Your English Soccer Team?

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Postby matt » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:52 am

Magpiespower wrote:Millwall/Man U.

Saw Bryan Robson's last game.

His career ended with an injury (surprise, surprise) against the Lions at The New Den.

Man U.

MP - I was there the day Bryan Robson was introduced to the Old Trafford faithful as a the new signing (81). Thumped Wolves 5-0 with a Sammy Mac hat-trick. I also managed to get my mug on MOD after wearing an errant Sammy Mac shot in the head behind the goals at the Stetford End. Could get tickets at the gate back then.

Also have a soft spot for QPR as lived in the area for a couple of years late nineties.
matt
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Dog_ger » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:40 pm

St Mirren. Scottish Premier League....

Were 2nd bottom......

Go the Buddies

BLACK & WHITE

Why...?

Because they're Saints....! Ha
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Been liked: 19 times

Postby Royal City » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:45 pm

In England: Sunderland, followed them religiously since a wee lad. Have very strong family ties to the North east of England and given the choice of Scumcastle United and Sunderland as a boy the choice was easy 8) Actually looking forward to the future as a Sunderland fan for the first time in 5-6 years.

Scotland: Hibernian (hopefully about to win a trophy for the first time in 16 years in March!!)
Royal City
Under 18s

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:52 pm

It's looking promising isn't it RC?
A good win on the weekend too.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Royal City » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:19 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:It's looking promising isn't it RC?

Great win, to think of the despair we all felt after loosing to Southend in August leaving us in dead last place. Quite a turnaround in only 6 months under Roy. Now its looking very good. We've spent far too much money for us not to be up there tho :wink:

All the new signings are doing very well, Stern John scored twice and David Connolly can't stop getting goals at the moment.
Royal City
Under 18s

Postby westies sarge » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:47 am

LIVERPOOL and wolverhampton and celtic in scotland as i am catholic
SHARE THE PASSION WAFC 2010 GO U BLOODS ON THE WAY UP
westies sarge
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Snaggletooth Tiger » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:58 pm

lizbeff eaglez wrote:I used to realy like the team Leyton Orient! But i dont know where they play. My dad had an old Beano comic(i think?) with a bit on them. And for some reason o just liked them. are they still around?

Northwest London football club 'Leyton Orient' are still going strong in the League 1. Competition
Just recently they made it to the 4th round of the F.A. Cup by knocking off fellow Londoners Fulham F.C.
GO THE GROWL!!!

"Shut the gate on this one Maxy... It's the Duck's Guts!"
Snaggletooth Tiger
League Bench Warmer

Postby devilsadvocate » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:35 am

Go you Spurs!

4-1 over Bolton on the w/end.

Captain Keano - 2 goals, 1 Assist, 1 red card!!!!
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times

Postby Blue Boy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:37 am

Man U lucky win over Fulham 2-1 on the week end !!! :lol:
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby croc11 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:02 am

The mighty super hoops for me - Queens Park Rangers who are bloody hopeless these days.

Nevermind, they'll come good again and at least we see the great Loftus Road when the Socceroos play in London.
croc11

Postby Il Duce » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:15 am

magpies in the sanfl, essendon afl, chelsea epl, lazio in serie A, although i am a catholic i dont go for celtic. cause i am sick of the rangers/celtic debate, i go for partick thistle
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:27 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
McAlmanac wrote:Derby County. The Rams are pulling in 25-30,000 in the 2nd Division (no poncey League names, please) and, if we can maintain our current second position, will be heading back to the Premier League next season.

Thought you said "no poncey league names" - First division thanks. ;)

I know what you mean Dogwatcher

I follow Burnley FC in the same division. Had some great games against the Rams. Remember being at Pride Park a few years ago when Derby were in the Premier (Old 1st Div) and we were in 3rd Div. BFC won 1 - 0 in an FA cup game. Great day, 5,500 clarets in the away end went wild.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:30 am

RoosterMarty wrote:
dinglinga wrote:hay lizbeff

celtic havent had larsson for the past three seasons .. they won the title last season and are 15 points in front this season

Celtic are dominating the league and even doing pretty bloody well in the Champs League this season

plus the great man Henrik is at Man Utd now 8)

Was only on loan at Man U RoosterMarty. Played his last game this week against Middlesbro in the FA cup. didn't make all that much of an impression after a good start.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:32 am

scottroo wrote:blackburn rovers

Dunno why B4st4rd Rovers scottroo. Arch enemies of the beloved Clarets :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:43 am

lizbeff eaglez wrote:I used to realy like the team Leyton Orient! But i dont know where they play. My dad had an old Beano comic(i think?) with a bit on them. And for some reason o just liked them. are they still around?

