Liverpool Season 2009/10

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: Liverpool Season 2009/10

Postby devilsadvocate » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:51 am

johntheclaret wrote:
devilsadvocate wrote:These new 3D TVs are so realistic.

I fell asleep watching a Liverpool game and when I woke my handbag was gone.

Thank **** you are back mate. That is gold and I pissed myself when I read that this morning

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Another one for you JTC:

Liverpool have signed 2 new players - an Italian and a Japanese. Rafa Benitez says they should fit in well with scouse culture. Their names are Robatelli and Nikamota.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby smithy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:10 am

Reports suggest that the Liverpool board have offered RAFA a severance payout of 3 million pounds to leave the club.
This despite him recently signing a 5 year contract worth 16 million.

This, on top of the fact that it's been reported he only has a summer budget of 3 million pounds would suggest that if he ain't going to quit, the owners are going to make it as hard as possible for him to stay.

Can almost guarantee that if he does quit the new manager will be given a pot of gold.

If the reports are true, the vote of no confidence in offering the severance pay could see some interesting times ahead in the next week or so.
smithy

Postby smithy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:29 pm

If RAFA does walk, I reckon the only way the yanks will stop the death threats is by appointing THE KING as manager.

If the KING does get the gig, it may be the only way of keeping Torres and Gerrard at the club too.

Gerrard HEAVILY linked to REAL MADRID, and if the owners don't sort this crap out VERY SOON, he'll be off I reckon.

Mr PERM mentioned earlier that the owners might want to cash in on their best assets to pay the bills.
This could be their way of doing it.

Give the manager NO FUNDS, NO BACKING and none of the profits from players sales.
IF he won't leave, make the position untenable.
Make the club so unstable that the top players want to leave.
What better opportunity to do it now the club isn't in the champs league.
smithy

Postby JK » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:35 pm

Ive read a few reports (about a month back now) about the KING's odds shortening (in unofficial markets) dramatically .. Many media pundits actually think it's a good idea even if only to bring back that old "Boot Room spirit"
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby smithy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Whilst I'd love to see Kenny back, the club need to move on from the bootroom.
It took UTD years to move on from Busby.
LFC still havent shaken off the bootroom.
Whilst it's good to have history and remind new players of it.........sometimes it's best to move on.

I think Kenny would only get appointed, if RAFA moves on, to appease the fans from bombing the owners houses.
smithy

Postby JK » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:06 am

smithy wrote:I think Kenny would only get appointed, if RAFA moves on, to appease the fans from bombing the owners houses.

That would only distract some I reckon .. Kenny would come cheap you would think
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer