Postby Bully » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:30 am

still playing well at home tho so they will stay up for this season IMO
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Burnley Season 2009 / 2010

Postby nuggety goodness » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:40 am

Stoke last year were terrible away from Brittania taking 10 points with 16 for and 40 against, yet we still finished 12th Burnley are well on their way to beating that!!!

at least the clarets are scoring goals at home, the Potters don't even average 1 a game!!!
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby devilsadvocate » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:56 am

Bugger - stupid Bolton.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby whufc » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:59 pm

Maybe Coyle has made a brilliant choice of club.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5625 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Bully » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:04 pm

thinking JTC wont be happy ....
Bully
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:03 am

whufc wrote:Maybe Coyle has made a brilliant choice of club.

And your reasoning behind this is ?????

I hardly think a shitty offside 1 - 0 makes for a brilliant choice. Were you there? Bolton are shit. They took out McCann and Alexander within the first 15 minutes, no doubt under instructioin from the c*** Coyle. After that it was a shit game. Again we showed that we can't take opportunities in front of goal and ended up playing wanky wanderers style of hoof ball.

Shit game. Claret fans, sensational Judas, Judas , Judas.

we brought you from Scotland and gave you a job
but you f***** off to bolton because you're a nob
we asked you to stay but you answered us nay
said budgets like yours I can spen in a day
and it's juuuuudas coyle we don't love you no more
it's juuuudas coyle you money grabbing whore

Police, completely over the top, charging the claret fans with batons, and outside on horse back. Wankers

And for those big brave bolton fans who were waiting outside with bricks, seeing you all ending up in the river, pathetic.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:19 am

Well we finally dropped into the bottom 3.

I went to Reading and we were crap. To be fair so were Reading but we barely threatened. We played McCann at left back after jordan pulled a hamstring in the warm up and Kalvenes didn't travel as his wife gave birth that morning.
Gudjohnsson played in the middel instead of McCann, and he was woeful. McCann, playing his 1st game since a 4 month lay off was short of pace and tired very quickly.

Up front we played thompson who had been ill all night but with Nugent cup tied, Fletcher injured and both rodrigues and Pato both on the bench, again for the 1st game in 4 months, attacking options were limited. Pato came on after the break to replace the non existent Thompson but made little impact.

how the hell thier keeper kept Edgars header out I'll never know and it ranks as one of the best ever saves I've seen.

What an indignity to have to stand there and be taunted by the Royal;s fans. Still winning this tie will never make up for the hurt of losing to the clarets in last years play off's.

We stayed at the Madjeski Stadium hotel, I guess hoping to re-capture some of that great night last May but it turned out to be a damp squib.

The two funniest things from the whole trip happened outside the hotel when we were talking to this blind guy with his black labrador guide dog. The old guy was going on about the state of the nation and the immigrants and then said he wasn't racist. My mate Kev (you've met him DA), just said, well you can't be racist mate, cos you've got a black dog. The old guy, joking, said "what!, they told me it was a golden labrador" :lol:

Then this Reading fan came up and started patting the dog. After saying what a great dog it was he then got a picture of his own dog out and showed it to the old blind guy :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:41 am

It's a good job I have been away so much this week. I can't express how low I have been feeling since the Bolton defeat. I was dreading this game and and my nightmare came true. We lost to those scumbag tossers and thier judas tosser manager.

It was the crappiest game I've seen for years, and believe me, being a claret fan I've watched some shit games.

We had no shape, not helped by losing Alexander and McCann to injury inside 15 minutes, but we just had no shape and ended up playing 4 - 2 - 4. Maybe the tension got to the players, maybe some of the players aren't happy that wanker coyle has gone, I duuno, but this was not the same Burnley team that took on United 2 weeks ago.

Personally, I felt that one or two aren't playing for the new manager or the team anymore.
Elliott has been in poor form for most of the year, but I put that down to coyle playing him in the middle instead of on the wing where he belongs, Carlisle was terrible, I mean really, really terrible. Why the hell we brought him back in leaves me speechless. What the **** had Edgar done wrong? He had a great debut against Man U and a decent game against Reading.

The carrying on after the final whistle will sit on the minds of many a claret for a long time. coyle came onto the pitch and ignored his own players as he made a beeline for the claret team. I thought Elliott was going to have sex with him then and there, and Carlile who ran 1/2 the length of the pitch (more than he did all through the game) to wrap his arms round colye. If some of the Burnely players wanted to make a statement, they did it at Bolton.

And the scenes outside after the game were scary, no doubt fired up even more by colysl antics after the final whistle.

coyle has split the camp at Burnley imo, some players either ignored him or just shook his hand, others gave him a group hug, and in front of 5,000 faithful, it was a damning statement to the task Laws has now.

Laws is busy bringing in new faces, Cort, a CH from Stoke, Nicky Weaver, his old keeper at Wednesday and City, Fox a RB from Celtic, Nimani, a 6'5" striker from Monaco, Long from ireland and according to the local press, he expects to bring in at least one more before the deadline.

He has clearly identified the areas we need to strengthen, whether the quality he's brought in are good enough, only time will tell.

It's Chavski up next at turf Moor and I have my b4st4rd supporting bank manager with me for the game, so come on you clarets, let's keep the unbeaten home record alive and stuff it up coyle
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:30 am

johntheclaret wrote:
whufc wrote:Maybe Coyle has made a brilliant choice of club.

And your reasoning behind this is ?????

I hardly think a shitty offside 1 - 0 makes for a brilliant choice. Were you there? Bolton are ****. They took out McCann and Alexander within the first 15 minutes, no doubt under instructioin from the c*** Coyle. After that it was a **** game. Again we showed that we can't take opportunities in front of goal and ended up playing wanky wanderers style of hoof ball.

**** game. Claret fans, sensational Judas, Judas , Judas.

we brought you from Scotland and gave you a job
but you f***** off to bolton because you're a nob
we asked you to stay but you answered us nay
said budgets like yours I can spen in a day
and it's juuuuudas coyle we don't love you no more
it's juuuudas coyle you money grabbing whore

Police, completely over the top, charging the claret fans with batons, and outside on horse back. Wankers

And for those big brave bolton fans who were waiting outside with bricks, seeing you all ending up in the river, pathetic.

was only having a stir mate not being to serious, my best mate is a Burnley fan and we have had many decisions about this.

To me the decision at the time was very much a sidewards step, neither forward or back, to knock back the Celtic job and rule himself out the Scottish job only to take the BOLTON job is very strange and make me think there might be more to the move than has been let out, unless it purely for finanacial reasons.

I guess the wiseness of his decision will be decided by which team can stay up unless they both stay up or go down together. Was he frustrated about Burnley self imposed weekly salary cap?
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5625 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Il Duce » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:17 pm

johntheclaret wrote:It's a good job I have been away so much this week. I can't express how low I have been feeling since the Bolton defeat. I was dreading this game and and my nightmare came true. We lost to those scumbag tossers and thier judas tosser manager.

It was the crappiest game I've seen for years, and believe me, being a claret fan I've watched some **** games.

We had no shape, not helped by losing Alexander and McCann to injury inside 15 minutes, but we just had no shape and ended up playing 4 - 2 - 4. Maybe the tension got to the players, maybe some of the players aren't happy that wanker coyle has gone, I duuno, but this was not the same Burnley team that took on United 2 weeks ago.

Personally, I felt that one or two aren't playing for the new manager or the team anymore.
Elliott has been in poor form for most of the year, but I put that down to coyle playing him in the middle instead of on the wing where he belongs, Carlisle was terrible, I mean really, really terrible. Why the hell we brought him back in leaves me speechless. What the **** had Edgar done wrong? He had a great debut against Man U and a decent game against Reading.

The carrying on after the final whistle will sit on the minds of many a claret for a long time. coyle came onto the pitch and ignored his own players as he made a beeline for the claret team. I thought Elliott was going to have sex with him then and there, and Carlile who ran 1/2 the length of the pitch (more than he did all through the game) to wrap his arms round colye. If some of the Burnely players wanted to make a statement, they did it at Bolton.

And the scenes outside after the game were scary, no doubt fired up even more by colysl antics after the final whistle.

coyle has split the camp at Burnley imo, some players either ignored him or just shook his hand, others gave him a group hug, and in front of 5,000 faithful, it was a damning statement to the task Laws has now.

Laws is busy bringing in new faces, Cort, a CH from Stoke, Nicky Weaver, his old keeper at Wednesday and City, Fox a RB from Celtic, Nimani, a 6'5" striker from Monaco, Long from ireland and according to the local press, he expects to bring in at least one more before the deadline.

He has clearly identified the areas we need to strengthen, whether the quality he's brought in are good enough, only time will tell.

It's Chavski up next at turf Moor and I have my b4st4rd supporting bank manager with me for the game, so come on you clarets, let's keep the unbeaten home record alive and stuff it up coyle

Sorry JTC but we have a title we have to go reclaim, you guys certianly took it to us, btw love the headlines in one of the papers "John Terry scores away from Bridge" :D
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby fish » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:59 pm

Centrebet odds for tomorrow nights big game:

BURNLEY $2.53
DRAW $3.25
WEST HAM $2.80
fish
Coach

Has liked: 185 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Bully » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:29 pm

why centre bet odds? TAB no good??
Bully
Coach

Postby fish » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:45 pm

Bulldog wrote:why centre bet odds? TAB no good??
No particular reason other than I've always used Centrebet for my odds.
fish
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:06 am

Good win yestreday. Fox looks a good prospect at left back. 1 game, 1 goal, 1 assist. Great left foot and a cracking goal from the free kick

Clarets started on fire as usual, but we were lucky, particularly in the last 10 minutes. Still in the Sunday papers it shows 3 points to the clarets and that's what matters.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bully » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:37 pm

sorry JTC i watched Fulham vs Burnley and it looked as if your team did not get off the bus. like Arsenal vs Man Utd at the emirates. The gunners were Never in the game. Some easy goals went in
Bully
Coach

Postby RoosterMarty » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Burnley's away form has been horrid this season, need to fix that up to give themselves a better chance at staying up.
RoosterMarty
Coach

Has liked: 10 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:49 am

Bulldog wrote:sorry JTC i watched Fulham vs Burnley and it looked as if your team did not get off the bus. like Arsenal vs Man Utd at the emirates. The gunners were Never in the game. Some easy goals went in

Bloody woeful effort mate.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:56 am

Chin up mate.

At least you're not Pompey - Relegated.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times

Postby fish » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:28 pm

devilsadvocate wrote:Chin up mate.

At least you're not Pompey - Relegated.
Not true.

Although it is not likely they can still avoid the drop with a good run in their twelve remaining games.
fish
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer