Pro Wrestling Talk

Any other sports

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Postby Bully » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:22 am

the guest host bit on MIZ TV was the worst part .
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:13 am

it was an ok raw.... the start was good, interesting that they are putting both titles on the line at a minor ppv... Also i'm confused with orton and hhh characters, there both heels, but are doing some unheelish things....
the tag match with punk and brian was really good... just my opinion but i reckon luke harper is the most impressive out of the wyatt family at the moment... i know bray has been injured, that's why we havent seen much of him... Harps needs a better finisher though...
the miz part was almost uncomfortable to watch, but i usually feel that when i see miz anyways. how he had a major title run and headlined WM has me baffled!!!

of raw, watched most of the newest wwe doco, 50 years of wwe, it's pretty interesting. They actually did a bit on owen hart, which was nice.. Hopefully it may be a positive step forward to inducting him into the HOF.. stopped it as the started talking about 9/11 smackdown tribute episode... they also touched on the steroid court case...
Something about Bruno Sammartino from hearing him talk on the doco was that, he has some major tickets on himself... interesting though...
Didn't need to see this doco to realise this but Vinnie Mac is a genius...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3064 times
Been liked: 2430 times

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:51 pm

Bruno was huge in his day, almost hard to fathom. Not to hard to understand he started to believe his own hype. I had some wrestling mags from the late 60s and he was the cult hero for All Italian- Americans. Remembering they thought it was real and not a work.

I remember enjoying his baby face commentary in the early to late 80s.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 861 times

Postby Bully » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:33 pm

decent smackdown actually .

the titus oniel and cesaro bit was decent
Bully
Coach

Postby Interceptor » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:10 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Bruno was huge in his day, almost hard to fathom. Not to hard to understand he started to believe his own hype. I had some wrestling mags from the late 60s and he was the cult hero for All Italian- Americans. Remembering they thought it was real and not a work.

I remember enjoying his baby face commentary in the early to late 80s.

He also wrestled during this time and had shots at the IC title against Savage and the Honky Tonk Man.

Not sure why he wasn't part of Wrestlemania 3 though, as he was still with the WWF well into 1987 and could have wrestled another legend, Harley Race (who was feuding with the Junk Yard Dog instead). Seems he was legitimately pretty tough if stories of a couple incidents backstage are true.
Interceptor
League - Top 5

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:38 pm

He held weight lifting records in his prime and was legit strong as anyone.

Handsome Harley actually came In with a fair push and I wouldn't have thought Bruno would have wanted to job. He never actually did wrestle at any mania and was very rarely active once rock n wrestling had the big break through.

All his old stuff is quite interesting to watch
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Raw was average in my opinion, nothing too special. The contract signing for the most part was boring.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Bully » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:43 pm

you didn't like Mark henrys dancing then?

I found my new love - Summer Rae :D

she is mighty fine ...... :goodman:
Bully
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:09 pm

watching raw as I type... ummmmmmmmmmmm did I just see sin cara beat del rio clean???? tell me I didn't just see that!!!! not a fan of either, but how can you possibly explain sin cara beating anyone, let alone a former whc champ... he is junk!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:42 pm

the belt will have wwe in it... know way there main title wont have in it... the whc should be put in a museum...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby test » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:40 am

woodublieve12 wrote:the belt will have wwe in it... know way there main title wont have in it... the whc should be put in a museum...

Yep totally agree, have 2 world champs in one organization is and has always been stupid.

Thinking about it my interest in wrestling died off when the 2 shows had their own roster, all the same belts and were on the same PPV.

Either split them completely or not at all, cos there was always cross overs anyway and some wrestlers appeared on both shows.

I get the history of the WHC but it's time is done.
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:05 am

test wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:the belt will have wwe in it... know way there main title wont have in it... the whc should be put in a museum...

Yep totally agree, have 2 world champs in one organization is and has always been stupid.

Thinking about it my interest in wrestling died off when the 2 shows had their own roster, all the same belts and were on the same PPV.

Either split them completely or not at all, cos there was always cross overs anyway and some wrestlers appeared on both shows.

I get the history of the WHC but it's time is done.

totally agree
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Bully » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:23 am

I actually prefer 2 shows but the stars in each show need to stay on whatever show they are contracted to .

This was proven more so when the goat man thing was trying to be pushed . Both raw and smack down had endless crap of goat man and the big show in tears every show .makes it hard for any other star to make a name for themselves with the same two or three stars the main events on both shows

Have 2 shows but keep them separate !!!
Bully
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:20 am

Bully wrote:I actually prefer 2 shows but the stars in each show need to stay on whatever show they are contracted to .

This was proven more so when the goat man thing was trying to be pushed . Both raw and smack down had endless crap of goat man and the big show in tears every show .makes it hard for any other star to make a name for themselves with the same two or three stars the main events on both shows

Have 2 shows but keep them separate !!!

endless crap???? seriously???? But seeing the heyman punk story line done to death is ok too???

The bryan and wyatt encounter was by far the best part of raw this week... Bray was brilliant in his promo and the match bryan had with Rowan was brilliant... Ideal scenario for me in the unifercation match would be, cena and orton on top of the ladder fighting for the title, ouot comes bryan pushes both men of the ladder and retrieving the gold, making it a no contest!!! That would be EPIC... Make it happen Hunter. YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES....

oh and hunter will face punk at mania... i reckon the seed was laid on raw this week
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Bully » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:32 pm

Yeah ..... Watching the big show in tears on both shows and goat man being attacked by Randall and the shield EVERY show was fantastic viewing .

There is always opposition to teams / superstars / football leagues etc etc

Not everyone likes hull city or the Sydney swans .....as an example .

I like mark Henry .... But you don't see me having a big song and dance about it when someone says he is rubbish .
Bully
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:57 pm

Bully wrote:Yeah ..... Watching the big show in tears on both shows and goat man being attacked by Randall and the shield EVERY show was fantastic viewing .

There is always opposition to teams / superstars / football leagues etc etc

Not everyone likes hull city or the Sydney swans .....as an example .

I like mark Henry .... But you don't see me having a big song and dance about it when someone says he is rubbish .

lies.... :lol:
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:43 pm

AJ styles sends a "paper championship" for a "paper champion". Brilliant.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby dee man » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:26 am

A question for the people in the know
Is not the WHC belt the belt that was brought over when the WCW was bought by the WWE
I f thats the case does that not make it the former NWA belt
A nd if so doesnt the prestige and history sit better with that belt dating back nearly 100 years
I might be wrong because of all the twists and stories in wrestling but some how thats how my memory remembers it
Wristwatcher am i around the mark or am i just a big mark
we stand as one
we fight as one
we win and lose as one
we are one
dee man
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby dee man » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:30 am

down loaded most of the stone cold pod casts which i find absolutely amazing
then he interviewed colt cabana and found about his pod casts
they are great
if you get a chance listen to the art of wrestling,great chats with not only the indepentant stars but some of the greats
both are highly recommended
we stand as one
we fight as one
we win and lose as one
we are one
dee man
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:23 am

dee man wrote:A question for the people in the know
Is not the WHC belt the belt that was brought over when the WCW was bought by the WWE
I f thats the case does that not make it the former NWA belt
A nd if so doesnt the prestige and history sit better with that belt dating back nearly 100 years
I might be wrong because of all the twists and stories in wrestling but some how thats how my memory remembers it
Wristwatcher am i around the mark or am i just a big mark

Spot on mate. That's how it happened. Arguments could go on for hours over which one has more prestige as the NWA had the likes of Lou Thesz hold it 6 times from memory between 1937-55. The WWE or WWWF as it was originally known started with the original "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers in the early 60s who Bruno beat in a minute to start his near 8 year reign and later to be carried by Latin American sensation Pedro Morales who was the first man too hold all 3 major titles.

I guess if longevity gives the prestige then WHC would be the belt to keep but the now WWE title dates back to the territory where Vinces Dad laid the foundation for VKM to create his global empire. Vince would not get rid off this as his major title IMO. At worst he would combine the 2.

I can't see either of them being culled nor would I want too. I like a champion for each show.
wristwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports