FNQ

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

FNQ

Postby Booney » Thu May 24, 2012 12:56 pm

10 days in Cairns coming up, cant wait.

Doing a Daintree Canopy swing ride, day on the reef, two nights in Port Douglas.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7532 times
Been liked: 10839 times

Re: FNQ

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 25, 2012 11:41 am

White water rafting is great up there
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2343 times
Been liked: 3611 times

Postby Dirko » Fri May 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Do the Cairns-Kuranda train and have a beer in the Barron Falls Hotel....
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon May 28, 2012 10:22 am

Been several times so have done the Kuranda Train / Sky Rail thing.

Doing a reef cruise / dive, sunset cruise with just me and Mrs.Boon and have two days in Cape Trib at the Grand-mother in-laws. A fishing charter with me and Junior one day and a golf day with the brother-in-law too.

Will bring some bugs and muddies home with me for a get together with mates when we get back.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby wycbloods » Mon May 28, 2012 11:10 am

Booney wrote:Been several times so have done the Kuranda Train / Sky Rail thing.

Doing a reef cruise / dive, sunset cruise with just me and Mrs.Boon and have two days in Cape Trib at the Grand-mother in-laws. A fishing charter with me and Junior one day and a golf day with the brother-in-law too.

Will bring some bugs and muddies home with me for a get together with mates when we get back.

Cool just give me a buzz when you get back. :D :D
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 28, 2012 1:28 pm

wycbloods wrote:
Booney wrote:Been several times so have done the Kuranda Train / Sky Rail thing.

Before or after the get together? ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby wycbloods » Mon May 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Booney wrote:
wycbloods wrote:

Before or after the get together? ;)

Before would be the preference but if you make it after you can just drop the bugs and muddies around after you have cooked them up. :D :D
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Sploosh » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:46 pm

Heading up there later myself... Only for 2 days on the way to Japan... Any recommendations for things to do actually in Cairns town itself...
Sploosh
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:59 pm

Sit in the Rattle 'n' Hum bar on the Esplanade and watch the backpackers walk by.... \:D/ Cairns city itself doesn't offer much to the tourist, you need to head up to the Tablelands, North to Port Douglas/Daintree or off the coast to an island or reef tour.

Seriously though, if you've got a full day to use up, get on the Sky Rail up to Kuranda and do the train back ( or vice versa ).

Kuranda isn't much to behold anymore ( unless you like an incense fuelled hippy market ) but the Sky Rail is well worth the effort, gives you a great view of the area.

Or, do a full day or half day to Green Island. Snorkel on the reef, excellent fun.

Two days will be filled up pretty quickly. My advice would be a reef day and a day chilling by the lagoon and having a few frosties before heading off again.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:04 am

Booney wrote:Sit in the Rattle 'n' Hum bar on the Esplanade and watch the backpackers walk by.... \:D/ Cairns city itself doesn't offer much to the tourist, you need to head up to the Tablelands, North to Port Douglas/Daintree or off the coast to an island or reef tour.

Seriously though, if you've got a full day to use up, get on the Sky Rail up to Kuranda and do the train back ( or vice versa ).

Kuranda isn't much to behold anymore ( unless you like an incense fuelled hippy market ) but the Sky Rail is well worth the effort, gives you a great view of the area.

Or, do a full day or half day to Green Island. Snorkel on the reef, excellent fun.

Two days will be filled up pretty quickly. My advice would be a reef day and a day chilling by the lagoon and having a few frosties before heading off again.

my bro worked there in port douglas for bout 2 years... he loved it... great place...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3039 times
Been liked: 2407 times

Board index   General Talk  Travel