2013 Formula 1 World Championship

Cars, V8 racing, F1 racing, motorbikes, vintage, new, mechanical

Re: 2013 Formula 1 World Championship

Postby test » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:22 am

mickey wrote:
test wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
test wrote:If I was Vettel I would of done the same thing. It's not a team sport, your there to win races, and 3 world championships says he's a better driver. Why on earth would he give up a win so Webber can cruise to a victory??? Webber has always been second fiddle to him, there no shame in that either by the way, so cop it on the chin.

Your F1 knowledge is clearly lacking. Who do the drivers drive for? Take as much time as you need!

My lack of knowledge is lacking? Are drivers paid and recruited on theirs teams efforts or their own???? Don't need any more time thanks....

The drivers are recruited on their ability to do a job for the team. Teams have a number 1 driver who gets the benefits of the being the number 1... ever heard of things like team rules and instructions during races?

Vettels the number one driver and he won the race, your backing up my point with half of your post.
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby mickey » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:15 am

But the team order was to not overtake.. old how Hamilton got 3rd
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 314 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby toot toot » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:36 am

test wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
test wrote:If I was Vettel I would of done the same thing. It's not a team sport, your there to win races, and 3 world championships says he's a better driver. Why on earth would he give up a win so Webber can cruise to a victory??? Webber has always been second fiddle to him, there no shame in that either by the way, so cop it on the chin.

Your F1 knowledge is clearly lacking. Who do the drivers drive for? Take as much time as you need!

My lack of knowledge is lacking? Are drivers paid and recruited on theirs teams efforts or their own???? Don't need any more time thanks....

Drivers are paid by their teams, so the team can decide what they want from their drivers. If your boss told you not to do something would you go ahead and do it anyway? and I'm sure finishing 2nd to Webber wouldn't have hurt his chances to be recruited by another team.
toot toot
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:14 am

Thanks i couldnt be bothered explaining it. The fact MW turns down his engine under team orders and shit for brains pounces really explains it all. :twisted:

Maybe this year i might tackle a few of my own team mates in the goal square so i can kick all the goals :roll:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby RustyCage » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:25 pm

former F1 driver John Watson has called for Vettel to be suspended for a race after what he did on Sunday, and his view has a lot of support from those involved in F1 currently
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:13 pm

Who?

Suspension is a bit over the top isn't it?
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:18 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Who?

Suspension is a bit over the top isn't it?

John Watson was a Northern Irish F1 driver from the late 70's early 80's. Has won a handful of races as well.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby W.P.U.J.C.Vaas » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:06 pm

cannot see a 1 race suspension by red bull happenening, especially in F1 these days, imagine the uproar in Germany! Lets hope webber gets revenge somewhere- preferrably at the German GP that'll stick it up Vettel.
W.P.U.J.C.Vaas
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby RustyCage » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:38 pm

It won't happen I know, but it shows what Vettel did was pretty bad, not just a "who cares, good on him" situation as has been said by some. I think if Seb had taken Mark out in the move for the lead, then a suspension may possibly have been on the cards, but Mark was right in saying that Seb will have the protection of Red Bull so nothing will happen
RustyCage

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:30 pm

Some of us like to see racing. What's wrong with that?
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby W.P.U.J.C.Vaas » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:04 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Some of us like to see racing. What's wrong with that?

all racing fans like to see good, fair & clean racing, which is quite the opposite of what vettel did in this instance.
W.P.U.J.C.Vaas
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby purch » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:43 pm

W.P.U.J.C.Vaas wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:Some of us like to see racing. What's wrong with that?

all racing fans like to see good, fair & clean racing, which is quite the opposite of what vettel did in this instance.

Exactly.

Ambushing your team mate by not abiding to the teams wishes after Multi21 has been called is not racing.

Not only that but he went on to use KERS in overtaking mode afterwards, running the system to its limit and making his engineer very nervous.

So Seb had max KERS and engine turned up, whilst Mark had the opposite...not exactly a contest.

He has disobeyed his bosses.

Prost was sacked by Ferrari when he criticised the car. When Schumacher got "bigger than the team" di Montezemolo got rid of him and replaced him with Kimi, causing Schumi to retire...

Jackie Stewart says: "I used to regard him (Vettel) as the most intelligent and worldly 25-year-old I have ever seen racing, but not any more. I think he made a major mistake, and I really cannot understand what was going on in his head. He made a very serious error of judgement over what was right and what was wrong."

Niki Lauda: "Vettel won with all his might against the logic of the team. It was a serious mistake."

Patrick Tambay: "I think the true character of Sebastian Vettel has been revealed. "Outside the car, he is smiling and has the reputation for being very friendly. But when he puts on his helmet, he becomes...an ogre."
"And look at John Halbert"
" His whiskers have curled."
purch
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby purch » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Complete BS. It IS a team sport. There is a Constructors Title too...where do you think all the $$ come from? :roll:

Sebastian Vettel would be a nobody without Red Bull...and now he pays them back by insulting the team's (weak) hierarchy.
"And look at John Halbert"
" His whiskers have curled."
purch
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:04 pm

Perfectly and eloquently put Purch =D> =D> Over to the troglodyte meat heads for their naive rebuttal....or maybe the experts, you, me, Mr Webber and the rest of us with integrity are wrong :roll:

I don't mean to be rude or offensive to those of you that believe that selfish little prick was free to cheat his team but your opinion in my opinion is just completely wrong and I hate Vettel like poison
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:51 am

Such a team sport that they don't speak to each other, don't share information, have separate engineers. Sometimes the only thing they have in common is the same colours on their cars.

Like I said earlier, nice guys finish 2nd. I'm sure Vettel will let Webber have a couple of consolation wins at some stage.

Why didn't Webber turn the wick up on his car and hold his position if he was just as quick, instead of allowing Vettel to pass?
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:53 am

purch wrote:
Sebastian Vettel would be a nobody without Red Bull...and now he pays them back by insulting the team's (weak) hierarchy.

Well that's utter bullshit and you know it. IF you truly believe that, then what does it say about Webber?
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:49 am

purch wrote:Patrick Tambay: "I think the true character of Sebastian Vettel has been revealed. "Outside the car, he is smiling and has the reputation for being very friendly. But when he puts on his helmet, he becomes...an ogre."

He is the perfect person to ask questions about team mate rivalry given how he got his 1982 drive
RustyCage

Postby test » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:24 am

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Such a team sport that they don't speak to each other, don't share information, have separate engineers. Sometimes the only thing they have in common is the same colours on their cars.

Like I said earlier, nice guys finish 2nd. I'm sure Vettel will let Webber have a couple of consolation wins at some stage.

Why didn't Webber turn the wick up on his car and hold his position if he was just as quick, instead of allowing Vettel to pass?

It's also such a team sport that at the end of the race the WINNER stands on the number 1 podium. They don't put team mates up there for scoring maximum team points do they?
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby RustyCage » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:12 pm

No but they have someone representing the winning constructor on the podium.

It's a team sport. Always has been. Always will be. There has always been deals in place within a team to deal with two drivers being together on the track. There are many occasions where a race has lasted less than 10 seconds as teams say whoever leads after the first corner won't be challenged by the team mate.

Breaking that agreement is what is considered the cause of Gilles Villenueve's death.
RustyCage

Postby Sky Pilot » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:22 pm

purch wrote:

Complete BS. It IS a team sport. There is a Constructors Title too...where do you think all the $$ come from? :roll:

The outrage created by Vettel has given Red Bull the biggest publicity squirt imagineable, hence I suspect they don't really care
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Motoring/Motorsport