Pro Wrestling Talk

Any other sports

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:20 pm

awesome write up!!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3035 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:46 pm

Agreed. Always been a MM fan and he puts it beautifully. Put the strap on the guy that is most over , getting the most heat and can genuinely work. He sure as shit has paid his dues
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby Bully » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:37 am

I can get the rumble and watch it live as its a public holiday on Monday next week :D!
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:39 pm

When can we get WWE network!? I'm going to get it so I can watch all the paper views from the Attitude Era!
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:14 pm

mighty hounds wrote:When can we get WWE network!? I'm going to get it so I can watch all the paper views from the Attitude Era!

At least 6 months if not more.

Looks like great value and will hopefully expose and fast track more younger and independantly talent that may previously have not got a shot. It may not be to late for "Evil Wristy" :)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Bully » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:22 am

it is only coming out as a digital channel here NEXT YEAR :( ( whatever that means ) that there is no choosing what you want. You just watch whatever the main channel is showing ( like viewers choice ) whatever the main game is that is what you get.

also you have to pay for the PPV the normal full amounts

that is what I have been told
Bully
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:29 am

Bully wrote:it is only coming out as a digital channel here NEXT YEAR :( ( whatever that means ) that there is no choosing what you want. You just watch whatever the main channel is showing ( like viewers choice ) whatever the main game is that is what you get.

That certainly doesn't offer the same value as what they are offering the yanks. It's the PPV inclusion that really made the pricing sound so generous. That's disappointing to hear
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:04 am

Bully wrote:it is only coming out as a digital channel here NEXT YEAR :( ( whatever that means ) that there is no choosing what you want. You just watch whatever the main channel is showing ( like viewers choice ) whatever the main game is that is what you get.

Wrong. The same benefits that the US will get, we will get to. It only makes sense to include the PPV's in the WWE network, it would defy the purpose of the network not to include them.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Bully » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:07 am

Blackwhite wrote:
Wrong. The same benefits that the US will get, we will get to. It only makes sense to include the PPV's in the WWE network, it would defy the purpose of the network not to include them.

possibly go and ask foxtel as they are the company who shows it (legally) in australia and they may enlighten you.....this may change for sure but this is what I was told. from 3 different call centre support people and from the facebook page of foxtel

was told this is on the WWE website also. From other forums who seem to have more info than most again, what I have been told
Bully
Coach

Postby Mic » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:23 pm

If that's the case then I wouldn't bother. Most old PPVS are on Youtube.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Bully wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

possibly go and ask foxtel as they are the company who shows it (legally) in australia and they may enlighten you.....this may change for sure but this is what I was told. from 3 different call centre support people and from the facebook page of foxtel

was told this is on the WWE website also. From other forums who seem to have more info than most again, what I have been told

Well you've been told wrong mate. I don't think your sources are too reliable, sorry to tell you.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Bully » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:54 pm

BW - I am not saying I am right, or wrong. I have been told by numerous sources, not just one.

I wish I am wrong, and when 5 different sources who don't know each other say the same thing, then what would you think? but this is what I have been told mate.

sorry.....
Bully
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:04 pm

will not be getting the network. happy how things are now :D
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3035 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:11 pm

Huge huge news in the local wrestling scene....

Orlando Jordan, Chavo Guerrero Jnr and recently announced Tommy Dreamer are booked to work HRPW Superstars of Wrestling 2 at the Ice House in Mt. Gambier on March 28th and in Adelaide on March 29th but it gets even better :shock:

Several Australian promoters are in negotiation together to also bring out the one, the only "Hot Rod" Rowdy Roddy Piper for the first ever Pipers Pit down under as well as obviously your meet and greet, seminars and special appearances. If I get to work with Hot Rod I will be doing it with half a mongrel :oops: A legend and Hall of Famer . 8)
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:35 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Huge huge news in the local wrestling scene....

Orlando Jordan, Chavo Guerrero Jnr and recently announced Tommy Dreamer are booked to work HRPW Superstars of Wrestling 2 at the Ice House in Mt. Gambier on March 28th and in Adelaide on March 29th but it gets even better :shock:

Several Australian promoters are in negotiation together to also bring out the one, the only "Hot Rod" Rowdy Roddy Piper for the first ever Pipers Pit down under as well as obviously your meet and greet, seminars and special appearances. If I get to work with Hot Rod I will be doing it with half a mongrel :oops: A legend and Hall of Famer . 8)

Got my tickets the day they came out. Can't wait to see Dreamer, I hope he draws one hell of a hardcore crowd. EC 'FN' W!!!

As for Hot Rod, that would be amazing. What do you think the chances of it happening are WW?
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:17 am

I'd suggest that they are very good. He obviously wouldn't Wrestle due to his hip replacement (although stranger things have happened) but as arguably the greatest talker in wrestling history there is still plenty he could do.

Any seminars he did would be captivating as he has more stories to tell than almost everyone. From breaking in as a 15 year old and debuting against Larry "The Axe" Henning and getting destroyed in 10 seconds, to headlining the first Mania and his epic feud with Hogan as Rock 'n Wrestling exploded in the mid 80s all the way to the rise and fall of WCW and the NWO. Not to mention his womanising and party days of the late 70s and early 80s that were legendary.

"He came to chew bubble gum and kick ass and he is all out of bubble gum". Has anyone seen the movie he stars in where he has to save the world? It's called when hell comes to frog town. Me and a mate watched it a couple of years ago with a carton and got a real kick out of it.

The reality of his coming to Australia would break down something like promoters from 3-4 states would probably share the return airfare and he ain't flying coach or economy as we call it. Then each individual promoter would pay to fly him to their State and pay for accommodation, meals etc and would have negotiated seminar fees, event fees and any other costs. It would not be cheap so a lot of it would depend on the Eastern States promoters playing ball. HRPW promoters and management have shown over the years they have been willing to invest on the big stars for their fans with Steve Corino (legend), Raven (piece of shit), Bushwacker Luke, Bob Holly, OJ and Chavo Guerrero Jnr... I know 6/7 years ago when I was heavily involved I spoke to DDP and he was happy to come out. Ex Wrestlers love an easy pay check and holidays where all or most of their expenses are paid.

Bottom line is he certainly is a huge chance. Get Rowdy 8)
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:29 am

Blackwhite wrote:
Bully wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

Well you've been told wrong mate. I don't think your sources are too reliable, sorry to tell you.

I wonder if foxtel have said this so they don't lose customers for their PPV's
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:32 pm

Awesome news with Raw going live starting from Feb 4. About time! Thankyou Fox8.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Mic » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:54 pm

wristwatcher wrote:I'd suggest that they are very good. He obviously wouldn't Wrestle due to his hip replacement (although stranger things have happened) but as arguably the greatest talker in wrestling history there is still plenty he could do.

Any seminars he did would be captivating as he has more stories to tell than almost everyone. From breaking in as a 15 year old and debuting against Larry "The Axe" Henning and getting destroyed in 10 seconds, to headlining the first Mania and his epic feud with Hogan as Rock 'n Wrestling exploded in the mid 80s all the way to the rise and fall of WCW and the NWO. Not to mention his womanising and party days of the late 70s and early 80s that were legendary.

"He came to chew bubble gum and kick ass and he is all out of bubble gum". Has anyone seen the movie he stars in where he has to save the world? It's called when hell comes to frog town. Me and a mate watched it a couple of years ago with a carton and got a real kick out of it.

The reality of his coming to Australia would break down something like promoters from 3-4 states would probably share the return airfare and he ain't flying coach or economy as we call it. Then each individual promoter would pay to fly him to their State and pay for accommodation, meals etc and would have negotiated seminar fees, event fees and any other costs. It would not be cheap so a lot of it would depend on the Eastern States promoters playing ball. HRPW promoters and management have shown over the years they have been willing to invest on the big stars for their fans with Steve Corino (legend), Raven (piece of shit), Bushwacker Luke, Bob Holly, OJ and Chavo Guerrero Jnr... I know 6/7 years ago when I was heavily involved I spoke to DDP and he was happy to come out. Ex Wrestlers love an easy pay check and holidays where all or most of their expenses are paid.

Bottom line is he certainly is a huge chance. Get Rowdy 8)

You talking about the movie They Live. Was a surprisingly good one.
Only problem getting Piper on shows over here is that he won't draw any young fans (as they wouldn't know who he is anymore). He would get older fans for sure though; perhaps not enough to cover costs.

Batista looked and sounded terrible on Raw this week, really glad to see him back... :roll:

Anyway, bring on the Rumble Monday!
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:37 pm

I didn't like Raw but I enjoyed the D Bryan part. Liking the storyline
mighty hounds
Coach