Tottenham Hotspur Season 2010/11

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Season 2010/11

Postby Bulls forever » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:38 pm

Bulls forever wrote:
Bulldog wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:A day of records at WHL yesterday

Harry clocked up his 550th EPL game as a manager. Only Fergie and Wenger have clocked up more.

DeFoe scored his 100th EPL goal and of course his 100th goal for Spurs - JTC, whilst I bow to you superior knowledge, I think you will find he did actually score at Portsmouth.

Cox scored his 1st ever EPL goal which happened to be Spurs 1,000th goal in the EPL - JTC, I think I want whatever you are drinking, unfortunately he played for WBA.

This game was only the 11th draw between these two sides in 59 meetings.

ill be sure to ask for more in next weeks game ;)
Bulls forever
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 pm

:roll: bloody BBC :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Bulls forever » Mon May 02, 2011 9:21 pm

We will never know what might have happened had the officials at the game made the correct decisions, but I add the Gomez should not have let the ball between his legs. He is so frustrating, one minute as good as there is, the next he rivals the goon keeper as the worst around. Bosnich stated he has sever technical fault in that he doesn't keep his head steady up until point of impact, might send the club an email, surely the coaches over there have picked this up if the case.

Our season is done, 100 mil down the drain by not qualifying for CL, struggling for Europa qual. What has started as a season of promise, is going to end in despair, hopefully the Chairmain continues to adopt the long term view.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby johntheclaret » Tue May 03, 2011 12:14 am

£100m BF, I don't think so. United will only make around £30m and they got further in the comp than your boys.

Unless Harry was doing a tax free cash deal with Sky :lol: ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Tue May 03, 2011 12:16 am

Speaking of the Europa league, I doubt either Liverpool or spurs particualry want to play in this comp and would rather concentrate on the EPL next season and go for the CL spots.

News is that if Liverpool qualify, Dalgleish will blood juniors throughout the comp.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bulls forever » Wed May 04, 2011 6:43 pm

johntheclaret wrote:£100m BF, I don't think so. United will only make around £30m and they got further in the comp than your boys.

Unless Harry was doing a tax free cash deal with Sky :lol: ;)

JTC, he would something going somewhere, we just don't know quite what it is.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby Bully » Sun May 08, 2011 8:47 am

very lucky spurs against blackpool....very very lucky
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Bulls forever » Thu May 12, 2011 8:56 pm

Gonsky, just hope Levy holds his nerve, would be very easy to fall back into the pack. Will be tough to retain all the squad with no CL next year and probably agree with JTC, probably little interest in Europe.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:15 pm

Bulls forever wrote:Gonsky, just hope Levy holds his nerve, would be very easy to fall back into the pack. Will be tough to retain all the squad with no CL next year and probably agree with JTC, probably little interest in Europe.

Not a fan of micky mouse Europa league but read a report stating the financial windfall is huge. Apparantly TV revenue is huge for Europa league and participating clubs make bucketloads. I think thats why clubs from Holland,Portugal and the eastern bloc do well, its far more money than most of those clubs will ever see
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Bully » Sat May 14, 2011 12:08 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Bulls forever wrote:Gonsky, just hope Levy holds his nerve, would be very easy to fall back into the pack. Will be tough to retain all the squad with no CL next year and probably agree with JTC, probably little interest in Europe.

Not a fan of micky mouse Europa league but read a report stating the financial windfall is huge. Apparantly TV revenue is huge for Europa league and participating clubs make bucketloads. I think thats why clubs from Holland,Portugal and the eastern bloc do well, its far more money than most of those clubs will ever see

tough game for your mob BF against pool at anfield being its for a europe spot you may miss out on europe all together
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sat May 14, 2011 3:38 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Not the feeling over here mate.

I think most clubs see the Europa as a loss maker unless you can get through to the finals.

Crowd attendance poor as even the supporters have no interest.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bulls forever » Tue May 17, 2011 6:13 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Not the feeling over here mate.

I think most clubs see the Europa as a loss maker unless you can get through to the finals.

Crowd attendance poor as even the supporters have no interest.

JTC, while we still have to beat Birmingham, I think Europa would be a little enticer for some of the boys to stay. Not sure the crowd attendance for the YIDS would be an issue, sold out stadium every game and 20k on the waiting list. What is the word over there on the Gunners and the Olympic Stadium, do I still hold some hope of the YIDS getting the decision reversed or will the Gunners owners continue to poor good money after bad, trying to get them back into the EPL. Would have thought too proud a club just to turn up their toes.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby Bulls forever » Tue May 17, 2011 6:15 pm

Bulldog wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

tough game for your mob BF against pool at anfield being its for a europe spot you may miss out on europe all together

Bully, must say pre game I gave us no hope given the scousers form and our lack lustre last half of season in EPL. Now we have done the hard work, hopefully our poor form at the Lane does not come back to haunt us, for Birmingham its win or the CC.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby johntheclaret » Wed May 18, 2011 6:41 am

Sorry BF, but the Olympic Stadium is a done deal. West Han will be entertaining CCC opponents there. West Ham are fortunate in that they are one of those sides that have incredible support whether in the CCC or the EPL with over 35,000 season ticket holders (or thereabouts) so the only issue in attendances would be away fans.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Wed May 18, 2011 6:53 am

BF, when you say gunners I assume you mean West Ham and not Arsenal.
Hammers are financially ****. They raised money this year against season ticket sales for next year. There won't be the £35m from sky so they will have to make do on £12m and proceeds from the sale of their cream. At least 5 will be gone imho.
Gold n company font have the readies to support the club next year without slashing the wage bill and raising transfer funds and whilst the bank are about to pull the plug, they must be concerned about the level of debt and the revenue stream for next year.
It probably is a make or break season next year. Fail to win promotion and they could be in the CCC for a long time. I guess the 1st thing they need to do is find a decent manager. I bet they are rueing the departure of Curbishley
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bulls forever » Wed May 18, 2011 8:54 pm

johntheclaret wrote:BF, when you say gunners I assume you mean West Ham and not Arsenal.
Hammers are financially ****. They raised money this year against season ticket sales for next year. There won't be the £35m from sky so they will have to make do on £12m and proceeds from the sale of their cream. At least 5 will be gone imho.
Gold n company font have the readies to support the club next year without slashing the wage bill and raising transfer funds and whilst the bank are about to pull the plug, they must be concerned about the level of debt and the revenue stream for next year.
It probably is a make or break season next year. Fail to win promotion and they could be in the CCC for a long time. I guess the 1st thing they need to do is find a decent manager. I bet they are rueing the departure of Curbishley

Yeah apologies, thinking hammers, typing gunners. Appears Lord Seb got his way. Still think, although I am biased that the Spurs bid was outstanding and best for the future of the stadium, especially with Crystal Palace redevelopment involved. Back to the drawing board and hope they can work it out with the local borough over there for the Lane.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:03 am

Wrong year I know....
Update on Harrys dilemma
Apparently he hs has a Monaco bank account that he hasn't declared and it's in the name of Rosie47. Rosie being the name of his dog and 47 being the year he was born. There are at least two payments made each for £93,000 into it with one dating back to his WHUFC days and the sale of Ferdinand.
All allegedly at this stage as the case is on going

Could be serious for him though if proven
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:07 am

johntheclaret wrote:Wrong year I know....
Update on Harrys dilemma
Apparently he hs has a Monaco bank account that he hasn't declared and it's in the name of Rosie47. Rosie being the name of his dog and 47 being the year he was born. There are at least two payments made each for £93,000 into it with one dating back to his WHUFC days and the sale of Ferdinand.
All allegedly at this stage as the case is on going

Could be serious for him though if proven

Milan Mandaric is a dodgy prick, everything he is involved in is crooked so it wouldnt surprise me if Arry was found guilty
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Could well be a custodial sentence if he is.

Will he keep his job at Spurs if he is found guilty? Bit if a dilemma for the board. Spurs in the best position they have been in for years and their manager doing time for tax evasion.

Personally, depending on the length of sentence, I'd keep him on.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:50 am

If Ancelotti was still available, i wouldn't be too worried, but if Harry goes down, i'd say our top 4 aspirations look pretty shaky.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer