Fergie' future??

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: Fergie' future??

Postby Bully » Fri May 10, 2013 7:51 am

Jim05 wrote:Moyes has 1 FA cup losing final to his name, in the time that Moyes has been at Everton, Portsmouth has won an FA Cup, Swansea has won a League Cup, Bradford made the league cup final this year all of those clubs are a lot smaller and less resourced than Everton.

I agree you didn't have the resources when fergie started but he was given a chance and look what happened . Give the Guy a chance and then see how he goes . Wrighting him off before he has even walked into the joint....
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Il Duce » Fri May 10, 2013 8:10 am

Jose would want to come after moyes...cause if he fails he can be the Man to return the good old ferggie days
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby BALLHOG » Fri May 10, 2013 8:54 am

Let's give him a go I think it's a great choice by the club. Yeah he hasn't won any trophies but so what. Alex McLeish won a Carling cup with Birmingham City does that make him a better choice because he has won a trophy?
BALLHOG
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time

Postby RoosterMarty » Fri May 10, 2013 1:10 pm

0 away wins to the big 4 isn't great either. He will have a far better squad and more resources at United so it will be interesting to see how he goes.
RoosterMarty
Coach

Has liked: 10 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 10, 2013 1:20 pm

Bully wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Moyes has 1 FA cup losing final to his name, in the time that Moyes has been at Everton, Portsmouth has won an FA Cup, Swansea has won a League Cup, Bradford made the league cup final this year all of those clubs are a lot smaller and less resourced than Everton.

I agree you didn't have the resources when fergie started but he was given a chance and look what happened . Give the Guy a chance and then see how he goes . Wrighting him off before he has even walked into the joint....

Fergie was given a chance because of his exceptional coaching history, he had already won major trophies at Aberdeen in an era where Scottish football was almost on par with English football. Most people forget he had won 10 trophies before joining United.
I do wish Moyes all the best in the job and hope that now he has signed we stick with him for his full contract and hope the club offers him the same support Fergie was awarded.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3563 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Bully » Fri May 10, 2013 3:19 pm

English football back then wasn't the best league as it is today. May have been good, but not as good.

whatever the case is, give the man a chance, like fergie and im sure it will work out great for you ;)
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 10, 2013 3:45 pm

Bully wrote:English football back then wasn't the best league as it is today. May have been good, but not as good.

whatever the case is, give the man a chance, like fergie and im sure it will work out great for you ;)

Im prepared to give him a chance, he wasnt my first choice but I have full faith in the board especially as it was Fergie who endorsed him.
Now on with the job of improving, get the cheque book out
Jim05
Coach

Postby westozfalcon » Sat May 11, 2013 12:44 am

BALLHOG wrote:Let's give him a go I think it's a great choice by the club. Yeah he hasn't won any trophies but so what. Alex McLeish won a Carling cup with Birmingham City does that make him a better choice because he has won a trophy?

Ironically Alex Ferguson gave a glowing endorsement of Alex McLeish when he was appointed manager of Aston Villa.
Good judgement there!
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sat May 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Oxford 2
Man U 0

Fergie was one game away from losing his job at Man U . Only a Robins goal against Norwich I think, kept bin in his job

Fergie will drafted upstairs, and Mike Phelan will still be there so Moyes will have plenty of support
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat May 11, 2013 10:26 pm

johntheclaret wrote:Oxford 2
Man U 0

Fergie was one game away from losing his job at Man U . Only a Robins goal against Norwich I think, kept bin in his job

Fergie will drafted upstairs, and Mike Phelan will still be there so Moyes will have plenty of support

Thats was a 1-0 away win to Forest in the Cup back in 1990.
Howard Kendell was rumoured to be taking over but Robbins won us the hame and the rest is history
Jim05
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:06 am

westozfalcon wrote:
BALLHOG wrote:Let's give him a go I think it's a great choice by the club. Yeah he hasn't won any trophies but so what. Alex McLeish won a Carling cup with Birmingham City does that make him a better choice because he has won a trophy?

Ironically Alex Ferguson gave a glowing endorsement of Alex McLeish when he was appointed manager of Aston Villa.
Good judgement there!

Alex Mcleish is a good manager

but i love how Fergie sticks up for the fellow scots! :lol:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11922 times
Been liked: 3633 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer