Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:13 pm

The video of the ute driver on the southern expressway overtaking on the emergency lane and then slamming on the brakes.

Unfortunately this behavior is far too common on the Expressway and even on the Lonsdale highway, particularly the 100kmh zone
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11912 times
Been liked: 3627 times

Postby kickinit » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:40 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Perhaps I'm not making myself very clear.

If whoever's responsible for the maintenance of that tree had done their job in the first instance, this wouldn't have happened.

The wind was gone, there was no danger. What would the odds be of burning the neighbourhood down if it were left for an extra 3 hours

Ive been awake since 3am FFFS, everything is going to give me the shits today.

Including people who are shitty at me for being shitty.

Good luck getting any tree cut down by the council. They seem to only want to cut tree's down now once they have hurt someone. You only need to go up to the recent fire's and see how bad the trees hanging over the road's are. You constantly hear about being bushfire ready yet the council's don't have to worry about it.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby OnSong » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:20 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
MW wrote:FFFS...haven't seen that before lol

Use this as a warning as to how shitty i am...was (until Onsong and AM Bays postred :lol: )

For you onsong:

"

Ack
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby Bully » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:15 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The video of the ute driver on the southern expressway overtaking on the emergency lane and then slamming on the brakes.

Unfortunately this behavior is far too common on the Expressway and even on the Lonsdale highway, particularly the 100kmh zone

yes was stupid for him to do that but the driver hogging the right hand lane.

Simple road rule which a lot don't seem to follow or understand
- KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING!!

If people did the speed limit then this would not occur but yes stupid for that idiot to do that
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby cracka » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:48 pm

Bully wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The video of the ute driver on the southern expressway overtaking on the emergency lane and then slamming on the brakes.

If people did the speed limit
then this would not occur but yes stupid for that idiot to do that

Agree.

You should try driving in Melbourne. I've been on the Eastlink & been stuck behind 4 cars side by side taking up all lanes doing 95 in the 100 zones, F***ing frustrating, then you finally get to overtake them, come to some roadworks that say 80kmh, slow down & the C***s overtake you back.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:42 pm

Boo ******* hoo five Ks an hour. :)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:26 am

The state governments handling of the Hampstead, Repat and Noarlunga Emrgency.... Absolute disgrace that these places are being closed. Also neonatal ward not getting an upgrade at flinders...

I live pretty close to Noarlunga Hosp and i am spewing that any issue i may have with my daughters, wife or myself i have to head down to Flinders.

DISGRACE!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3032 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:59 am

Ditto, I live a Blighty torpedo away.
I had some need to use the emergency at Noarlunga. And before I had to be moved to Flinders the service was first class and they stabilised the situation.

the southern suburbs are growing fast, look at Aldinga and that area heading south will get more populated.

But the health system has been put on the back burner now for more pressing issues like the time zones.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:00 am

Flinders is a debacle with accessibility
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:44 am

Booney wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:Cancer and illness. Losing family just sucks

Yep. A mate only found out about his is November, was sent home yesterday to "get comfortable" and no more treatment to be done.

It's a shitter.

Last Friday he was told he may have only two weeks. This might prove to be longer than he actually has.....I might go tonight and see my mate for the last time tonight.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10815 times

Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby RustyCage » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:44 am

cracka wrote:
Bully wrote:

Agree.

You should try driving in Melbourne. I've been on the Eastlink & been stuck behind 4 cars side by side taking up all lanes doing 95 in the 100 zones, F***ing frustrating, then you finally get to overtake them, come to some roadworks that say 80kmh, slow down & the C***s overtake you back.

If 5km/h frustrates you that much, leave home 30 seconds earlier, learn how to deal with your anger better, or just don't drive
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby helicopterking » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:54 am

woodublieve12 wrote:The state governments handling of the Hampstead, Repat and Noarlunga Emrgency.... Absolute disgrace that these places are being closed. Also neonatal ward not getting an upgrade at flinders...

I live pretty close to Noarlunga Hosp and i am spewing that any issue i may have with my daughters, wife or myself i have to head down to Flinders.

DISGRACE!!!

To be honest, Noarlunga hospital is no more then a glorified GP anyway. They transfer anything that is semi serious to Flinders. Flinders Emergency operate at 130% capacity most days, especially weekends, Noarlunga sits at 25%, but they still transfer to Flinders., who then the Ambo's kick up a stink when they get ramped.
The only options they had was a huge upgrade to Noarlunga or downsize to what Noarlunga actually operates at anyway.
Flinders emergency only had an upgrade no more then 2 years ago, now they will need another one. Terrible planning.
The nurses and doctors will now just get flogged more then they already do at Flinders, and get their time wasted more by people coming in with non emergency issues,wishing to be seen instantly.
It's going to put huge strain on a department already maxed out, servicing an area that starts at Cross Roads all the way down to Kangaroo Island.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:09 am

Also, my mum is currently in the repat after having her hip replaced, and that place feels like it should have been closed in 1991
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:27 am

bennymacca wrote:Also, my mum is currently in the repat after having her hip replaced, and that place feels like it should have been closed in 1991

so should have the RAH, but it doesn't mean the place isn't required...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby cracka » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:49 am

RustyCage wrote:
cracka wrote:
Bully wrote:

Agree.

If 5km/h frustrates you that much, leave home 30 seconds earlier, learn how to deal with your anger better, or just don't drive

I used to drive interstate transport, which is why I was in Melbourne, so leaving home 30 seconds earlier wouldn't help much. And all I said was it is frustrating, I don't road rage like the idiot on the southern expressway. So you've never been stuck behind a slower vehicle & been frustrated, yeah sure.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby MW » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:13 pm

Are there signs on the expressway asking to keep left unless overtaking? i dont think you can class it as a general rule if it is not sign posted
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:18 pm

MW wrote:Are there signs on the expressway asking to keep left unless overtaking? i dont think you can class it as a general rule if it is not sign posted

Pretty sure that is a road rule for any road 80km/h or over
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby MW » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:21 pm

HH3 wrote:
MW wrote:Are there signs on the expressway asking to keep left unless overtaking? i dont think you can class it as a general rule if it is not sign posted

Pretty sure that is a road rule for any road 80km/h or over

Right you are sir

AUSTRALIAN ROAD RULES - REG 130
130—Keeping to the left on a multi-lane road

(1) This rule applies to a driver driving on a multi-lane road if—

(a) the speed limit applying to the driver for the length of road where the driver is driving is over 80 kilometres per hour; or

(b) a keep left unless overtaking sign applies to the length of road where the driver is driving.

Note 1—

"Length" of road and "multi-lane road" are defined in the dictionary.

Note 2—

Part 3 deals with speed limits.

(2) The driver must not drive in the right lane unless—

(a) the driver is turning right, or making a U-turn from the centre of the road, and is giving a right change of direction signal; or

(b) the driver is overtaking; or

(c) a left lane must turn left sign or left traffic lane arrows apply to any other lane and the driver is not turning left; or

(d) the driver is required to drive in the right lane under rule 159; or

(e) the driver is avoiding an obstruction; or

(f) the traffic in each other lane is congested; or

(g) the traffic in every lane is congested; or

(h) the right lane is a special purpose lane in which the driver, under another provision of the Australian Road Rules , is permitted to drive; or

(i) there are only 2 marked lanes and the left lane is a slow vehicle turn out lane.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:33 pm

South Australians have no clue on how to drive on a motorway/expressway type of road. I learnt this fact within hours of driving on roads overseas....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:42 pm

heater31 wrote:South Australians have no clue on how to drive on a motorway/expressway type of road. I learnt this fact within hours of driving on roads overseas....

it took you hours???
woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion