Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:02 pm

I debuted the Roadhouse Grill at the Waterloo Station last week after hearing a fair bit about it.

They had a decent beer on special which was a good start and the pricing was quite good, I got the 300g rump medium rare which came in at under $20 and my friend took the chicken Schnitty at $17.
My steak was cooked to perfection, the salad and sides that accompanied my steak were very nice, her Schnitty was apparently nice, it looked pretty big and she wasn't able to eat it all, as much as I wanted to I avoided leaning across and devouring her leftovers.

All up it was a good feed for pretty much spot on $50 with a beer and a white, I won $50 in the pokies while I was waiting for her to arrive anyway so it was win/win, I'll be going back there with family so I can get a bigger steak and reveal my inner pig.

8/10
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:04 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I debuted the Roadhouse Grill at the Waterloo Station last week after hearing a fair bit about it.

They had a decent beer on special which was a good start and the pricing was quite good, I got the 300g rump medium rare which came in at under $20 and my friend took the chicken Schnitty at $17.
My steak was cooked to perfection, the salad and sides that accompanied my steak were very nice, her Schnitty was apparently nice, it looked pretty big and she wasn't able to eat it all, as much as I wanted to I avoided leaning across and devouring her leftovers.

All up it was a good feed for pretty much spot on $50 with a beer and a white, I won $50 in the pokies while I was waiting for her to arrive anyway so it was win/win, I'll be going back there with family so I can get a bigger steak and reveal my inner pig.

8/10

And how was "ahem" dessert later on.....
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5530 times
Been liked: 5161 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby HH3 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:06 pm

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I debuted the Roadhouse Grill at the Waterloo Station last week after hearing a fair bit about it.

8/10

And how was "ahem" dessert later on.....

He already said, he lent over and devoured her leftovers...
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:26 pm

The joys of dating, I'll only ever meet them at the venue for the first date, chicks and their phones are usually the sign for me to sneak off to the dunny and text my daughter to interrupt me in 10 minutes with an emergency.
I don't claim to be any sort of prize catch but I've learnt that it doesn't matter how hot a chick is, she's usually someone's ex for a reason, I'd rather miss out than take on a head case.
This was a good one though, we ate dinner at around 7:30 and then she left my house at 3am, I managed to sneak 3 hours sleep in before work.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:The joys of dating, I'll only ever meet them at the venue for the first date, chicks and their phones are usually the sign for me to sneak off to the dunny and text my daughter to interrupt me in 10 minutes with an emergency.
I don't claim to be any sort of prize catch but I've learnt that it doesn't matter how hot a chick is, she's usually someone's ex for a reason, I'd rather miss out than take on a head case.
This was a good one though, we ate dinner at around 7:30 and then she left my house at 3am, I managed to sneak 3 hours sleep in before work.

Doesn't matter how good looking she is. Someone, somewhere, is sick of her shit.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:29 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The joys of dating, I'll only ever meet them at the venue for the first date, chicks and their phones are usually the sign for me to sneak off to the dunny and text my daughter to interrupt me in 10 minutes with an emergency.

Doesn't matter how good looking she is. Someone, somewhere, is sick of her shit.

They all claim to be the victim too, sometimes it's all of their last 8 boyfriends faults.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I've learnt that it doesn't matter how hot a chick is, she's usually someone's ex for a reason, I'd rather miss out than take on a head case.

One of those things we work out at a young enough age, but don't seem to stick to til a bit later. (Plus some of the nutters can be a good ride if you can hang on tight enough)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:34 pm

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I've learnt that it doesn't matter how hot a chick is, she's usually someone's ex for a reason, I'd rather miss out than take on a head case.

One of those things we work out at a young enough age, but don't seem to stick to til a bit later. (Plus some of the nutters can be a good ride if you can hang on tight enough)

Rule #14: Use their place.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:37 pm

bennymacca wrote:Going up to mount lofty house for a weekend of relaxing before the baby is due.

Any good food recommendations?

Andrew Jarman had some good advice for that a few weeks ago
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby cennals05 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

They all claim to be the victim too, sometimes it's all of their last 8 boyfriends faults.

Met plenty of men that are the same. In fact the biggest red flag is if a guy describes all women as crazy. You know then that they have a victim mentality and have no self awareness of their own baggage.

Of course if I was a bloke I would run a mile from any woman that says all men are assholes blah blah as well.

You attract what you put out, so if you're attracting crazy reflect inwardly first and ask yourself what you're putting out into the world. You might be surprised.

You generally get treated the way you allow people to treat you.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:57 pm

cennals05 wrote:Met plenty of men that are the same. In fact the biggest red flag is if a guy describes all women as crazy. You know then that they have a victim mentality and have no self awareness of their own baggage.

Of course if I was a bloke I would run a mile from any woman that says all men are assholes blah blah as well.

You attract what you put out, so if you're attracting crazy reflect inwardly first and ask yourself what you're putting out into the world. You might be surprised.

I don't doubt that for a minute, I'm a busy single parent with little time at all to waste looking for what could be just on a whim, everyone has some sort of baggage and it's best to get it out there straight away and not waste anyone's time.
Most single chicks complain that men are only after one thing but one night out and they're all keen for some, I don't date very often and most of the time if I have agreed to meet up, I hope all day that I get the "I can't make tonight" text or call.
My life is pretty simple and stress free and I can't be bothered with the bullshit that comes along with meeting "Miss Right", it's far more relaxing going out as friends and then seeing if anything is there with zero pressure.
Dating is the pits.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:01 pm

cennals05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Met plenty of men that are the same. In fact the biggest red flag is if a guy describes all women as crazy. You know then that they have a victim mentality and have no self awareness of their own baggage.

Survey says.....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:05 pm

Booney wrote:
Survey says.....

LOL, the kids and I are currently hooked on family feud on the iPad.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:13 pm

cennals05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Yep - got a friend who constantly complains about being 'friendzoned' and laments that women don't date 'nice guys'. In my opinion, being a 'nice guy' (as opposed to being a complete arsehole?) doesn't entitle you to a girlfriend, or sex, or even simple female attention. I'm not sure which of these things he's after, because he's never clarified that one. In a nutshell, he expects that being a nice guy earns him a 'free vag' voucher and is very miserable that women don't seem to realise it.

I'm going to be a bit mean now, but it's hard not to. The other week he wrote on Facebook, 'It's hard to realise you'll never be someone's Number One because you're always Number Two' and I was so tempted to send him this picture.

bono refuses to be number two.PNG
bono refuses to be number two.PNG (340.37 KiB) Viewed 864 times
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:22 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:
Yep - got a friend who constantly complains about being 'friendzoned' and laments that women don't date 'nice guys'. In my opinion, being a 'nice guy' (as opposed to being a complete arsehole?) doesn't entitle you to a girlfriend, or sex, or even simple female attention. I'm not sure which of these things he's after, because he's never clarified that one. In a nutshell, he expects that being a nice guy earns him a 'free vag' voucher and is very miserable that women don't seem to realise it.

I'm going to be a bit mean now, but it's hard not to. The other week he wrote on Facebook, 'It's hard to realise you'll never be someone's Number One because you're always Number Two' and I was so tempted to send him this picture.

bono refuses to be number two.PNG

I've got a sort of friend who's not the best looking rooster and he's an absolute player, he reminds me of shallow Hal, he seems to pick up, fall in love, practically marry within a week or two and then it all turns to shit, he'd always cut in on any facebook status's when one of my attractive friends commented and then would friend request them only to put the hard word on them, I can't believe how many chicks fall for that shit.

I had to laugh though, he recently bought a house with a chick that he'd been dating for a bit over 6 months and she found out about his ways the hard way and now they have a $650K debt together and don't talk, he was back to his ways the weekend after he got booted.

What an operator, we once double dated and he was texting the chick I was dating while he went to the toilet, me and the chick he was with seen it pop up on the screen.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Ash Man » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:30 pm

Cucina. O'Connell St

Went for a work dinner last night. We had garlic bread and calamari for shared starters.
GB was pretty stock standard but calamari was really good.
I had Gnocchi Calabrese for mains, was just like nonna used to make besides the cheap salami and olives.
All in all an enjoyable meal.
Imported Peroni is always a bonus.
$28 for gnocchi is steep but I wasn't paying.
Overall 7.5/10
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:38 pm

The Ash Man wrote:Cucina. O'Connell St

Went for a work dinner last night. We had garlic bread and calamari for shared starters.
GB was pretty stock standard but calamari was really good.
I had Gnocchi Calabrese for mains, was just like nonna used to make besides the cheap salami and olives.
All in all an enjoyable meal.
Imported Peroni is always a bonus.
$28 for gnocchi is steep but I wasn't paying.
Overall 7.5/10

Yeah I went there for lunch once and probably $2-3 overpriced but I guess that's what you pay right on oconnell st.

Would agree with the rating too
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:36 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
cennals05 wrote:Met plenty of men that are the same. In fact the biggest red flag is if a guy describes all women as crazy. You know then that they have a victim mentality and have no self awareness of their own baggage.

I don't doubt that for a minute, I'm a busy single parent with little time at all to waste looking for what could be just on a whim, everyone has some sort of baggage and it's best to get it out there straight away and not waste anyone's time.
Most single chicks complain that men are only after one thing but one night out and they're all keen for some, I don't date very often and most of the time if I have agreed to meet up, I hope all day that I get the "I can't make tonight" text or call.
My life is pretty simple and stress free and I can't be bothered with the bullshit that comes along with meeting "Miss Right", it's far more relaxing going out as friends and then seeing if anything is there with zero pressure.
Dating is the pits.

I'm loving the single life, it's been great fun.

Will have to calm down abit now though now so more likely to spend the summer with the lads at the cricket club
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5611 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Johno6 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:06 am

Gee Whizz

I came to this thread for some dinner ideas, and I got a lot of dating and life advice instead.
This forum just keeps on delivering the gooods
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby bennymacca » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:21 am

Mount lofty house

You know when your waiter is wearing a suit you are in a fancy place.

Cracking views too, though the reflection of the lights in the Windows made it hard to see at night.

Onto the food - wifey had an entree of pork belly, which was excellent. My entree was chorizo, prosciutto feta and pickled onions, which was also very good.

Wifey had lamb and asked them to cook it well done because of the whole 8 months preggo thing, and as such it was a little tough. But the flavours were there and I suspect it would be much better if cooked well

I had a 400g rib eye which was char grilled, and also very good.

We were originally keen on desserts but we saw another table getting served and they didn't look very inspiring. So we didn't bother.

Overall it fell just short of expectations. Everything was good but nothing was amazing, which is probably what I expect from a place like this.

They did have entertainment card though, which took $41 off the $164 bill, so it was probably better value than expected but I reckon I would still find somewhere else

7/10

On another note, the rooms up here are cracking. The Groupon was certainly worth it in that regard
Last edited by bennymacca on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion