Players Released Season 2010/11

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Players Released Season 2010/11

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:13 pm

Just looking at the list so far there are a few big names (for a released list anyway) and a few that might raise an eyebrow.

From Chelsea thaer is joe Cole and Michael Ballack. Maybe an indication that the blues are no longer prepared to pay anyone anything. Cole's wage demands no doubt would have influenced Chelsea's decision to let him go (not negotiate further to keep him). Fabio aurelio from Liverpool is another that stands out.

Then there are those who once showed potential but never really realised it. Marlon Harewood from Villa, Martin Petrov from City, Admy Faye from Stoke and Jonathan Greening from WBA (wasn't he on loan at Fulham last year on a year long deal) for instance.

Finally there are those who have been decent players for their clubs, good solid players that were never "stars", and time has just caught up with them. Andy Marshall (Villa), Lee Carsley, Gary McSheffery (Birimingham), Steven Reid (b4st4rds) stand out for me
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Re: Players Released Season 2010/11

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:17 pm

Thanks to the sporting life

CARSLEY LEAVES BIRMINGHAM
Veteran midfielder Lee Carsley has confirmed he has left Birmingham.
Carsley joined Blues from Everton two years ago, but has decided to move on.

He was a regular when Birmingham won promotion from the Championship, but struggled to make an impact in the Premier League last season.

The 36-year-old said in a statement: "I would like to announce that I will be leaving Birmingham City Football Club at the end of this season. I came to the club to help them back into the Premiership and then to stay there. I have had two fantastic years at the Blues and I would like to thank the management and the fans for all their support.

"I will now look to help another club achieve success and I relish another challenge."

Wouldn't do Burnley any harm speaking to Carsley. No longer an EPL player but his influence and passion would be huge benefits to a team like the clarets imo
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer