Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:36 am

Wedgie wrote:
HH3 wrote:People that get behind the wheel after 5 pints.

I was under .04 when I drove home and I'm a better driver than 99% on the road, why do you have an issue with someone driving well below the legal limit?

You didn't know you were below the limit til a friendly policeman told you.

If you thought you were under all along, what problem would you have with the police being there?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:36 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Cops staking out my pubs car park. Good to know after 5 pints I can still blow under .05 though.

Statewide blitz.

The Hendon, Alberton, Prince of Wales, Seaton and The Lakes have all been targeted in recent weeks.

I got pulled over within the pub carpark last week, I had driven my car 25 metres LOL.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4351 times
Been liked: 7956 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:37 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Cops staking out my pubs car park. Good to know after 5 pints I can still blow under .05 though.

Statewide blitz.
The Hendon, Alberton, Prince of Wales, Seaton and The Lakes have all been targeted in recent weeks.

I got pulled over within the pub carpark last week, I had driven my car 25 metres LOL.

Yep, that's what happened at my local too. People also checked as they came into the car park.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7541 times
Been liked: 10870 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:38 am

I dont think they can get you in the carpark coz its private property.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:38 am

I dont think they can get you in the carpark coz its private property.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:42 am

HH3 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

I was under .04 when I drove home and I'm a better driver than 99% on the road, why do you have an issue with someone driving well below the legal limit?

If you thought you were under all along, what problem would you have with the police being there?

Yes I did, I tested myself on the machine in the pub, blew .049, sat down and had a meal and two soft drinks, then blew .04 in.the machine.
Cops didn't pull me over as I wasn't parked in the car park but better to be safe than sorry.

My problem is there's a lot more problem spots than the Reepham and I'd rather them spend resources on catching or preventing.the meth heads that rob the pub than inconveniencing people under the limit, I could direct them to plenty of places they'd have more success.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2065 times
Been liked: 3928 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Spargo » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:46 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Statewide blitz.

The Seacliff & The Esplanade have also been targeted the last 4-5 weeks I'd say.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5582 times
Been liked: 5196 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:49 am

Wedgie wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Yes I did, I tested myself on the machine in the pub, blew .049, sat down and had a meal and two soft drinks, then blew .04 in.the machine.
Cops didn't pull me over as I wasn't parked in the car park but better to be safe than sorry.

My problem is there's a lot more problem spots than the Reepham and I'd rather them spend resources on catching or preventing.the meth heads that rob the pub than inconveniencing people under the limit, I could direct them to plenty of places they'd have more success.

Fair enough.

I'm sure there are police working on the meth problem as well. You should call Crime Stoppers if you have info that could help them.

Drink drivings still an important issue. Can't really fault cops for trying to prevent it. They don't just catch people already drink driving. The thought of being pulled into a breatho is a big factor in people not drinking when they go out for tea. Without that, every second driver would be half cut.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:55 am

HH3 wrote:
Fair enough.

I'm sure there are police working on the meth problem as well. You should call Crime Stoppers if you have info that could help them.

Drink drivings still an important issue. Can't really fault cops for trying to prevent it. They don't just catch people already drink driving. The thought of being pulled into a breatho is a big factor in people not drinking when they go out for tea. Without that, every second driver would be half cut.

It's flat out targeting the patrons of the Reepham, if they actually went inside undercover and observed who's in there, the way that most drink very slowly and only stop in for a few anyway.
I agree with Wedgie, there's far bigger issues in the surrounding area's opposed to trying to nab someone who's 0.06, the meth heads that drift up from north of the establishment cause far more concerns to the public safety than John Citizen who stops in for 3 pints after work and have a 5 minute drive home.
It doesn't affect me, if I know I'm going to drink then I get a lift or cab it, if I have my car I refrain from drinking beer.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:57 am

A good mate has been involved in some recent significant drug related arrests. Yesterday's plane in NSW included....it's a good thing that criminal organisations are getting cut down at the top of the tree, that's where the damage is created.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:01 pm

Why cant they be preventitive and educational instead of trying to catch people drunk in a car?
Go into the pubs, talk to patrons, give them free breath tests, if people are over the limit they can catch a cab or walk.
But we know its all about quotas and if they get someone at .051 for driving 5 metres in the car park its much more important than confronting meth dealers laundering humdreds of thousands in the same pub after midnight.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2065 times
Been liked: 3928 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:04 pm

What's the best thing about being a meth head?

Only 2 sleeps til Christmas.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:04 pm

Wedgie wrote:Why cant they be preventitive and educational instead of trying to catch people drunk in a car?
Go into the pubs, talk to patrons, give them free breath tests, if people are over the limit they can catch a cab or walk.
But we know its all about quotas and if they get someone at .051 for driving 5 metres in the car park its much more important than confronting meth dealers laundering humdreds of thousands in the same pub after midnight.

...and a lot easier.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5582 times
Been liked: 5196 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby heater31 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:05 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Fair enough.

It's flat out targeting the patrons of the Reepham, if they actually went inside undercover and observed who's in there, the way that most drink very slowly and only stop in for a few anyway.
I agree with Wedgie, there's far bigger issues in the surrounding area's opposed to trying to nab someone who's 0.06, the meth heads that drift up from north of the establishment cause far more concerns to the public safety than John Citizen who stops in for 3 pints after work and have a 5 minute drive home.
It doesn't affect me, if I know I'm going to drink then I get a lift or cab it, if I have my car I refrain from drinking beer.

What he said. I'm still seething about being 'spoken' to by the constabulary about a minor incident 6 years ago. This was at the same time that there was a series of serious incidents with weapons taking place in the City. These two should have been looking for blokes with concealed weapons and looking for punch ups not guys relieving themselves in a dimly lit back street. [emoji49]
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:08 pm

Simple really, funding. If you want more police policing, then something else has to give....but we're getting way to political now and FC will be in with a stiff broom shortly. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:11 pm

HH3 wrote:I dont think they can get you in the carpark coz its private property.

They can mate, I used to think the same thing.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:11 pm

So you guys want to be bothered while you're out eating your tea instead of on the way home when it really doesnt effect you other than adding 5 mins to your trip.

And Heater, if they see you pissing in the street, they should definitely talk to you.

There are different police working on the meth problem. They're busting the manufacturers, instead of wasting all their time and resources on the lowly dealers. Cut the head off and the body will die.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby heater31 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:12 pm

Booney wrote:Simple really, funding. If you want more police policing, then something else has to give....but we're getting way to political now and FC will be in with a stiff broom shortly. ;)

Oi it gives me the shits that I'm still seething about it after 6 years :shock: ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:12 pm

Booney wrote:Simple really, funding. If you want more police policing, then something else has to give....but we're getting way to political now and FC will be in with a stiff broom shortly. ;)

I think it's the general consensus that they only seem to want to focus on the easy revenue raising issues opposed to getting the scum off of the streets.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:14 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I think it's the general consensus that they only seem to want to focus on the easy revenue raising issues opposed to getting the scum off of the streets.

There's too much scum for them to get them all mate. There will always be criminals, and there will always be people that blame the police for the crime level.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion