Cruises

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Re: Cruises

Postby redandblack » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Which ship, mic?

Holland America have a reputation for having an older passenger group, but the're excellent ships and it doesn't seem to matter at all.

I was on the Maasdam from MOntreal to Boston a few years ago and an old lady asked me what I thought was the average age of Holland America passengers.

I said I didn't know and asked her what it was.

'Deceased", she said :D

Great ships, though and I liked it enough to go on an Alaskan cruise last year on the Zuiderdam.
redandblack

Postby Bully » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:29 am

it seems that seeing the titanic movie and hearing the stories and reading about it, that nothing has changed that much towards passengers escaping from a sunken or sinking cruise liner. Yes not all ships will tip on one side like the concordia has just done, but even the passenegers said it was caos in the ship as it was sinkng, the life boats couldnt be launched, the infra red camers from helicopters saw the people on the side of the boat forming a human chain to rescue themselves, people jumped into the sea, and swam to the shore.

To me, nothing has really changed for passenegers escaping?

wont talk about the captain.............what captain abandones his own ship before all passenegers are safe :roll:
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:08 am

Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby redandblack » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:44 am

Nice :D
redandblack

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:26 am

Bully wrote:it seems that seeing the titanic movie and hearing the stories and reading about it, that nothing has changed that much towards passengers escaping from a sunken or sinking cruise liner. Yes not all ships will tip on one side like the concordia has just done, but even the passenegers said it was caos in the ship as it was sinkng, the life boats couldnt be launched, the infra red camers from helicopters saw the people on the side of the boat forming a human chain to rescue themselves, people jumped into the sea, and swam to the shore.

To me, nothing has really changed for passenegers escaping?

wont talk about the captain.............what captain abandones his own ship before all passenegers are safe :roll:

It was reported the Captain was showing off to some mates on shore and he got too close to the roccks. Then the prick gets off safely and makes it to shore whilst watching people struggle to safety.
Dare say the Captain will face manslaughter charges amongst the numerous others
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3569 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Bully » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:34 am

the captain has been ordered to get back on the ship and help rescue.

Then he will face charges
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:33 pm

captian of the concordia now claims he 'fell into a life boat because it was pitch black ' :lol:
Bully
Coach

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Travel