Scandinavia

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Scandinavia

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:46 am

There's some seriously cheap flights to Norway and Sweden from the UK at the moment with Ryanair, €30 retun, £13 one way etc, so I'm thinking of doing a bit of a random weekend trip in a couple weeks, was thinking I'd fly to Stockholm after work Friday night, spend all day Saturday there and then get an overnight bus to Oslo to spend Sunday and get a late night flight back to London to be ready for work on the Monday morning 8)

I've heard it's quite expensive once you're there though, and I've been to Copenhagen and if that's anything to go by then it will be pretty pricey once I'm on the ground, but I'm still pretty fairly keen to check it all out and think I could still keep it all fairly cheap and make it viable, by taking the overnight bus to Oslo I'm only up for 1 nights accommodation in Stockholm.

So to those that have been is it worth spending a weekend on? I'm not expecting to explore either city in too much depth while I'm there, but is it still worth going to spend the best part of a day in each?
''I can't think back to a time where Australia have been so convincingly beaten'' - Mark Taylor in regards to the 2010/11 Ashes series.
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Board index   General Talk  Travel