Developments/Projects in SA

Anything!

Re: Developments/Projects in SA

Postby Psyber » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:06 am

Bully wrote:
Psyber wrote:
cracka wrote: Maybe its time for SA to catch up with the rest of the country with some toll roads. Should start by going underground from the tollgate to Wingfield for trucks to bypass the suburbs.

When I lived in Melbourne I avoided all toll roads, on principle, but I could afford to because I could also avoid travelling in peak hours.

At one time the company running the east-west toll road was trying to get the government to close off other roads to the city from the east and force more traffic on to the toll roads. I gather they were not happy with the returns on the capital cost - tunnelling is expensive.

dont know why people complain about toll roads. Most problems seem to be that "you are paying for use of a road where your rego and on road costs should be enough". Yes i agree, but if you use a toll road, its less in stop starting traffic, which means less fuel used. It works out the same if not cheaper IMO. Get there quicker, spend more time with family and friends instead of sitting in traffic burning fuel

Thats my opinion anyway

I've never finished up sitting in traffic burning fuel by avoiding toll roads. It is simply a matter of doing your homework, knowing where the uncommonly used alternative routes are, and getting your timing right. I wasn't alone in being able to do that which is why the Melbourne toll road people kept trying to get other routes closed...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:28 am

I'm sort of cringing at what Makris wants to build
It's a bit like:

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 1093 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Bully » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:18 pm

Psyber wrote:
Bully wrote:
Psyber wrote:
cracka wrote: Maybe its time for SA to catch up with the rest of the country with some toll roads. Should start by going underground from the tollgate to Wingfield for trucks to bypass the suburbs.

When I lived in Melbourne I avoided all toll roads, on principle, but I could afford to because I could also avoid travelling in peak hours.

At one time the company running the east-west toll road was trying to get the government to close off other roads to the city from the east and force more traffic on to the toll roads. I gather they were not happy with the returns on the capital cost - tunnelling is expensive.

dont know why people complain about toll roads. Most problems seem to be that "you are paying for use of a road where your rego and on road costs should be enough". Yes i agree, but if you use a toll road, its less in stop starting traffic, which means less fuel used. It works out the same if not cheaper IMO. Get there quicker, spend more time with family and friends instead of sitting in traffic burning fuel

Thats my opinion anyway

I've never finished up sitting in traffic burning fuel by avoiding toll roads. It is simply a matter of doing your homework, knowing where the uncommonly used alternative routes are, and getting your timing right. I wasn't alone in being able to do that which is why the Melbourne toll road people kept trying to get other routes closed...

Most if not all toll roads are built by private companies hence the reason for a "toll". So you are not paying tax to use those roads techinally in a way yet paying the private company to use their road.

So people are not paying taxes to use a toll road when its built by a private company.

So using a toll road is better than pouring money into the government through fuel taxes :D
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby whufc » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:45 pm

Adelaide United admin being based at the Elizabeth Aquadome and their training pitches at Ridley reserve
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5626 times
Been liked: 2546 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Psyber » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:20 pm

Bully wrote: Most if not all toll roads are built by private companies hence the reason for a "toll". So you are not paying tax to use those roads techinally in a way yet paying the private company to use their road.

So people are not paying taxes to use a toll road when its built by a private company.

So using a toll road is better than pouring money into the government through fuel taxes :D

I accept the logic of your case, but what put me off originally in Melbourne was that there was a certain minimum amount you could put on your card and if it wasn't used within a month the company took it at the end of the month anyway. So there was, in effect, a minimum monthly charge, and I knew I'd lose most of for nothing as my toll road usage would have been only occasional.

On top of that I was damned if I was going to use the toll road and then waste my time mucking around with the system of paying them after the event.
So it just made sense to stay away from them.

If I could have put some credit on the card system and it stayed there until I'd used it all like my Adelaide Metro Card, I may have signed up. Sure, I could afford the monthly fee but I really resent anyone attempting to rip me off, even for trivial amounts.
Psyber
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:47 pm

Just back to Moran herw for a sec. Now do we need to look at a Lambie solution for here? I mean do you think she needs a root to settle down?

Now I put my hand up for Lambie an did my bit, but Moran is someone elses issue.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1258 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Bully » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:55 am

Psyber wrote:
Bully wrote: Most if not all toll roads are built by private companies hence the reason for a "toll". So you are not paying tax to use those roads techinally in a way yet paying the private company to use their road.

I accept the logic of your case, but what put me off originally in Melbourne was that there was a certain minimum amount you could put on your card and if it wasn't used within a month the company took it at the end of the month anyway. So there was, in effect, a minimum monthly charge, and I knew I'd lose most of for nothing as my toll road usage would have been only occasional.

On top of that I was damned if I was going to use the toll road and then waste my time mucking around with the system of paying them after the event.
So it just made sense to stay away from them.

If I could have put some credit on the card system and it stayed there until I'd used it all like my Adelaide Metro Card, I may have signed up. Sure, I could afford the monthly fee but I really resent anyone attempting to rip me off, even for trivial amounts.

its not the case here in brisbane and i am positive it is australia wide now. Any money put on your toll account stays there until you use it, you dont lose it if you dont use it :D
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:57 am

stan wrote:Just back to Moran herw for a sec. Now do we need to look at a Lambie solution for here? I mean do you think she needs a root to settle down?

Now I put my hand up for Lambie an did my bit, but Moran is someone elses issue.

typical stuck up north adelaide resident thats all it is
Bully
Coach

Postby Psyber » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:10 am

Bully wrote: its not the case here in brisbane and i am positive it is australia wide now. Any money put on your toll account stays there until you use it, you dont lose it if you dont use it :D

You remind me of the great fun I had in 2010, approaching Brisbane from the north, having driven down the coast from Bundaberg, trying to get to a Motel in Highgate Hill and avoid the toll roads at the same time. All the signs seemed to direct you into the toll roads that were open, but I managed it in the end.
Psyber
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:39 pm

I used toll roads for the first time ever when I went to Newcastle earlier this year.

The hire car had an e-tag that beeped when i went through the toll checkpoint. Then my credit car just got charged.

Driving from the airport out of Sydney on the Pacific Highway, and then back to the airport the same way 4 days later , it cost me about $30.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:45 am

The lead up to Xmas 2013 was very poor in terms of tendering for commercial projects, this year has seen a slight increase in the tenders for commercial works into 2015 but signs are developments are not likely to burst out of the ground in 2015.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7543 times
Been liked: 10874 times

Postby stan » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Booney wrote:The lead up to Xmas 2013 was very poor in terms of tendering for commercial projects, this year has seen a slight increase in the tenders for commercial works into 2015 but signs are developments are not likely to burst out of the ground in 2015.

That would be expected Boon. The State is very broke and the Feds are well also very broke. Hence besides the current major developments, I can't see too many big ones coming through. If you are involved with tendering the good luck to you as it could be a bit of blood on the streets for work going forward.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1258 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Bully » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:08 am

HH3 wrote:I used toll roads for the first time ever when I went to Newcastle earlier this year.

The hire car had an e-tag that beeped when i went through the toll checkpoint. Then my credit car just got charged.

Driving from the airport out of Sydney on the Pacific Highway, and then back to the airport the same way 4 days later , it cost me about $30.

and driving that distance on normal roads in stop start traffic for the same journey would have been the same in fuel just about...
Last edited by Bully on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:11 am

Booney wrote:The lead up to Xmas 2013 was very poor in terms of tendering for commercial projects, this year has seen a slight increase in the tenders for commercial works into 2015 but signs are developments are not likely to burst out of the ground in 2015.

because of a certain group that live within spitting distance of the Adelaide oval. A certain few , i.e. Anne Moron, rejects every project put forward to the council. Its a shame for the city as these people are holding back development, and jobs just to keep a few streets happy so as they can keep their jobs
Bully
Coach

Postby Ian » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:49 pm

Bully wrote:

Only if you have shares in the company that owns the road :roll:
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Bully » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:19 pm

So part of the new tram extension needs to be rippied up apparently

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 7173153209
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:19 pm

So part of the new tram extension needs to be ripped up apparently

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 7173153209
Bully
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:25 am

Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:27 pm

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/sa/SASC/2014/206.html

Gillman sale found to be unlawful and unreasonable but cannot be legally overturned

Held by Blue J:
1. The plaintiffs have standing to bring the judicial review proceedings (at [240]-[244]).
2. The decision to enter into the contract is amenable to judicial review (at [273],[282]-[287]).
3. The first delegation to Cabinet did not apply to the decision to enter into the contract (at [329], [351).
4. The Chief Executive did not have authority actual or ostensible, apart from the second delegation, to enter into or execute the contract and the Authority did not ratify the Chief Executive’s decision to enter into the contract (at [399]-[400], [450]-[451], [457]).
5. On its proper construction, the second delegation delegated power to make the substantive decision to the Chief Executive, subject to obtaining the approval in principle of the Minister (at [394]).
6. The Chief Executive made the substantive decision to enter into the contract and obtained the approval in principle of the Minister (at [417]-[428]).
7. The decision by the Chief Executive to enter into the contract was a decision that no reasonable person in the position of the Chief Executive could have made (at [550]-[564]).
8. The decision by the Chief Executive to enter into the contract was made without regard to a relevant factor, namely prudent commercial principles consistent with the Authority’s functions (at [578) and was made in contravention of section 11 of the Public Corporations Act (at [578]).
9. Notwithstanding the infirmities of the decision making, the contract is valid and there is no basis on which to restrain the parties from performing it (at [611]-[627]).
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Bully » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:11 pm

Bully
Coach

PreviousNext