Advice re next holiday

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Re: Advice re next holiday

Postby Pag » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:59 am

Also depends on how much you like ports/sea days. NZ gives you a block of 3 sea days, then generally 6-8 port days in a row, then 3-4 sea days back to Aus. Some people prefer itineraries that break the sea/port days up more. Completely individual preference.

I've cruised NZ and enjoyed it (was definitely a great way to spend a day in Fiordland), but the downside is no Queenstown (inland) and I would've liked to have stayed in Wellington longer.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Grenville » Wed May 22, 2019 5:39 pm

Missus wants to go to Port Douglas in October, anyone been there? If so was it any good?
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:43 pm

Grenville wrote:Missus wants to go to Port Douglas in October, anyone been there? If so was it any good?

Beautiful but you might need to re-mortgage your house. [emoji3]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed May 22, 2019 5:53 pm

Grenville wrote:Missus wants to go to Port Douglas in October, anyone been there? If so was it any good?

October is a good time to go if you like ocean swimming as the stingers don't return until November. Bloody beautiful country up there.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Grenville » Wed May 22, 2019 6:18 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:

October is a good time to go if you like ocean swimming as the stingers don't return until November. Bloody beautiful country up there.

She was looking at booking about 24th Sept for 8-9 nights. Pool Resort Port Douglas any good? Plenty to amuse the billylids?
Grenville
Veteran

Postby mickey » Wed May 22, 2019 8:09 pm

Anyone been too Las Vegas recently? Turning 40 next year and thinking of doing what I want instead of a party like everyone else wants

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Bum Crack » Thu May 23, 2019 8:48 am

We were up that way last month. We stayed at palm cove about 30 minutes away. Had a hit of golf at pt douglas but I thought palm cove was nicer. U considered staying there? Nice joints on the esplanade with pools for kids etc and lots to do close by. Good food as well.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu May 23, 2019 10:24 am

Grenville wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:

She was looking at booking about 24th Sept for 8-9 nights. Pool Resort Port Douglas any good? Plenty to amuse the billylids?

I've been there in late September and the weather was great. Renting a car is highly desirable as there is plenty to go and see.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Thu May 23, 2019 10:32 am

Grenville wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:

Day trip up to the Daintree, day out on the reef ( I really like Poseidon boat ), hire a pontoon boat to go along the inlet, spot some crocs, in Cairns for a wander around and hit the lagoon on the foreshore for an afternoon, spot some backpackers, train up to Kuranda, Hartley'c Croc Farm, plenty of good spots to head for a day out and yes, hire car is a must.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Grenville » Sat May 25, 2019 6:01 pm

Cheers all, the missus booked same night. Sounds good. A mate has stayed at Cairns a couple of times and reckons he'd move there quite happily.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby Booney » Mon May 27, 2019 11:38 am

Grenville wrote:Cheers all, the missus booked same night. Sounds good. A mate has stayed at Cairns a couple of times and reckons he'd move there quite happily.

If I was forced to up and leave Adelaide I reckon Perth > Cairns > Brisbane > Melbourne and **** Sydney.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:40 am

Booney wrote:
Grenville wrote:Cheers all, the missus booked same night. Sounds good. A mate has stayed at Cairns a couple of times and reckons he'd move there quite happily.

If I was forced to up and leave Adelaide I reckon Perth > Cairns > Brisbane > Melbourne and **** Sydney.

too expensive to live there...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 27, 2019 11:41 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Too many Sydney wankers. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:42 am

I just don’t get the attraction with Perth. Would be the last capital city I’d move to
Jim05
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:55 am

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Too many Sydney wankers. ;)

and it's a sh*thole... Not a huge fan of the place. Would probably be the last on my list aswell
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:01 pm

Anyone with some recommendations for accomodarion around Darling Harbour?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:14 pm

Wedgie wrote:Anyone with some recommendations for accomodarion around Darling Harbour?

As Accor members the Sofitel Darling Harbour is one of our favourites. It can be pricey but it’s worth it. The Novotel is cheaper and also in a decent spot
Jim05
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:08 pm

Cheers, got a deal at the Hyatt Regency dirt cheap so went with that. Its only for 2 nights before we jump on a ship.
(which I swore I'd never do again! )
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby vondes » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:44 am

For example, I spend my winter holidays like this: firstly, at Christmas, my family and I always sit at around a festive table. Secondly, I love walking with my friends and the dog on the street, running on snow. Of course, I do my homework and order an essay from the free essay writing service. But, for example, my summer holidays go like this: we often gather with friends on the street and play various entertaining games. How do you spend your holidays?
vondes
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Angle Vale

Postby FlyingHigh » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:31 pm

I'm a little naive on some of this, but has anyone ever used Agoda.com to book accommodation?
What was it like, and are their any tricks to it?
I have tried to send messages to the hotel via their portal and got no answer so I'm wondering if they don't get answered until I pay for it? I have also tried to phone and email the place direct with the numbers provided but no luck.
I'm sort of wondering whether the place may have gone out of business because of this, but they were showing on the various accommodation booking websites and when I booked mine, it was the last one and then changed their availability to fully booked, so it seemed legit as it is likely to be a busy time and a lot of other accommodation was taken.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Travel