Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:21 pm

HH3 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Oh the major dilemmas & stresses of working in an office, dealing with all those harsh elements that a split system can throw at you....

I was a storeman/truck driver before being elevated to my current position, and i'd have to say being on the road, doing my own thing, having control of my own aircon and able to have my music at a "rock-out-able" level was much better than sharing an office with people that can't agree on a single thing.

Booney wrote:Right up my alley, this one. ;)

I'd guess that you chaps are in an office environment, yes?

The men are in shirt/tie and trousers, the women blouse/top skirt, yes?

Im currently in polo, trousers, and a hoody, coz its freezing. After lunch I'll be in the same, minus the hoody, and covered in sweat.

The lady im referring to comes in wearing trousers, 3 upper body layers usually including some mountaineering vest, and a scarf, and she's still "******* freezing"...

Does she have lots of cats???
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:25 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Does she have lots of cats???

Nah, I dont think she has the capacity to love anything :lol:
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Spargo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:26 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Oh the major dilemmas & stresses of working in an office, dealing with all those harsh elements that a split system can throw at you....

I was a storeman/truck driver before being elevated to my current position, and i'd have to say being on the road, doing my own thing, having control of my own aircon and able to have my music at a "rock-out-able" level was much better than sharing an office with people that can't agree on a single thing.

Booney wrote:Right up my alley, this one. ;)

Im currently in polo, trousers, and a hoody, coz its freezing. After lunch I'll be in the same, minus the hoody, and covered in sweat.

The lady im referring to comes in wearing trousers, 3 upper body layers usually including some mountaineering vest, and a scarf, and she's still "******* freezing"...

Does she have lots of cats???

You'd hope she has one.....
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5527 times
Been liked: 5160 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby heater31 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:28 pm

Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:
HH3 wrote:People that take it upon themselves to control the work air conditioner.
In the morning, one guy is always hot, even if its freezing, so he cranks the A/C, and Im sitting here freezing my nuts off.
Then in the arvo, a lady rocks up thats cold when its 30 **** degrees, so she cranks the heater, even though its warmed up and comfortable outside.
Does my head in.

I argue until I'm blue in the face that the temperature does not change and must stay at a constant 24. I swear the women in my office are actually lizards and need to sit out in the sun to warm up :shock:
At home I'm still yet to turn the heater on this year and it is ******* June!

Right up my alley, this one. ;)

Men are also wearing jumpers and the operations manager has been here since 7am. We are also on the first level of the building so in the afternoon we get the bloody heat from downstairs.

Also the air conditioning is a poorly modified system after the open plan office was amended to include more individual offices.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:37 pm

HH3 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Does she have lots of cats???

Nah, I dont think she has the capacity to love anything :lol:

they always love cats. always. because cats share their capacity to not give a fck about anyone else :D
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby HH3 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:50 pm

bennymacca wrote:they always love cats. always. because cats share their capacity to not give a fck about anyone else :D

Thats a myth. I have 2 cats, and at least one of them loves me. He comes and curls up under my arm while im on the couch every single night. He meows the house down with excitement when I get home (quiet as a mouse when the missus gets home).

The youngest one hates everything and everyone, but he's so damn cute, I can't help but love the little bugger. He's getting desexed today, and the look he gave me when I dropped him off actually made me fear for my life when he gets out.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Saw a bumper sticker the other day, "Lost ya cat? Check my tyres".
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5527 times
Been liked: 5160 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:56 pm

some cats are most certainly nice, but i have owned one, and obviously seen a lot of friends cats, and they kind of make it known that they are snuggling into you for their benefit, rather than yours haha.

last night went over to the sister in laws house and they have a little kitten, which scratches and jumps on everything. and it knows its doing something wrong because it loves the game where it stays there until you get up from your chair before it runs off.

dogs on the other hand, crave that attention, becuase it seems like they want to make you happy

its also entirely possible i just got an awesome dog and a cnt of a cat though haha.

Spargo wrote:Saw a bumper sticker the other day, "Lost ya cat? Check my tyres".

also hate this sort of stuff (not a personal go at you spargo) becuase that cat is someone's pet.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:56 pm

Spargo wrote:Saw a bumper sticker the other day, "Lost ya cat? Check my tyres".

Best one Ive seen is "If you're gonna ride my arse, at least pull my hair a little bit"
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:16 pm

When your willing to spend 14-17k cash with a company you would expect good customer service.

No wonder so many businesses are going bankrupt these days
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby RustyCage » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:08 pm

All cats are autistic!
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby RustyCage » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:09 pm

The brakes on my car groaning loudly everything I brake, people walking literally stop and look at where the horrible sound is coming from!
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:16 pm

whufc wrote:When your willing to spend 14-17k cash with a company you would expect good customer service.

I agree, we got sucked into a sales pitch and got our verandah and carport done by a local mob. We pretty much had to project manage it (me at work and my wife about 7.5 months pregnant). They burnt holes (ciggie) in our tarpaulins and stuffed up the structure of both verandah and carport. The carport now has struts that hang out from nowhere to nowhere, but in front of the roller door rather than behind. When I got him back he said "yeh, dunno what I was thinking there".

The slats to let sunlight in weren't ordered. So the entire thing went up and only when I rang them and said "look at YOUR plans" did they realise their mistake.

I pretty much called them shonks and will definitely bag them direct to anyone who wants to know who NOT to use in this industry.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Q. » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:23 pm

name and shame
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:26 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
whufc wrote:When your willing to spend 14-17k cash with a company you would expect good customer service.

I agree, we got sucked into a sales pitch and got our verandah and carport done by a local mob. We pretty much had to project manage it (me at work and my wife about 7.5 months pregnant). They burnt holes (ciggie) in our tarpaulins and stuffed up the structure of both verandah and carport. The carport now has struts that hang out from nowhere to nowhere, but in front of the roller door rather than behind. When I got him back he said "yeh, dunno what I was thinking there".

The slats to let sunlight in weren't ordered. So the entire thing went up and only when I rang them and said "look at YOUR plans" did they realise their mistake.

I pretty much called them shonks and will definitely bag them direct to anyone who wants to know who NOT to use in this industry.

you didnt get anywhere close to what you asked for, i wouldnt pay them a cent until it was done properly
bennymacca
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:46 pm

bennymacca wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

you didnt get anywhere close to what you asked for, i wouldnt pay them a cent until it was done properly

yet another reason we got sucked in. 15% up front, then instalments as it was progressing, then 20% to finish, BEFORE they'd finished. Never again.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:50 pm

That sucks. Could easily happen too...
bennymacca
Coach

Postby tipper » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:20 am

couple of things, seperate issues

firstly, is it any wonder more and more people are choosing to spend their money by buying stuff over the web from overseas??

the wife several weeks ago got onto an australian retailers website to organise some things for our daughters 5th birthday. did an "online layby", made all the payments as expected, then, several days after making the final payment she received an email telling her the purchase has been cancelled :evil: no explanation at all.

when she finally got to someone on the phone she was told it was cancelled as they didnt have stock :shock: shouldnt that have come up six ******* weeks ago when she first started the ******* layby? incompetent ****!

from now on we will be spending with overseas retailers. better customer service and cheaper prices. aussie retailers have dug their own grave and now they can ******* lay in it.

secondly, whoever it is, that presumably lives in my street, and keeps picking up the messenger from my driveway, and placing it on my car, ******* STOP!! i know its a first world problem, but i dont like shit being put on my paintwork. i dont rest stuff on it while packing the car, id like to think i take care of them too. its scratching the paint cos the plastic bag is usually covered in dirt. also, i dont ******* read the thing, so i dont care if i run over it, or it gets wet or whatever.

ok, thats better. end rant
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:55 am

Yep, if you can import something at your own expense (ie shipping) for a cheaper price than someone in Australia can sell it for then retailers are doing it wrong. And they can't blame GST because it is usually much cheaper than that
bennymacca
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:50 pm

tipper wrote:couple of things, seperate issues

firstly, is it any wonder more and more people are choosing to spend their money by buying stuff over the web from overseas??

the wife several weeks ago got onto an australian retailers website to organise some things for our daughters 5th birthday. did an "online layby", made all the payments as expected, then, several days after making the final payment she received an email telling her the purchase has been cancelled :evil: no explanation at all.

when she finally got to someone on the phone she was told it was cancelled as they didnt have stock :shock: shouldnt that have come up six ******* weeks ago when she first started the ******* layby? incompetent ****!

from now on we will be spending with overseas retailers. better customer service and cheaper prices. aussie retailers have dug their own grave and now they can ******* lay in it.

secondly, whoever it is, that presumably lives in my street, and keeps picking up the messenger from my driveway, and placing it on my car, ******* STOP!! i know its a first world problem, but i dont like shit being put on my paintwork. i dont rest stuff on it while packing the car, id like to think i take care of them too. its scratching the paint cos the plastic bag is usually covered in dirt. also, i dont ******* read the thing, so i dont care if i run over it, or it gets wet or whatever.

ok, thats better. end rant

Tipper, recently I went to purchase a set of hair clippers and noted the model I was after was 249. I went online and ordered them fully delivered to my door (ie, not going and having to do any walking around the shops) for 169 from the US. Ok, I have a converter in my power point to convert it from US to AU ampage but I've saved 80 bucks!

I hardly buy anything in Australia any more, unless I have to.

The experience I have with overseas providers has been excellent. Phone covers for $3 delivered from Hong Kong, SD cards for much less than retail here. No point buying local any more.

And if I could, I would've bought my verandah overseas too! ;-)
gadj1976
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion