Gombau - How does he keep his job

Home of the A-League, the Soceroos, Local leagues, etc

Re: Gombau - How does he keep his job

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:47 am

Jim05 wrote:Ange's record speaks for itself at A-League level for sure but has never done anything overseas where it matters. Ive always be of the view that the Socceroo coach should not be Australian and should have experience in top leagues overseas. I will always maintain he was the wrong man and just the cheap option when others could of been pursued, guess we will find out but a poor Asian Cup and I dont think he will be there by the WC qualies. Just my opinion but Ange should have gone overseas for atleast 2-3 years and then come back to the National side. We expect our players to head overseas to further their careers and skills yet the coach doesnt have to, just doesnt make sense IMO

Agree the Asian cup will decide Anges fate

Personally I think he was the right appointment based on where the national team was at the time

As I said before I believed on this appointment we needed a manager who was passionate about Australian football and its future, we needed a manager who was willing to put his job on the line by risking present results to improve australian football in the future. Imho history has proven the overseas managers are not willing to do this examples being our last two Netherlands managers

In the perfect world I hope Ange has a bit of success at the Asian cup the young lads that he has been patient with establish themselves as international players and then in about 1.5-2 years an overseas manager come ins and takes these players to the next level.

We were always going to have to start playing young A-league talent when the golden generation finished and no one knew these young lads like Ang
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: Gombau - How does he keep his job

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:46 pm

NO-MERCY wrote:
Jim05 wrote:How is the messiah travelling now!!!
The transformation in this side under Pep has been amazing.

Yes it has, its amazing how quick people are to lay the boots into a new coach thats introducing a new game plan which takes a bit of time to muster.
One bloke that loves having a dig is Kosmina, i wish he'd just STFU.
GO YOU REDS!!!

I'll put my hand up. I thought our High line play last year was suicidal at times. It kind if reminded me of some if the criticism levelled at your mate Matty Knights. ;)

I can admit As an occasional Soccer fan that I am no expert and can admit when I'm wrong. Luckily, nEither Kosi or myself are coaching the Reds this season.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1687 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  Australian Soccer