Yeap lizabett eaglez. Still around. Play in the bottom league and gone through some ups and downs over the years. Dropped the Leyton for a while and were just known as Orient, now back to Leyton Orient. Never been a big club,probably because they play in London and too many big names to compete with.

most famous game was in May 1987 when they played Burnley at Turf Moor. Burnley were in the bottom league and had to win to stay in the league. A loss would have seen them go out of the league into the amatuer league. Was important because Burnley are one of the twelve original clubs and former league champions.

Very emotional day, more than 19,000 there (big crowd for a 4th division game, needless to say the clarets won 2 - 1.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:49 am

Dogwatcher wrote:It's looking promising isn't it RC?

Roy Keane has been the difference. I think the team is so sh1t scared of him they dare'nt do anything else but play well :wink:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:51 am

stampy wrote:the mighty celts.....if those gutless pommy bastards wouldnt be so pissweak and let them into the comp!!

Light years away from AFC, Man U, Chelski, Liverpool. Be like putting Strurt or Westies in the AFL :)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:43 pm

Anybody see the FA Cup matches on the weekend?

Watched MU v Middlesbrough and what a crock Ronaldo's penalty was. YOU CAN'T STOP ONCE YOU'VE STARTED APPROACHING THE BALL!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: He's a gun player though and I'd say best in the world at the moment.

I thought Brough were very unlucky really. Dominated play in the 2nd half.

Gotta say that Spurs are the MOST frustrating team to follow in the history of sport. 3-1 up at Stamford Bridge ad looking the goods for a last 4 appearance only to chuck it down the crapper. It's like Spurs enjoy the feeling of disappointment when you are so close but get pipped at the post. If trophies were awarded for getting close, Spurs would be world champions!
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:23 am

devilsadvocate wrote:Anybody see the FA Cup matches on the weekend?

Watched MU v Middlesbrough and what a crock Ronaldo's penalty was. YOU CAN'T STOP ONCE YOU'VE STARTED APPROACHING THE BALL!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: He's a gun player though and I'd say best in the world at the moment.

I thought Brough were very unlucky really. Dominated play in the 2nd half.

Gotta say that Spurs are the MOST frustrating team to follow in the history of sport. 3-1 up at Stamford Bridge ad looking the goods for a last 4 appearance only to chuck it down the crapper. It's like Spurs enjoy the feeling of disappointment when you are so close but get pipped at the post. If trophies were awarded for getting close, Spurs would be world champions!

Watched Midds V Man U. All Man U for 1st 40 mins, then wow!, different Boro. Scored last minute 1st half and first minute 2nd half (if thats not too confusing to read) and lloked like they would go one to win. Soft penalty, referee bottled it and off to OLd Trafford they go. Can't see Boro holding out there though.

Watched Chelski and Spurs. If you ever want to learn how to throw away a dominant winning position, then watch the Spurs. 3 - 1 and with Chelski's defence in total array, Spurs should have gone on to win 4 or 5 - 1. Instead they let Chelski back into it and then panic. All over. Don't think Chelski will give Spurs the same 3 goal start in the replay.

Had the indignity of watching B4st4rd rovers beat Man C. City are really poor at the moment and in danger of getting sucked into a relegation fight. Not sure they have the stomach for it either, suprisingly as they have psycho as manager. Wigan pulled clear and with Charlton on a bit of a roll, City could find themselves under real pressure in the closing stages. Anyway, the b4st4rds 2nd and clincher came against the run of play during Citys only real spell of pressure. Lets hope they draw Man U.

Watched the 1st half of Plymouth v Watford. Watford were winning 1 - 0 but it was so boring I turned it off. Watford are crap and no wonder they will be relegated from the EPL. Great achievement for Boothroyd to get them into the EPL at his 1st attempt but they really needed to invest to have a chance of staying up and with such a poor ground holding only 16,000 or so they were destined to return to the CCC.

Stay tuned for more news :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Scores Update

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:00 am

Coventry 1 - Wolves 1
Derby 0 -QPR 1
Leicester 1 - Leeds 1
Sunderland 1- Stoke 2 (All the Cats at the moment)
Norwich 1 - Birmingham 0 (Missing McSheffery)
Soton 1 - Cardiff 0
Preston 1 - Ipswich 0

Partick 2 - St Jonstone 0 (This is for the one poster that is not a Celtic or Rangers fan :wink: )

10 minutes left to play

PS Burnley are holding the mighty Southend 0 - 0 :roll:
johntheclaret
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer