CARLING CUP -

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: CARLING CUP -

Postby devilsadvocate » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:26 am

Bulldog wrote:doubt that would happen, maybe closed doors on another home match for man yoo if it gets that far.

Ban their fans from the final. Sell all the tickets to Villa Fans.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Bully » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:42 am

devilsadvocate wrote:
Bulldog wrote:doubt that would happen, maybe closed doors on another home match for man yoo if it gets that far.

Ban their fans from the final. Sell all the tickets to Villa Fans.

wishful . doubt that would happen but it could so i dont know.

Think Villa might win it tho.
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:35 pm

RoosterMarty wrote:It was 0-0 at half time but Scholes scored, then Carrick just slotted one to put United 2-0 up.

Finish it lads!

Carrick was offside when he pushed the ball out to Scholes.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:41 pm

smithy wrote:
devilsadvocate wrote:It's not that not all Man U fans are from Manchester, it's that BUGGER ALL Man U fans are from Manchester.

There would be far less traffic on the M1, M40 and M6 on Saturdays if Utd just played at Wembley.

Maybe cause the team isn't even in Manchester is it ?

Whaaaaaaaaat!!!!!! Old Trafford isn't in Manchester????? Has it moved this week or something. Old Trafford is more in Manchester than Eastlands is mate.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:43 pm

devilsadvocate wrote:I started supporting Spurs in '94-'95 after being mesmerised by Jurgen Klinsmann and Teddy sheringham.

Spurs finished mid-table. Hardly a bunch or world beaters to jump on board with.

My choice (as a 12 year old remember) was purely about style and attacking flair rather than 'because they win'. Just think - if I'd jumped on the bandwagon at the time, I'd be a Blackburn fan.

That's a joke..................right? :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:50 pm

devilsadvocate wrote:WOW, I swear it was a cigarette lighter I saw hit him.
That's shocking behaviour.
The FA should make a stand and chuck them out of the cup.

Nope, he was hit by a coin. He actually caught the lighter that was thrown at him. but there was a whole rake of other stuff, more coins, bottles etc.

Mention to VDS who ran over to help stop what was happening and stood between Bellamy and the crowd. One of the city players gave the coin to the ref.

Truth is, this kind of thing is going on at a lot of games and no action is taken. Only when a player is hit, is there anything done.

Disgraceful
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:55 pm

did anyone notice Rio give Tevez a smack in the face with his arm. It happened at OT so the ref didn't take any action.
the ref didn't take any action when Rio smacked the Hull City player last week either. Still the FA have caught up with Ferdinand after the incident was caught on TV. Ferdo got banned for 3 games and then got an extra game for a "frivolous" appeal, and quite right too.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby RoosterMarty » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:08 am

Rio hardly touched Tevez but he went down like he was shot which was pretty poor. Stupid behaviour by Rio though and he has copped a ban now for a different incident anyway, so much for United players going unpunished.

Some funny comments in here JTC... good to see you keeping the other lads in check.

If people think Old Trafford is the only place which has people chucking stuff on the pitch you are clueless.

I like how it is ok for Liverpool to have fans from outside Liverpool and Tottenham to have fans outside London but as soon as United have fans from outside Manchester people feel the need to have a whinge about it.
RoosterMarty
Coach

Has liked: 10 times

Postby whufc » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:35 am

RoosterMarty wrote:Rio hardly touched Tevez but he went down like he was shot which was pretty poor. Stupid behaviour by Rio though and he has copped a ban now for a different incident anyway, so much for United players going unpunished.

Some funny comments in here JTC... good to see you keeping the other lads in check.

If people think Old Trafford is the only place which has people chucking stuff on the pitch you are clueless.

I like how it is ok for Liverpool to have fans from outside Liverpool and Tottenham to have fans outside London but as soon as United have fans from outside Manchester people feel the need to have a whinge about it.

For me its not them having fans from outside Manchester the part that annoys me is the, my grandfathers, aunties cousins, brother in laws nephew is from Manchester thats why i go for United, none of these people from manchester funnily enough go for Man City. The same can be said for Liverpool supporters but none of them seem to go for Everton or Tranmere.

I really hate bandwagoners and all my sporting ties are due to either georgraphical or family ties, but once again sport would never surive without the almighty bandwagon supporter, :evil: Every team has them including the teams i support but some have alot more than others.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5626 times
Been liked: 2546 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:39 pm

Geez fella's, can we move on.

Here are the facts:
1) All sides have plastic fans. Just look at the clarets attendances this year. All sell outs yet last year the avg attendance was barely 11,000
2) Fans like to be associated with success, so successful sides attract "bandwagonners"
3) Top sides, Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs have more "plastic fans" because they are the most successful.
4) Someone who lives in Australia and has never been to an EPL has the same right to support a team just as someone living in England who goes to every game.
5) With so much TV coverage today, especially in Oz, an armchair fan can watch vitually ev ery game his team plays.
6) Does it really bloody matter who supports who and why. Just enjoy the ride
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:00 pm

johntheclaret wrote:2) Fans like to be associated with success, so successful sides attract "bandwagonners"

AKA RM :lol: :lol:

johntheclaret wrote:3) Top sides, Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs have more "plastic fans" because they are the most successful.

Eh? Spurs successful? I'm not sure I've been getting the same coverage as you mate!
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby RoosterMarty » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:49 am

Haha DA you are a plastic fan.
RoosterMarty
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:22 pm

all codes have bandwagon and or plastic fans. i.e remember a few certain games of SANFL footy where as Norwood vs port when either side was doing well you would get sell outs at grounds but when not so good would struggle to get 5000 to a match
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:23 pm

anyway back on the topic. which side in the final will be wearing their home strip?
Bully
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:51 am

Bulldog wrote:anyway back on the topic. which side in the final will be wearing their home strip?

If thier is a clash, then they toss for it Bully
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bully » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:50 am

oh i guess im thinking AFL type finals where as a certain team played home games and its their choice for home strip etc didnt know they just tossed a coin for the decision on it
Bully
Coach

Postby RoosterMarty » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Rooney scores ANOTHER headed goal.

United win 2-1, yay. First time we have successfully defended a Cup (Leagues not included obviously).
RoosterMarty
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:15 pm

RoosterMarty wrote:Rooney scores ANOTHER headed goal.

United win 2-1, yay. First time we have successfully defended a Cup (Leagues not included obviously).

Man U can finally be recognised along with the big clubs like Spurs. ;)
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby Bully » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:16 pm

didnt see much of it was wide awake after sunday morning episode with ramseys injury until about 10pm last night, tried to watch but was falling in and out of sleep during the match. Did villa score first?? from memory?
Bully
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:50 pm

Bulldog wrote:didnt see much of it was wide awake after sunday morning episode with ramseys injury until about 10pm last night, tried to watch but was falling in and out of sleep during the match. Did villa score first?? from memory?

Yep - a pen 5 mins in.

Then Owen scored on 10 mins.

Rooney finished the Villa off in the 76th minute.
devilsadvocate
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer