A Grimsby Town supporter vents

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

A Grimsby Town supporter vents

Postby Il Duce » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:43 am

Grimsby Town went down 3-0 to Torquay United on the weekend, and it's going to take a miracle for them to avoid relegation.

A Grimsby Town supporter, known on an unofficial forum as "Poojah," vents his frustrations in a great topic called "World, **** off"

Poojah wrote:Now I’m as optimistic as anyone when it comes to this twat of a football club, but after this afternoon’s latest capitulation it’s time to wake up and smell the coffee – we’re ******. Down. Goners. Non-league. To be honest I didn’t know how it would affect me, it’s not like it hasn’t been coming, but tonight I just feel absolutely deflated. Absolutely ******* devastated.

I can’t get away from these emotions, I just want the whole world to just **** off and leave me alone. To help me come to terms with this whole mess, I’ve decided to compile a list of everyone and everything I want to **** off most of all.

For starters, work can **** off. If they think I’m going to be there on Monday morning they’ve got another thing coming. No way am I going in to spend time dealing with **** that I can barely stand being with when I’m in a good mood, let alone this crushing feeling of anger, frustration and outright metaphorical-kicked-in-the-bóllocks-ness.

Plastic Premier League fans can **** off. I just spoke to my Manchester United supporting neighbour (who incidentally, has been to Old Trafford before – twice) about Town’s predicament. You know what he said? “I know how you feel; it’s like when we failed to win a trophy in ‘95”. NO IT ******* WELL IS NOT!

He no longer has a face.

The girlfriend can definitely **** off. Her best attempt at consolation – “I don’t know why you’re bothered; you knew they were shít anyway”. Yes love, but they’re MY shít team. They’ve been MINE for pretty much as long as I’ve been able to wipe my own árse, and they’ll be MINE for as long as I’m alive (or at least, until I’m no longer able to wipe my own árse). Truth is, watching my team win does things for me that no woman can. If push comes to shove and I’m horny, I can always have a wank.

Barrow can **** off. I’ve been all over the country and beyond to watch my team, but frankly I just don’t have the stomach to visit any town which makes **** look like ******* St. Tropez.

Dad, you can **** off. This is your fault. Your idea. You introduced me to this shower of shít. “Come with me to Blundell Park”, you said, “Come and support the boys”. What could I do? I was ******* four, what choice did I have? Why not get me hooked on Heroin whilst you were at it? I could have gone with mum shopping for bras and knickers at British Home Stores, but no, you knew best.

Granted, I’d have probably grown up a homosexual but surely even being simultaneously búggered two guys named Seth and Quentin couldn’t hurt like this.

Seeing as we’re on the subject of homosexuality, Gok Wan can **** off. No particular reason, I just plain don’t like the annoying, goggle-eyed ****.

The F.A. can **** off. Not for supplying us, week-in, week- out, with inept referee after inept referee, but for imposing sensible financial rules on all clubs in League Two. How many clubs in this division have been into administration this season? Not one. How many points deducted? Not one. How the **** else are we supposed to avoid relegation – footballing merit? We didn’t have to last season, so why spoil the fun now?

The World Cup can **** off – I don’t care anymore.

My local pizza shop can **** off. I ordered a 12” Pepperoni over an hour ago, and where the **** is it? Are they trying to ******* fly it to me or something?

Sky Sports can **** off. Nothing personal, but there’ll be little need for me next season with no Town to be found anywhere. Ooh, Bolton versus Wolves, LIVE. I think I’ll pass...

The radio can **** off. On my way home from the match, whilst driving down the M180, I caught three completely separate stations playing ‘Down’ by Jay Sean at the exact same ******* time. The song’s the best part of a year old, how the **** does that happen by coincidence!?

My nan’s old lucky Buddha that used to sit in her front room can **** off. When I was a kid I held it in my hands and wished for Town to be in the Premier League. I meant the proper one you fat ****, not the one occupied by Histon, Eastbourne and for ****’s sake, Ebbsfleet, wherever that is.

Tonight can **** off. I’ve had enough of trying to cope with my emotions; the time has come for oblivion. I haven’t kept any booze in the house since an occasion known only as ‘That Night’ by myself and the missus, but suffice to say that the toilet duck and luminous blue mouthwash are looking like stronger propositions by the minute.

Most of all though, the last 10 years can **** off. In that time I’ve watched my team fall from the top of the Championship into non-league nothingness. We’ve gone from one great big **** up to the next without even coming up for air, and today is just the big, **** off cherry on top.

One thing I’m sure of though is that we WILL be back. When it comes down to it, a football club is basically just a set of supporters, and frankly what I’ve learned in the last few years is that this one has some of the best. We’ve had to put up with some shít, haven’t we boys, but in spite of all of that the future is still bright – it’s ******* black and white.

Grimsby ‘til I die...
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Re: A Grimsby Town supporter vents

Postby Pidge » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:21 am

Il Duce wrote:Grimsby Town went down 3-0 to Torquay United on the weekend, and it's going to take a miracle for them to avoid relegation.

A Grimsby Town supporter, known on an unofficial forum as "Poojah," vents his frustrations in a great topic called "World, **** off"

Poojah wrote:Now I’m as optimistic as anyone when it comes to this twat of a football club, but after this afternoon’s latest capitulation it’s time to wake up and smell the coffee – we’re ******. Down. Goners. Non-league. To be honest I didn’t know how it would affect me, it’s not like it hasn’t been coming, but tonight I just feel absolutely deflated. Absolutely ******* devastated.

I can’t get away from these emotions, I just want the whole world to just **** off and leave me alone. To help me come to terms with this whole mess, I’ve decided to compile a list of everyone and everything I want to **** off most of all.

For starters, work can **** off. If they think I’m going to be there on Monday morning they’ve got another thing coming. No way am I going in to spend time dealing with **** that I can barely stand being with when I’m in a good mood, let alone this crushing feeling of anger, frustration and outright metaphorical-kicked-in-the-bóllocks-ness.

Plastic Premier League fans can **** off. I just spoke to my Manchester United supporting neighbour (who incidentally, has been to Old Trafford before – twice) about Town’s predicament. You know what he said? “I know how you feel; it’s like when we failed to win a trophy in ‘95”. NO IT ******* WELL IS NOT!

He no longer has a face.

The girlfriend can definitely **** off. Her best attempt at consolation – “I don’t know why you’re bothered; you knew they were shít anyway”. Yes love, but they’re MY shít team. They’ve been MINE for pretty much as long as I’ve been able to wipe my own árse, and they’ll be MINE for as long as I’m alive (or at least, until I’m no longer able to wipe my own árse). Truth is, watching my team win does things for me that no woman can. If push comes to shove and I’m horny, I can always have a wank.

Barrow can **** off. I’ve been all over the country and beyond to watch my team, but frankly I just don’t have the stomach to visit any town which makes **** look like ******* St. Tropez.

Dad, you can **** off. This is your fault. Your idea. You introduced me to this shower of shít. “Come with me to Blundell Park”, you said, “Come and support the boys”. What could I do? I was ******* four, what choice did I have? Why not get me hooked on Heroin whilst you were at it? I could have gone with mum shopping for bras and knickers at British Home Stores, but no, you knew best.

Granted, I’d have probably grown up a homosexual but surely even being simultaneously búggered two guys named Seth and Quentin couldn’t hurt like this.

Seeing as we’re on the subject of homosexuality, Gok Wan can **** off. No particular reason, I just plain don’t like the annoying, goggle-eyed ****.

The F.A. can **** off. Not for supplying us, week-in, week- out, with inept referee after inept referee, but for imposing sensible financial rules on all clubs in League Two. How many clubs in this division have been into administration this season? Not one. How many points deducted? Not one. How the **** else are we supposed to avoid relegation – footballing merit? We didn’t have to last season, so why spoil the fun now?

The World Cup can **** off – I don’t care anymore.

My local pizza shop can **** off. I ordered a 12” Pepperoni over an hour ago, and where the **** is it? Are they trying to ******* fly it to me or something?

Sky Sports can **** off. Nothing personal, but there’ll be little need for me next season with no Town to be found anywhere. Ooh, Bolton versus Wolves, LIVE. I think I’ll pass...

The radio can **** off. On my way home from the match, whilst driving down the M180, I caught three completely separate stations playing ‘Down’ by Jay Sean at the exact same ******* time. The song’s the best part of a year old, how the **** does that happen by coincidence!?

My nan’s old lucky Buddha that used to sit in her front room can **** off. When I was a kid I held it in my hands and wished for Town to be in the Premier League. I meant the proper one you fat ****, not the one occupied by Histon, Eastbourne and for ****’s sake, Ebbsfleet, wherever that is.

Tonight can **** off. I’ve had enough of trying to cope with my emotions; the time has come for oblivion. I haven’t kept any booze in the house since an occasion known only as ‘That Night’ by myself and the missus, but suffice to say that the toilet duck and luminous blue mouthwash are looking like stronger propositions by the minute.

Most of all though, the last 10 years can **** off. In that time I’ve watched my team fall from the top of the Championship into non-league nothingness. We’ve gone from one great big **** up to the next without even coming up for air, and today is just the big, **** off cherry on top.

One thing I’m sure of though is that we WILL be back. When it comes down to it, a football club is basically just a set of supporters, and frankly what I’ve learned in the last few years is that this one has some of the best. We’ve had to put up with some shít, haven’t we boys, but in spite of all of that the future is still bright – it’s ******* black and white.

Grimsby ‘til I die.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:01 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

we've all been there with a club we have all supported no matter what sport it is
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12310 times
Been liked: 3918 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:51 am

That is one funny read Duce. (Sorry I had to clean it up mate)

A bit like Burnley, EPL in 76, bottom 4th division and had to win the last game and hope others above us lost to avoid the drop into non league oblivion. :( Still it only took us 33 years to get back (and a year to start the long decline again)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby fish » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:30 pm

Something tells me that poojah is not happy...
fish
Coach

Has liked: 187 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby McAlmanac » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:02 pm

Fantastic.
Blighty Teasdale - SuperCoach former World No. 1
McAlmanac
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Il Duce » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:15 pm

yeah this and I think it was a qpr fan that da posted have both been well funny and your right we have all been there at one stage or another with one of our clubs in one of the sports we follow. sadley if things dont change lazio could start the fall down the divs in Italy 99-00 champions - 09-10 fighting off relegation 3 points above the drop with 4 to play we better not continiue of newcastle of last season impression (lazio is equivellent to them as in, supporters, club size etc) otherwise I will post something similar only there will be far more abusive languange.
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:46 am

Newcastles relegatoin is hardly the same thing Duce. Toon are promoted as champions of the CCC one year later.

Try being Champions of the League, and a top 6 finisher for maybe 10 years. A top flight club for 24 years and most of the previous 50 years, and within 10 years you are bottom of the lowest division and 1 game away from oblivion. now that's pain mate.

Still, Wembley was the other side of the coin, ecstacy, even if it is for just 1 year. ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Il Duce » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:05 am

I was more try to say Newcastle a big club who got relegated and really shouldnt of been and Lazio is in that position where it may happeLn to them and Lazio may be on the way to start the slide down the divisions in Italy, there are alot of troubles at Lazio atm. Wasnt trying to say Newcastles relegation was the same thing as Grimsby town, Luton town or Notts County (prior to season) would be more applicable from first division even signing the Premier League aggrement and they being the 2 teams relegated and not being back, Luton town now in the confrence and Notts county league 2 (now promoted and got new rich owners).
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Postby OnSong » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:58 am

Brilliant!
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 646 times
Been liked: 731 times

Postby Baron Greenback » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:21 am

I've been there with South Adelaide for the past 20 years!
Brilliant stuff!
Ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and eggs for tea
Baron Greenback
Coach

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Postby scottroo » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:31 pm

poor bloke, im shattered that grimsby have gone down, am a pretty keen grimsby town supporter myself and was hoping to get to a game next season, where do they go now? provisionals?
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Il Duce » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:49 am

they get relegated to the confrence league (blue square premier) so still in a national comp.
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer