out here need to get a season behind them before they really settle in, so for Marcos to be the outstanding player in the competition in that first year was a real credit to him,” Postecoglou added.

Flores, who very quickly became a fan favourite in Adelaide, is looking forward to the next challenge in his career, “I’m very happy to be joining Melbourne Victory, as they are one of the most successful teams in the A-League,” he said.

“There is a new coach who has won two championships and wants to play great football – he is bringing in some new players and new ideas and this is exciting for me. Victory have many great players and I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone better.

“It’s also great that the stadiums and the training facilities are some of the best in the country.

“Although I have been away from Australia for a year, I still followed the A-League very closely and have many friends here,” Flores added.

“I would like to thank the club for the faith they have shown by signing me, and for their professionalism throughout the process.

“Now I’m looking forward to making Melbourne my new home and to being part of a successful club.” Flores said.

Flores is expected to link up with his new teammates within the next fortnight.
we stand as one
we fight as one
we win and lose as one
we are one
dee man
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Re: melbourne victory

Postby dee man » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Melbourne Victory can today confirm that versatile Qantas Socceroo, Mark Milligan, will reunite with the club after putting pen to paper on a three-year deal, following a successful loan spell at the back-end of last season.

Milligan returns to the Hyundai A-League after initially representing Sydney FC (2005-08) and Newcastle Jets (2008/09), before the 26 year-old headed to Chinese club, Shanghai Shenhua, followed by JEF United, where he spent over two seasons in Japan’s J-League 2, during which time he was loaned-out to Melbourne Victory in the last Japanese off-season.

With his squad for the upcoming season now complete, Melbourne Victory Coach, Ange Postecoglou, said, “Mark is an uncompromising player who provides great versatility to the playing group, as he is equally comfortable in defence as he is in central midfield.”

“He left a real impression on the group during his time at the club last season and from that perspective we’re delighted to have him back in a Victory shirt.” Postecoglou added.

Milligan, who returns to the club for a second spell, is looking forward to continuing life in the Victorian capital, “Last season, while the club didn’t quite have the success they had hoped for, I really enjoyed my time in Melbourne and I’m excited to be coming back.

“Ange (Postecoglou) has made a few really good signings, so I think there’s a lot to look forward to next season and hopefully, as a group, we can bring plenty of success back to Melbourne Victory,” he said.

Milligan will begin training with the squad tomorrow.
we stand as one
we fight as one
we win and lose as one
we are one
dee man
League Bench Warmer

Re: melbourne victory

Postby dee man » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Melbourne Victory is delighted to announce that is has signed promising Australian youngster, Theo Markelis, on a two-year deal.

Having moved to Spain at the age of just 15 to join La Liga giants Valencia, the now 20 year-old striker spent last season in Italy with Vicenza, before deciding upon a move home to Melbourne after his contract with the 1997 Italian Cup winners expired.

Melbourne Victory Coach, Ange Postecoglou, sees plenty of upside in the Young Socceroo, “Theo is a player who I believe we can really develop over the next two years.”

“To have been signed by a club such as Valencia when he was just 15 years old is a fair indication of his potential.

“His record in the youth ranks over there (Europe) was exceptional and he averaged 15 goals a season during his 3 years at Valencia,” Postecoglou added.

Markelis, who grew up playing at Green Gully, is looking forward to the challenge of making himself a first team regular at Melbourne Victory, “I’ve been away for quite a few years now, so it’s really good to be home and to have signed for the biggest club in Australia is very exciting.

“I learnt so much playing in Spain and Italy, but it’s very competitive over there and at 20 I need to be playing regular first team football if I’m going to continue to progress.

“I still feel that my best football is ahead of me, so hopefully I can have an impact at Melbourne Victory and help the club achieve more success,” he added.

Markelis joins Guilherme Finker, Jonathan Bru, Spase Dilevski, Sam Gallagher and Adama Traore as Melbourne Victory’s newest signings.
we stand as one
we fight as one
we win and lose as one
we are one
dee man
League Bench Warmer

Re: Melbourne Victory 2012/13

Postby dee man » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:58 pm

great game played in front of another huge crowd
i love their game style and even tho they give the opposition a chance to score at any time ,you cant say that they are not exciting to watch
we stand as one
we fight as one
we win and lose as one
we are one
dee man
League Bench Warmer

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  Australian Soccer