COVID Travel

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Corona Man » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:56 am

Weekend in exotic Bendigo booked...
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10698
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 1071 times
Been liked: 2836 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: COVID Travel

Postby DOC » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:28 pm

What did you do?
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12187
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 360 times
Been liked: 1262 times

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Psyber » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:19 pm

Psyber wrote:I'm in theory travelling by plane to Tullamarine on Sunday and then driving to Ballarat for a 5 week medical locum job, It looks like it will still happen, but it had looked a bit uncertain there for a while. My wife and I have had our Covid vax...


As it turned out flights fell over and we drove to Ballarat. No problems at this end. Plan is to drive home next week end if we can.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
User avatar
Psyber
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11914
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: Now back in the Adelaide Hills.
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 318 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:21 pm

Cancelled our houseboat in November due to one of our close friends father getting cancer. :(

Just going to do a 2 person trip up to Port Douglas instead, was suprised how easy/cheap it is to to get there.
Also considered the Whitsundays and Sunshine Coast but its easier to get to Port Douglas.

$199 direct flights to Cairns is pretty damn good.

Will be vaccinated before then but no doubt covid will probably stuff it up somehow.
Hopefully at least one trip to Vic come finals time too.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 46951
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1390 times
Been liked: 3070 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:40 am

Out trip to Tassie in a months time is hanging by a thread Im guessing :roll:
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 41580
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1695 times
Been liked: 2598 times

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:26 pm

Crisp day here in Bendigo. Mrs C satisfied so far with the art galleries, and antique places visited..... Thankfully we’ve found a nice Italian bistro joint on the main strip. Coffee for her, and a glass of white for me. Relaxing day so far. Dinner tonight somewhere tossing up between a few restaurants in the local guides...
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10698
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 1071 times
Been liked: 2836 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: COVID Travel

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:31 pm

Corona Man wrote:Crisp day here in Bendigo. Mrs C satisfied so far with the art galleries, and antique places visited..... Thankfully we’ve found a nice Italian bistro joint on the main strip. Coffee for her, and a glass of white for me. Relaxing day so far. Dinner tonight somewhere tossing up between a few restaurants in the local guides...
Warmer at Bendigo than it is here....[emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 50562
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 9803 times
Been liked: 2738 times

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:05 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Crisp day here in Bendigo. Mrs C satisfied so far with the art galleries, and antique places visited..... Thankfully we’ve found a nice Italian bistro joint on the main strip. Coffee for her, and a glass of white for me. Relaxing day so far. Dinner tonight somewhere tossing up between a few restaurants in the local guides...
Warmer at Bendigo than it is here....[emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Stuff me if there wasn’t a pub 200 meters up the road with a roaring fire... toasting the buns and sampling a cheeky Carlton Draught...
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10698
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 1071 times
Been liked: 2836 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: COVID Travel

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:31 pm

Heading to Pt Douglas next week 8)
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
User avatar
PatowalongaPirate
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4038
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am
Location: Tiger Land
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 932 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Corona Man » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:24 am

About to scrape the ice of the chariot before heading to the local farmers market, followed by Bendigo Pottery.

Banking some serious brownie points this weekend.

Minus 1 overnight... :shock:
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10698
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 1071 times
Been liked: 2836 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Psyber » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:34 am

We had an interesting trip back from Ballarat because we had to delay our return. I had no problem with my cross border pass to return to SA, but my wife had been to visit family in St Marys in NSW - when it was still officially a "green zone". She had no problem getting back to Victoria, but SA wouldn't let us back until she had spent the last 14 days in Victoria and didn't have to mention St Marys in her travel history...

So we went from Ballarat to Apollo Bay, then to Port Fairy, Halls Gap, and finally Casterton, via circuitous routes and saw a lot of the region. It was foggy and cold in the Grampians!
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
User avatar
Psyber
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11914
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: Now back in the Adelaide Hills.
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 318 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Corona Man » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:58 pm

Corona Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Crisp day here in Bendigo. Mrs C satisfied so far with the art galleries, and antique places visited..... Thankfully we’ve found a nice Italian bistro joint on the main strip. Coffee for her, and a glass of white for me. Relaxing day so far. Dinner tonight somewhere tossing up between a few restaurants in the local guides...
Warmer at Bendigo than it is here....[emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Stuff me if there wasn’t a pub 200 meters up the road with a roaring fire... toasting the buns and sampling a cheeky Carlton Draught...

I’ve learnt today that there are apparently 36 pubs in Bendigo....Sounds like a challenge to me!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10698
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 1071 times
Been liked: 2836 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:30 am

Kangaroo Island for 3 nights in between jobs early August, any accommodation suggestions?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 51780
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 5932 times
Been liked: 8820 times

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:50 am

Booney wrote:Kangaroo Island for 3 nights in between jobs early August, any accommodation suggestions?

Southern Ocean lodge - oh hang on.
I've only stayed at the Ozone and in an AirBnB house on Brownlow (Kingscote). Ozone is pretty stock standard hotel accomm. But is across the road from the pub and a 2 minute walk to other pub in kingscote, and a great breakfast joint called cactus cafe
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4640
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 375 times
Been liked: 562 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Pag » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:28 pm

Booney wrote:Kangaroo Island for 3 nights in between jobs early August, any accommodation suggestions?

We hired a house in Emu Bay. Beautiful little spot 10-15 mins from Kingscote but would be freezing in August (as would most of the island).
User avatar
Pag
Coach
 
Posts: 5330
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:57 pm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 455 times

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:14 am

Pag wrote:
Booney wrote:Kangaroo Island for 3 nights in between jobs early August, any accommodation suggestions?

We hired a house in Emu Bay. Beautiful little spot 10-15 mins from Kingscote but would be freezing in August (as would most of the island).


Staying at Island Beach.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 51780
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 5932 times
Been liked: 8820 times

Re: COVID Travel

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:49 pm

Booney wrote:
Pag wrote:
Booney wrote:Kangaroo Island for 3 nights in between jobs early August, any accommodation suggestions?

We hired a house in Emu Bay. Beautiful little spot 10-15 mins from Kingscote but would be freezing in August (as would most of the island).


Staying at Island Beach.


If you like seafood there's a place in American River that does a great local seafood platter. Don't remember the name but it had to be booked in advance.

Also night time driving can be dangerous with possums casually running across the road following the light.
mighty hounds
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6803
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:08 pm
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 278 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: COVID Travel

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:38 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Booney wrote:
Pag wrote:
Booney wrote:Kangaroo Island for 3 nights in between jobs early August, any accommodation suggestions?

We hired a house in Emu Bay. Beautiful little spot 10-15 mins from Kingscote but would be freezing in August (as would most of the island).


Staying at Island Beach.


If you like seafood there's a place in American River that does a great local seafood platter. Don't remember the name but it had to be booked in advance.

Also night time driving can be dangerous with possums casually running across the road following the light.


There's only one seafoood place in American River, so you can't miss it and yes, the seafood is DIVINE
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 25910
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1504 times
Been liked: 1965 times

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Travel

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest