Cars

Cars, V8 racing, F1 racing, motorbikes, vintage, new, mechanical

Re: Cars

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:22 pm

tipper wrote:seeing as this thread seems to have devolved into me just talking to myself, ill ignore the hint and keep gong ;)

im planning on joining this on saturday: https://adelaideautoexpo.com.au/expo-ev ... el-cruise/

i rode in a mates car last year, and had a ball. not sure where the cruise is to this year, last year it was up and down anzac highway between glenelg and the city. we ended up parking at kmart to grab a feed and just watch everyone go past. the daughter, 11 at the time, had a bit of an education at the end of the night when we did the hindley st cruise on our way home :lol:

will be my last drive for a little while probably as the nova goes in monday to have the blowout damage fixed. not sure how long that will take, but ill assume it will be a couple of weeks at least.

Apologies, been away and then had to actually work.

Yeah, barring a late disaster I'm locked into attending. Made sure everything was vacuumed yesterday & will get the chamois out this week.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby tipper » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:28 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
tipper wrote:seeing as this thread seems to have devolved into me just talking to myself, ill ignore the hint and keep gong ;)

im planning on joining this on saturday: https://adelaideautoexpo.com.au/expo-ev ... el-cruise/

i rode in a mates car last year, and had a ball. not sure where the cruise is to this year, last year it was up and down anzac highway between glenelg and the city. we ended up parking at kmart to grab a feed and just watch everyone go past. the daughter, 11 at the time, had a bit of an education at the end of the night when we did the hindley st cruise on our way home :lol:

will be my last drive for a little while probably as the nova goes in monday to have the blowout damage fixed. not sure how long that will take, but ill assume it will be a couple of weeks at least.

Apologies, been away and then had to actually work.

Yeah, barring a late disaster I'm locked into attending. Made sure everything was vacuumed yesterday & will get the chamois out this week.

no need to apologise mate. im just having a dig at myself for having what, 5 out of the last 6 posts?

anyone would think im looking for attention :roll:

cleaning the car sounds like a good idea. i probably should consider that too, lol.

ill be the fat bearded bloke with the yellow nova with the vinyl roof. ill keep an eye out for a young fella in glasses and a cowboy hat and ill come say hi ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:20 pm

Noted, I'll keep an eye out.

I'll be the one in the family truckster still trying to figure out what entrant entry level applies to the Zippel cruise!
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby tipper » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:23 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:Noted, I'll keep an eye out.

I'll be the one in the family truckster still trying to figure out what entrant entry level applies to the Zippel cruise!

yeah, the website doesnt exactly make that clear does it?

im planning on just showing up and waving my card at whoever is on the gate. just swipe it for whatever they charge and be done with it.

i did see that this year the cruisers are coming in from leader st, and parking on the oval. last year they all came in past the ferris wheel and parked right out the front of the jubilee pavilion. must be expecting more cars this year.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Bandit » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:33 pm

I have parked in both spots over the years and generally just follow the crowd. Hoping to be there sat night too although weather looking a bit avg.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby tipper » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:16 am

well, auto expo was ok. wasnt as big as previous years, but id guess that was because there were basically no interstate cars (borders closed etc). still glad i went along.

was pretty good checking out the barracuda in the elite hall, considering the guys that built it (auto transformers out at para hills west) are fixing my nova from today (i was going to ask if the barracuda was a loan car, but they looked busy so left the dad jokes alone)

bumped into the milky bar kid, was good to see you mate. and i really do like your wagon. ive got a soft spot for wagons since i learnt to drive in a kingswood wagon many, many years ago, and there is just something about those wood paneled ones like yours that just looks right.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:32 am

Saw a bit of the cruise Saturday night, a pimped blue Mercury I think it is, what a machine.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Bandit » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:34 pm

Yes was a good night although I spent more time looking at the RC drift cars than the real cars with my 4yo! Ended up being one of the last cars off the grass when leaving.

The maroon and blue hotrods at the main hall entrance were a standout but yeah when going into the elite area its really is a whole nother level… dream cars for sure, some big $ spent in there.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Postby Bandit » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:23 pm

https://youtu.be/NDYfn7CYFmM
Iron Empire episode from auto expo, only came across him a year or so back via the dixon channel but have since gone through and watched almost everything - pretty good style with a lot of DIY which i like.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Postby tipper » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:43 pm

Bandit wrote:https://youtu.be/NDYfn7CYFmM
Iron Empire episode from auto expo, only came across him a year or so back via the dixon channel but have since gone through and watched almost everything - pretty good style with a lot of DIY which i like.

ill have to put that on the list of you tube to watch :) cheers for the heads up.

i got my Nova back tuesday. looks fantastic, the people at Auto Transformers have done a great job.

now im back to driving it. have a wife and kid free night tomorrow night, so might just have to take out another mortgage and burn through some fuel to keep myself occupied :)
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Corona Man » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:51 am

Zoning in on a new car. Been in the “research” phase for about 6 months.

Narrowed it down to 3 vehicles. A pre owned low K’s and a couple of demonstrators.

All comes down to the changeover now.

Had my Honda Accord since new, getting onto 9 years now, it’s served me very well. Looking to make the next step up in terms of vehicle type.

The 3 all drive nice. One option has significantly more features and is the preferred option at this point. All are same make/model.

Will finalise a deal early next week I think…in principle sign off by Mrs C secured. That’s important too.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby tipper » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:31 am

Corona Man wrote:Zoning in on a new car. Been in the “research” phase for about 6 months.

Narrowed it down to 3 vehicles. A pre owned low K’s and a couple of demonstrators.

Had my Honda Accord since new, getting onto 9 years now, it’s served me very well. Looking to make the next step up in terms of vehicle type.

The 3 all drive nice. One option has significantly more features and is the preferred option at this point. All are same make/model.

Will finalise a deal early next week I think…in principle sign off by Mrs C secured. That’s important too.

so, did you get it? and what is it?
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Corona Man » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:37 pm

tipper wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Zoning in on a new car. Been in the “research” phase for about 6 months.

so, did you get it? and what is it?

Will take delivery early in the new year

Merc.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby tipper » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:57 pm

Ooh, noice.

Definitely out of my price range

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:45 am

Picked up the new wheels on Wednesday.

Need a bloody degree to work all the gadgets… stuff me spent more time playing in it, than driving it so far.

Will spend the next 2 weeks getting used to it, before a drive over to Adelaide to give her a nice work out.

It’s a bloody nice ride, very comfortable and extremely quiet. Bugger all road noise.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:53 pm

Corona Man wrote:Picked up the new wheels on Wednesday.

Need a bloody degree to work all the gadgets… stuff me spent more time playing in it, than driving it so far.

Will spend the next 2 weeks getting used to it, before a drive over to Adelaide to give her a nice work out.

It’s a bloody nice ride, very comfortable and extremely quiet. Bugger all road noise.

I steer clear of the missus Mazda 3 we bought new last year, beautiful car, but the amount of freaking buttons, gadgets, cameras, steering wheel and seat warmers, sunroof, etc in are crazy not to mention the constant beeping, etc to warn you if a cloud is overhead, is crazy.
I stick with my 15 to car that has steering wheel buttons that control my radio/Bluetooth and cruise control. That does me.
The poor old dog only gets a gig in my car too, despite originally being the missus dog as dog hair isn't allowed in her car or on the leather seats! :roll:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:30 pm

I'm doing a charity drive this weekend in the truckster, if anyone is interested in following the journey

https://www.facebook.com/theboldcitycruise
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby Psyber » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:17 am

Psyber wrote:
Psyber wrote:Looks good, Booney, and friends who have had them have been happy.

My current interest is the Renault Megane RS 265 - quite impressive handling and performance.

The problem is that no one wants to trade in an 18 year old Audi - even a hot model like the S2 - mainly because it is a rare vehicle and has a limited market.
I do have a couple of private collectors showing interest and am waiting for their offers.
Frankly though, I'd keep the Audi if I could do my own maintenance.

Well in the end I parted with my Suzuki GV3 and my 18 year old Audi S2 and bought the Renault Megane RS 265 Cup chassis model.
Running one car just made sense.

I had misgivings about Renault's overall reliability rating but the RS 265 was great to drive, and it hasn't put a foot (wheel?) wrong in 4 months.
I even succumbed to the yellow because I got a good deal on a demo, and it grows on you.
http://www.renault.com.au/vehicles/spor ... rs/265-cup

My Renault RS 265 is now heading for 8 years old and has been totally reliable, and great to drive. I plan to keep it until it dies.
I now rate as the best car I've ever had.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:01 am

Collected a MY21 Subaru Outback Premium on Friday, very happy with it, nice little upgrade on the previous motor.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Bandit » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:02 pm

Drivin with Dixon / Iron Empire / Speed off the Street event at Mallala Sunday 19 June.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLH4J18J9RY
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Motoring/Motorsport