johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Re: Arsenal Season 2009/2010

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:04 am

johntheclaret wrote:Arsenal boardroom in a bit of a spin
Like Liverpool, you can expect a change of ownership in the summer

I honestly hope the american gets control. He seems to have the best interest of the club he owns as hes owns successful big sporting clubs in NBA and NHL.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Bully » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:59 am

mighty hounds wrote:

I honestly hope the american gets control. He seems to have the best interest of the club he owns as hes owns successful big sporting clubs in NBA and NHL.

i personally dont want yanks running the show, look at liverpool at man utd......
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:27 pm

Bulldog wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

i personally dont want yanks running the show, look at liverpool at man utd......

yeh but im not sure if those 2 owners have had control of sporting teams in US
Korenke owns the nuggets and the avalahnce are there successful
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Offical post on the arsenal website is as follows

We have the money to overtake chelsea next season -

By Richard Clarke

Arsène Wenger believes Arsenal have the financial muscle to overtake Chelsea next season.

The Frenchman knows that the Stamford Bridge side are always capable of outbidding him for new players. But the Arsenal manager argues there is enough talent around to add to his squad this summer and, crucially, he has the funds to go and buy them.

The two clubs have had contrasting weeks. Chelsea tightened their grip on the Premier League trophy with a 1-0 win over Bolton while Arsenal's challenge faltered after they lost 2-1 at Tottenham.

Attention has now turned to how the Emirates Stadium side can bridge the divide. Speaking at Friday's press conference. Wenger was in bullish mood.

"I think we can overcome [Chelsea]," he said. "For a while we were not investing maybe because we had built the stadium but I think our financial situation is now becoming much stronger and we will be capable to buy the players we need to buy."

"No we cannot [compete] on wages with Chelsea. That is simple. I believe what is not normal is not our wage bill but their wage bill because that should not be allowed.

"However they cannot all go to Chelsea, it is as simple as that. There are top players outside of the ones Chelsea want to buy who are good enough for us."

was on the arsenal website today. so all the doubters over arsenals financess are just rumours as i have been saying
Bully
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:50 pm

I don't recall reading posts about Arsenals finances, other than they don't have the same muscle as Chelsea. Isn't that what Wenger has just confirmed ?
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:08 pm

johntheclaret wrote:I don't recall reading posts about Arsenals finances, other than they don't have the same muscle as Chelsea. Isn't that what Wenger has just confirmed ?

go through about 99% of DAs posts and you will find them all about arsenal and how they are in crippling debt and how if we miss the champions league we will be gone
Bully
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:47 pm

Bulldog wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:I don't recall reading posts about Arsenals finances, other than they don't have the same muscle as Chelsea. Isn't that what Wenger has just confirmed ?

go through about 99% of DAs posts and you will find them all about arsenal and how they are in crippling debt and how if we miss the champions league we will be gone

And you take a Yid serious when he's talking about the gooners :lol: :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bully » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:59 am

johntheclaret wrote:
Bulldog wrote:

And you take a Yid serious when he's talking about the gooners :lol: :lol:

i dont take any yid or spud seriously but i continue to squash the rumours that he spreads.
Bully
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:09 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Bulldog wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

yeh but im not sure if those 2 owners have had control of sporting teams in US
Korenke owns the nuggets and the avalahnce are there successful

Hicks and Gillette both had ownership of US sporting teams mate .. Can't recall which teams and whether they still do, but I think they may have bled them aswell.

Ideally you (as do we) really need to find an owner that has enough financial reserve to buyout the debt, overspend to really set the club up, and basically lose $$ for the first 5-10 years before turning a profit ... Ala whats happened at Chelsea and Man City.

Arsenal is probably more attractive because they already have their new stadium in place, whereas Liverpool still need to sort that out and you can add another half a billion quid to the required investment amount.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby devilsadvocate » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:49 pm

This one's for you Bully and you Mighty Hounds:

devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby devilsadvocate » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:59 pm

devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:15 pm

devilsadvocate wrote:Image

ur two weeks too late DA. no harm done. Anyway you could say it makes up for when Arsenal officially won the title at whit heart lane back in 04
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:08 pm

mighty hounds wrote:

ur two weeks too late DA. no harm done. Anyway you could say it makes up for when Arsenal officially won the title at whit heart lane back in 04

2 weeks late due to enforced holiday.

No harm done though? Your title aspirations disappearing is not harmful? Wow, times are changing down at Arsenil.

Spurs will finally overtake Arse next season and it will be magnificent.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:37 am

devilsadvocate wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

No harm done though? Your title aspirations disappearing is not harmful? Wow, times are changing down at Arsenil.

theres more to my life then soccer...do u think i sat there and cried when spurs won?...pfft i just shrugged my shoulders and said nice goal. just for the record you guys still cant beat a full strength arsenal side. In regards to your overtaking comment, are you kidding me. never happen. now that wenger has money to spend. chamahk on his way for free. u guys will never overtake arsenal
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:45 am

mighty hounds wrote:theres more to my life then soccer...do u think i sat there and cried when spurs won?...pfft i just shrugged my shoulders and said nice goal. just for the record you guys still cant beat a full strength arsenal side. In regards to your overtaking comment, are you kidding me. never happen. now that wenger has money to spend. chamahk on his way for free. u guys will never overtake arsenal

Hahahaha, I love the way Arsenal fans always bring up the understrength card everytime they lose. We could only beat what was put out against us.

Plus, you're discounting the fact that Spurs also had 5 of our first team missing:

Aaron Lennon
Wilson Palacios
Vedran Corluka
Niko Kranjcar
Jonothan Woodgate

But I guess you're used to feeling understrength when Fabregas doesn't play, being a one man team and all.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:30 pm

devilsadvocate wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:theres more to my life then soccer...do u think i sat there and cried when spurs won?...pfft i just shrugged my shoulders and said nice goal. just for the record you guys still cant beat a full strength arsenal side. In regards to your overtaking comment, are you kidding me. never happen. now that wenger has money to spend. chamahk on his way for free. u guys will never overtake arsenal

Hahahaha, I love the way Arsenal fans always bring up the understrength card everytime they lose. We could only beat what was put out against us.

Plus, you're discounting the fact that Spurs also had 5 of our first team missing:

Aaron Lennon
Wilson Palacios
Vedran Corluka
Niko Kranjcar
Jonothan Woodgate

But I guess you're used to feeling understrength when Fabregas doesn't play, being a one man team and all.

yeh i spose fab was really the only one. im sure arshavin and gallas are just not influential at all :roll: i spose one day u'll get arsenal at thier best.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Bully » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:43 am

mighty hounds wrote:
devilsadvocate wrote:

Aaron Lennon
Wilson Palacios
Vedran Corluka
Niko Kranjcar
Jonothan Woodgate

yeh i spose fab was really the only one. im sure arshavin and gallas are just not influential at all :roll: i spose one day u'll get arsenal at thier best.

let him boast about one win in 10 years. let him boast about how arsenal finishes ABOVE tottenham year in year out. let him boast about how he thinks the carling cup is the bees knees of all competitions because they won it a few years ago. let him boast about how tottenham will struggle to make fourth spot this season. let him boast that tottenham change their managers like the wind.
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:49 am

devilsadvocate wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

when your team actually has a chance of winning the EPL then come back and see us. Instead of struggling around mid to lower table year in year out. At least we had a chance of getting close to winning the EPL, unlike your team.
Bully
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sat May 01, 2010 11:30 pm

Dunno where this idea that spurs have a high turnover of managers comes from?

I expect spurs will be a real challenger for a top 3 next year
johntheclaret
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer