Postby Bully » Mon May 20, 2013 3:38 pm

mind the gap spuds :D
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: EPL Season 2012-2013

Postby RoosterMarty » Mon May 20, 2013 7:01 pm

Incredible goal by Bale. If that was his last game for Spurs it's a decent way to go out.
RoosterMarty
Coach

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Jim05 » Tue May 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Watching last nights game I had to have a chuckle at Lukaku.
Find it rather funny that he cant get a game with the Chavs so is sent out on loan to West Brom and has scored 17 goals in the EPL this season which is far more than Ba and Torres :lol:
Even funnier that their is talk that he will remain at West Brom next season on loan while the Chavs probably bring in another multi million dollar dud :oops:
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:14 am

Tony Pulis has left Stoke after a mutual agreement
Jim05
Coach

Postby Bully » Wed May 22, 2013 10:38 am

good ridance

stoke might actually play football now instead of rugby
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Thu May 23, 2013 3:26 pm

hearing that Man City have Bought New York City FC today. Man city want to bleed their young players into football and this was the main reason. Instead of paying enourmous transfer fees, it was reported they are looking to "bleed their own talent".
Bully
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:01 pm

Bully wrote:hearing that Man City have Bought New York City FC today. Man city want to bleed their young players into football and this was the main reason. Instead of paying enourmous transfer fees, it was reported they are looking to "bleed their own talent".

Man City and the NY Yankees have joined in partnership to purchase a new franchise which will be called NY City.
City will be able to develop talent and they will become pretty much their reserves side. They will no longer loan players out to English sides. Very smart move on their account, think the new team joins the MLS for the 2016 season.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Bully » Thu May 23, 2013 5:29 pm

stupid. The MLS is different to the English game. Why not buy a low English club, or create there own in England (another), and bleed the culture of the game in the country that they play in.

Stupid IMO. waste of money totally
Bully
Coach

Postby Il Duce » Thu May 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Bully wrote:stupid. The MLS is different to the English game. Why not buy a low English club, or create there own in England (another), and bleed the culture of the game in the country that they play in.

Because that wont expand there brand image and make them more money that why they have chosen USA and the biggest market there New York. It will be a good investment as that are in partnership with one of the biggest sporting teams in the world so will help them brake in the market.

If they have player exchange it would see the best young talent go to from new york to man city which there would be compensation of some sort and man city players that aren't getting into the team on loan to new york. so it seems like it could work.
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby Bully » Thu May 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Il Duce wrote:
Bully wrote:stupid. The MLS is different to the English game. Why not buy a low English club, or create there own in England (another), and bleed the culture of the game in the country that they play in.

Because that wont expand there brand image and make them more money that why they have chosen USA and the biggest market there New York. It will be a good investment as that are in partnership with one of the biggest sporting teams in the world so will help them brake in the market.

If they have player exchange it would see the best young talent go to from new york to man city which there would be compensation of some sort and man city players that aren't getting into the team on loan to new york. so it seems like it could work.

then maybe they could expand into india then and have 1.3 billion people to "expand their brand" to :D
Bully
Coach

Postby Il Duce » Thu May 23, 2013 5:53 pm

Bully wrote:
Il Duce wrote:

then maybe they could expand into india then and have 1.3 billion people to "expand their brand" to :D

True but there are probley looking at the amount of money that can be made etc and the already have a asian section they promote to, this is all cause of finacial fair play anyway.
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Il Duce wrote:

Agreed
We have had a similar deal with Antwerp for about 10 years, I believe we gave them a bit of coin and would send loan players over to Belgium to get a feel of the game and in return we got first dibs on any young kids coming through. Has worked out ok but we dont own them and obviously the market isnt as great as the USA.
I can see the day when bigger clubs own multiple sides worldwide.
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu May 23, 2013 6:53 pm

So what will the deal be, will Man City own every single player at NYC and 'loan' them out to NYC with a 'return home at any time' type clause.

Or will NYC own their own players and only them sell them to Man City on 'free transfers'

I wonder how FIFA feel about such an obvious set up and where does this stop. Which club will Man U now go out and buy, same for Chelsea, Real, Barca etc etc.

Its a great set up and initive by Man City but my gut tells me its kind of out of the spirit of the game and that this may lead to majors changes in the football world as we know it. Big Call i know.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 23, 2013 7:04 pm

whufc wrote:So what will the deal be, will Man City own every single player at NYC and 'loan' them out to NYC with a 'return home at any time' type clause.

Or will NYC own their own players and only them sell them to Man City on 'free transfers'

I wonder how FIFA feel about such an obvious set up and where does this stop. Which club will Man U now go out and buy, same for Chelsea, Real, Barca etc etc.

Its a great set up and initive by Man City but my gut tells me its kind of out of the spirit of the game and that this may lead to majors changes in the football world as we know it. Big Call i know.

I think option 2, that way they can get around around the FIFA fair play rule
Jim05
Coach

Postby Bully » Thu May 23, 2013 7:09 pm

I still don't believe it will achieve anything and a total waste of money. but everyone can have their opinion
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Thu May 23, 2013 7:16 pm

Bully
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu May 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Bully wrote:I still don't believe it will achieve anything and a total waste of money. but everyone can have their opinion

Im struggling to see massive benefits, to me it just seems like a very very very expensive reserves side.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jase » Thu May 23, 2013 7:41 pm

Erm I'm pretty sure that one team can't own another team in the English Leagues... and as a fan of one of those low English teams, how does f#ck off sound?

:twisted:
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1488 times
Been liked: 560 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 23, 2013 7:47 pm

whufc wrote:
Bully wrote:I still don't believe it will achieve anything and a total waste of money. but everyone can have their opinion

Im struggling to see massive benefits, to me it just seems like a very very very expensive reserves side.

Yes but its a way around the FIFA fair play rule. City could go out and buy £300m worth of players and also £300m for NYC. Then they can "free" transfer them from NYC to City and it doesnt go against their figures.
Also there must be money to be made, the Yankees are one of the best and oldest sporting franchises in the world, they dont enter into anything without getting something in return
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 23, 2013 7:49 pm

Jase wrote:

Erm I'm pretty sure that one team can't own another team in the English Leagues... and as a fan of one of those low English teams, how does f#ck off sound?

:twisted:

You are correct Jase, I remember several years ago wanted to buy a lower league club that was in financial trouble and the FA stopped it. You definately cant own or part own 2 clubs in England
Jim05
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer