Liverpool Season 2009/10

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: Liverpool Season 2009/10

Postby devilsadvocate » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:35 am

smithy wrote:Big call I know but I can see so much of Hansen in Agger.
Agger played left back today and hopefully Insua was watching cause that's how it should be played.
0-0 at full time, champs league probably not happening next season.
85% ofthe ball and couldn't put the ball into the net, well done Fulham.
Maybe the 2 teams can meet in the UEFA Cup.

Proper Europe now off for the Reds IMO. It's Citeh's to lose after their battering of Brum
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:15 am

johntheclaret wrote:Pool fans can take heart in Sundays press that new owners are likely to be in place before the end of the season
Liverpool's bankers gave gillette / hicks until this week end to reduce the debt by 100m
That hasn't happened and the bank have given them 1 month

Assuming g or h won't have a spare 100m in the sock drawer it is increasingly likely they will sell thier stake to a New York based businessman who can afford to pay off the whole debt

Happier times ahead for smithy connie an all maybe

Well it's official

Liverpool are put on the Market by gillette and hicks today
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby JK » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:05 am

Woohoo ... Hopefully now that Parry's gone they will find the best buyers available.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4468 times
Been liked: 3009 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby smithy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:51 pm

Indeed it is good news.
From what I've read, the sale to the americans is a big source of regret for David Moores.
He only sold to them because the yanks were offering a better share price, which helped him and the punters on the street who had shares.
It only took a short history lesson on how those 2 worked to realise that they were always going to borrow against the club and create huge debt.
Hopefully we can get decent owners in now and get this stadium built.
smithy

Postby Bully » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:12 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:Woohoo ... Hopefully now that Parry's gone they will find the best buyers available.

maybe the arabs that own the world an man city will buy your mob out!
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:21 pm

From what I've heard they have appointed someone to oversee the deal. Rafa'e job is safe and right now there are two interested parties
N individual from New York and a consortium from London

Even though they have knocked down the selling price it will still take around £600m to clear the debt, build the new stadium and give Rafa £50m to strengthen the team

Aurelio is likely to be gone in the summer but a change of ownership and a promise of further team investments should be enough to convince Gerrard and Torres to stay
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby JK » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:51 pm

johntheclaret wrote:From what I've heard they have appointed someone to oversee the deal. Rafa'e job is safe and right now there are two interested parties
N individual from New York and a consortium from London

Even though they have knocked down the selling price it will still take around £600m to clear the debt, build the new stadium and give Rafa £50m to strengthen the team

Aurelio is likely to be gone in the summer but a change of ownership and a promise of further team investments should be enough to convince Gerrard and Torres to stay

No hope for DIC to come in Johnny?

I thought to myself today "Be careful what you wish for" when I read the news, but surely we couldn't gain worse owners .. Could we? :-?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:25 pm

I'm sure by the time the deal goes through there will a fe Arabs in the mix

Liverpool have Rafa to thank for Hicks and Gillette putting the club up for sale. The fact that they will miss out on the CL $$$ next season and the pressure they were already under financially has been the final straw

Perversely the lack of CL football next year makes it a more attactive deal for any prospective buyer as Gillette and Hicks have cut around £200m off the orginal asking price.

I'm sure hero of the day Rafa will do the new owners the same favour next year too as he fails to qualify for the CL again
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby JK » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:37 pm

johntheclaret wrote:I'm sure hero of the day Rafa will do the new owners the same favour next year too as he fails to qualify for the CL again

Careful .. I owe you a couple of pints, Im sure you would like them to contain at least some beer
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:32 pm

I know it's a bit premature, but lets be serious here. Do you honsestly believe that Liverpool will qualify next season.
Looking at the top 7 or 8, I would put Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City as the "big three" next year.

Chelsea, because money is no object, and they still have a core of players that will be around for years to come.
Arsenal because they went close this year without the services of RVP for most of the season. Compare his absence to Rooney out of Man U or Drogba out of Chelsea. The key for them will be whether they hold onto Fabregas.
Man City because like Chelsea they have virtually unlimited funds, and, assuming Mancini stays, they are now developing into a squad.

So that leaves 4th place to either Man U, Spurs, Liverpool, Villa and Everton.

We can forget Villa because they just dont seem to go the distance, and Everton just dont seem to start until the season os over. On top of that neither have any real money to spend and have to make do with just one or two signings.

Man U have an ageing squad with the likes of Giggs, Scholes and Neville, and they have a financial burden that might make big time purchases unlikely. I think it is also fair to say that some of Fergies replacements haven't matched up the quality the was already there. Nani has has a few decent games, but I don't rate Anderson and Hargreaves has barely kicked a ball since he joined the club.
\harry has really got Spurs going and his raping of Pompey has paid off. I huge improvement on last year and the Eurpoa experience will do them the world of good.
Then there's Liverpool who must be at least 4 or 5 players short of a full team. Without Gerrard and Torres, they are ******. They lack any depth and have a manager that makes the most puzzling decisions. Whilst they may get a transfer chest of £50m they wont have the buying power that City had this year and you can expect it to take maybe 2 or 3 years before they finally get the last 5 years out of thier system.

Equally, I could be talking pure bollocks and Liverpool win the title ;) ;) ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:43 pm

if torres goes, and gerrard walks out then i think yes liverpool will struggle again. I think man utd will struggle next season. They have done well enough this season but dont think it will be there season next season. They are just short of a few good players to do this. Scholes and giggs wont be around much longer and this will really hurt them

On us. I personally think that if we dont win the EPL this season and it looks like we wont then we wont again next season. Thats my honest opinion. It will be fought out by chelsea and Man city next season
Bully
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:44 pm

Bulldog wrote:if torres goes, and gerrard walks out then i think yes liverpool will struggle again. I think man utd will struggle next season. They have done well enough this season but dont think it will be there season next season. They are just short of a few good players to do this. Scholes and giggs wont be around much longer and this will really hurt them

On us. I personally think that if we dont win the EPL this season and it looks like we wont then we wont again next season. Thats my honest opinion. It will be fought out by chelsea and Man city next season

Torres and Gerrard won't walk mate. The new owners will have to invest in the team though.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:15 pm

hope not for their sakes. but going on recent form and performances you think they might be looking for a move.

i have to try and get all the talk off fabregas walking in the summer somehow mate :D
Bully
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Bulldog wrote:hope not for their sakes. but going on recent form and performances you think they might be looking for a move.

i have to try and get all the talk off fabregas walking in the summer somehow mate :D

lol, Fabregas to follow Toure and Adebayor to Man City ;) Arsenal sign Joey Gudjonsson from Burnley as Fabregas' replacement ;) I also predict DA will answer this post in 3 days time :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:46 pm

Torres out for minimum 6 weeks due to knee problem
Might spell the end of liverpool's season
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:04 pm

johntheclaret wrote:Torres out for minimum 6 weeks due to knee problem
Might spell the end of liverpool's season

Finished 4 months ago didn't it?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby smithy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:05 pm

I think that ended in about January JTC.

He'll be staying at Liverpool though.

Who'd want to buy such an injury prone croc. ;)
smithy

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:45 pm

I was thinking in terms of the Europa
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:35 am

half time

Liverpool 2-0 West Ham
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12310 times
Been liked: 3917 times

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:27 am

Finished 3-0
Goals benayoun, ngog and an own goal com green

Liverpool go up 1 place into 6th
johntheclaret
Coach