smoking

Losing Weight, Health, Body Building, Fitness, Exercising, Nutrition, etc.

Re: smoking

Postby A Mum » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:00 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
I can answer this mate because it used to be me. When you think you don't have a future and you are young you just don't friggin care. For those who are in the same boat but are older then it's a case of 'hasn't hurt me so far' and later on it's 'ya gotta die of something'.

Job done.

regards,

REB

Sounds like exactly what my mum says - along with:
"Could go out and get hit by a bus tomorrow"

PS: Well done CP - keep going O:)
You get what you give....
A Mum
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby JAS » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:13 am

Congrats from me also C_P.

I stopped about 7 years ago now and if I can do it anyone can. If you need an incentive just keep looking at those 2 beautiful boys of yours.

Regards
JAS
You can't be a pirate if you don't have a beard. I said so. MY boat, MY rules.

We haven't got a plank. Just ******* jump

Trust no one The truth is everyone is going to let you down you eventually
JAS
Coach

Postby Big Phil » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:53 am

Great work CP (& LBT), keep it up fellas...

After being a pack a day smoker for about 8 years, I can now proudly say I went cold turkey and tomorrow will be 10 months since my last smoke.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby goraw » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:39 am

well this thread has inspired me into quitting as of right now. if the media can do it so can i ;) it is so bloody hard to not light up when drinking booze though!! thats the only thing holding me back.ive always wanted to give up but i make excuses for it all the time.THATS IT NO MORE EXCUSES FOR ME.crushing the packet right now.everytime i want to light up im reading this thread again. ok day 1.
goraw
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: Gaza

Postby JK » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:17 pm

Brilliant stuff GORAW, good luck with it mate ... I got a bit lucky in some respects because I came down with the flu, which brought with it a nasty cough and as with those anti-smoking ads, my immediate thought was of my kids.

Coopers Hill on Friday night was my biggest test, and I was antsy a coupla times but I was never going to have a smoke .. Grab yourself one of those Inhaler thingy's, I've found it really helpful for those few times when the cravings were at their strongest.

Well done BP and JAS and everyone else who has quit .. I know I haven't gone long enough to talk like a reformed smoker (but I will), but seriously if I can quit then anyone can, I was pretty dedicated to it lol.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby pels » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:23 pm

Well done to all those that have quit and trying to quit, seeing what my old man is going through now after he was 2pack a day smoker for 40 years it really hits home the damage they do.
So keep going for your familys sake at least.
I reckon those commercials with the bloke coughing up blood drive the message home
pels
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 7 times

Postby goraw » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:58 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:Brilliant stuff GORAW, good luck with it mate ... I got a bit lucky in some respects because I came down with the flu, which brought with it a nasty cough and as with those anti-smoking ads, my immediate thought was of my kids.

Coopers Hill on Friday night was my biggest test, and I was antsy a coupla times but I was never going to have a smoke .. Grab yourself one of those Inhaler thingy's, I've found it really helpful for those few times when the cravings were at their strongest.

Well done BP and JAS and everyone else who has quit .. I know I haven't gone long enough to talk like a reformed smoker (but I will), but seriously if I can quit then anyone can, I was pretty dedicated to it lol.

cheers mate, and well done to u overcoming a massive hurdle at the footy too.

those inhalers, do they have actual nicotine in it ?
goraw
League - Best 21

Postby JK » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:14 pm

goraw wrote:
Constance_Perm wrote:Brilliant stuff GORAW, good luck with it mate ... I got a bit lucky in some respects because I came down with the flu, which brought with it a nasty cough and as with those anti-smoking ads, my immediate thought was of my kids.

Yeah mate, so they address the cravings ... Obviously the next step will be to stop using them completely, but that shouldn't be hard because I only use them for maybe 30 mins a day.

According to the chick from the Quitline that I was talking with last week, she said I'd still be avoiding the 4,000 odd other chemicals in the cigarette that does more damage than the nicotine apparently.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:14 pm

pels wrote:I reckon those commercials with the bloke coughing up blood drive the message home

Yep, bigtime
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:
pels wrote:I reckon those commercials with the bloke coughing up blood drive the message home

Yep, bigtime

Question from the Non-smoker : Has it really taken that ad to do it?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:28 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:

Yep, bigtime

Does anyone else think that guy is punching above his weight?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby JK » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:28 pm

Booney wrote:
Constance_Perm wrote:

Yep, bigtime

Question from the Non-smoker : Has it really taken that ad to do it?

I don't think it's ever just one thing that does it mate, it's several, each carrying enough weight to be a factor.

I was pretty self destructive through my 20's and 30's, and always figured that if my excessive ways were my downfall then so be it - I didn't have anyone relying on me as I do these days.

So all the other commercials about cancer, blindness and gangrene didn't deter me at all .. But the more recent campaign where parents are leaving their dependants behind certainly carries weight.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:06 pm

OnSong wrote:
Constance_Perm wrote:

Yep, bigtime

Absolutely!
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby goraw » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:09 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:
goraw wrote:

Yeah mate, so they address the cravings ... Obviously the next step will be to stop using them completely, but that shouldn't be hard because I only use them for maybe 30 mins a day.

According to the chick from the Quitline that I was talking with last week, she said I'd still be avoiding the 4,000 odd other chemicals in the cigarette that does more damage than the nicotine apparently.

yes they certainly do satisfy. just got 1 and cheaper than i thought too.
goraw
League - Best 21

Postby JK » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:41 pm

goraw wrote:
Constance_Perm wrote:
goraw wrote:

yes they certainly do satisfy. just got 1 and cheaper than i thought too.

Great stuff mate, good luck with it .. If you're feeling the pinch then jump on here and vent or sign up with the Quitline SMS support system - I'm finding they're making me determined to quit just so I can stop getting all the **** messages they are sending :lol:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby goraw » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:02 pm

hehe, sounds like they doin there job properly then mate.had 1 of those cartriges and boy are they strong or what?near killed me :lol: im going totally off the durries too. just gunna try and ween off these cartriges in 3 months or so.
goraw
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:02 pm

OnSong wrote:
Constance_Perm wrote:

Yep, bigtime

Probably why she keeps buying them for him.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:05 pm

I can't work out why I'm so hopeless, I have one at 6:55am and don't have another one til 5pm, even after that I'll probably only have two or three for the evening at the most, if the fun police gave up I reckon I could.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby goraw » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:44 am

really liking this inhaler. having 1 now. surpressed the addiction yesterday and now.
goraw
League - Best 21

Postby Dirko » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:44 am

goraw wrote:really liking this inhaler. having 1 now. surpressed the addiction yesterday and now.

Is it similar to an E-Cigarette ?
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Health & Fitness