Things that make you laugh

Anything!

Re: Things that make you laugh

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:38 am

Haha nice. And about as big of a joke as the arguments against same sex marriage.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:40 am

bennymacca wrote:The fact that you describe normal people as THEY shows your prejudice.

Can you comment on my ownership post above? How is that not a slippery slope but this is?

I wasn't referring to anyone particularly in that statement. It is purely human nature...

People of every race, religion, socioeconomic status, sexuality, height, weight, (forgive me if I forget any...) will try to find loopholes and inconsistencies... and its not everyone, just the select few.

Im not saying everyone will do this, but it is bound to happen...

Ownership isnt being disputed so that is a mute point... it was done and dusted years ago when they abolished slavery. If you want to try again then be my guest...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:51 am

How is that slippery slope argument different from yours though. The answer is it isn't.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:52 am

Also why is it only gay people that want to marry animals?

Or are you protecting catholic priests from trying to marry young boys?

Can you see how ridiculous the slippery slope arguments are?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:05 am

bennymacca wrote:Also why is it only gay people that want to marry animals?

Or are you protecting catholic priests from trying to marry young boys?

Can you see how ridiculous the slippery slope arguments are?

I never made any statement about gay people wanting to marry animals. ..

And no, we need to protect little children from predators. ..

Next...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:08 am

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Things that make you laugh

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:16 am

So tell me again why two sane and consenting adults can't choose to marry in the same civil ceremony that two thirds of marriages currently consist of?

Because other people want to bang dogs?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:52 am

bennymacca wrote:So tell me again why two sane and consenting adults can't choose to marry in the same civil ceremony that two thirds of marriages currently consist of?

Benny there is a whole thread dedicated to that topic and my views are represented in there (I think).

We have hijacked this for long enough and should probably go baco to what makes you laugh.

Im sorry if our senses of humour differ but it does make me laugh a little...
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby HH3 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:53 am

Non-religious people get married because they're only viewed as a family in the eyes of the law if they are married. So for the financial and legal security of each other, or any children, should anything happen in the future.

I'm getting married next year, and I want no mention of some fairytale "god" or "savior" at my wedding. I might as well get them to marry us in the eyes of Optimus Prime.

I went to a wedding a couple of months ago that included all that religious crap, and the groom was not happy to have to swear stuff to god either.

And to say that people will change laws on precedent to allow marriage to animals is **** retarded. What you're saying is if the government change laws to allow gay marriage, they will automatically cave to someone that wants to marry an animal. Just because they have changed a law once, doesnt mean they have to change it again if someone asks.

Your whole argument is flawed, and your religious beliefs are clouding your common sense. Take all the religious stuff out of your head for a second and think about it logically.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:55 am

HH3 wrote:Non-religious people get married because they're only viewed as a family in the eyes of the law if they are married. So for the financial and legal security of each other, or any children, should anything happen in the future.

I'm getting married next year, and I want no mention of some fairytale "god" or "savior" at my wedding. I might as well get them to marry us in the eyes of Optimus Prime.

I went to a wedding a couple of months ago that included all that religious crap, and the groom was not happy to have to swear stuff to god either.

And to say that people will change laws on precedent to allow marriage to animals is **** retarded. What you're saying is if the government change laws to allow gay marriage, they will automatically cave to someone that wants to marry an animal. Just because they have changed a law once, doesnt mean they have to change it again if someone asks.

Your whole argument is flawed, and your religious beliefs are clouding your common sense. Take all the religious stuff out of your head for a second and think about it logically.

:lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:55 am

nuggety goodness wrote:
bennymacca wrote:So tell me again why two sane and consenting adults can't choose to marry in the same civil ceremony that two thirds of marriages currently consist of?

Benny there is a whole thread dedicated to that topic and my views are represented in there (I think).

We have hijacked this for long enough and should probably go baco to what makes you laugh.

Fair enough. Can you quote this post in the other thread and answer? Interested in your response.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:56 am

LOL - I read benny post ^^^ here and just had to read the lead up.... :lol:

What gets me is the "church" somehow seem to think they own "marriage".

I got married in the ballroom at the Palais at Semaphore by a civil celebrant without any religious connotations whatsoever and my marriage is no less relevant, important or binding than a full blown religious ceremony in a church.

I had to laugh, open up to same sex marriage and people will be marrying dogs, inanimate objects even!

Laughed my atheist arse off I did. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:57 am

By the power vested in me by Optimus prime...

:)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:57 am

nuggety goodness wrote:

Keep going, I'm pissing myself because I know you aren't alone with your thinking! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:59 am

this funny start to hump day* is all Fishos fault
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11915 times
Been liked: 3628 times

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:20 am

nuggety goodness wrote:As soon as it is changed once the precedent will be set and you will see people marrying dogs, cats and probably inanimate objects too.

It doesn't set any precedent.

Allowing gay marriage won't have any legal effect on polygamy, incest or bestiality. They are separate areas of law.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:21 am

Q. wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:As soon as it is changed once the precedent will be set and you will see people marrying dogs, cats and probably inanimate objects too.

Allowing gay marriage won't have any legal effect on polygamy, incest or bestiality. They are separate areas of law.

Its already happened as I pointed out earlier...
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:30 am

nuggety goodness wrote:
Q. wrote:

It still doesn't set precedent. In Australia, they are separate areas of law.

Also, if you want to argue the slippery slope, then it starts at allowing marriage full stop. By logic, your argument that a man and woman can get married sets precedent for any other type of marriage.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:37 am

Q. wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:
Q. wrote:

It still doesn't set precedent. In Australia, they are separate areas of law.

Also, if you want to argue the slippery slope, then it starts at allowing marriage full stop. By logic, your argument that a man and woman can get married sets precedent for any other type of marriage.

Then saying that means that all law is then liable for being abolished and we would live in utter chaos...

Human nature is to push the boundaries and once someone else gets it changed then 'hey I might as well push my case too' because that is the mentality.

If I'm wrong then I'll shut up but just wait and see...

I feel like Noah right now. The rain is coming people!!!
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby HH3 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:39 am

nuggety goodness wrote:
Human nature is to push the boundaries and once someone else gets it changed then 'hey I might as well push my case too' because that is the mentality.

If I'm wrong then I'll shut up but just wait and see...

It doesn't mean the one guy that wants to **** a chicken would get it changed though.

You are wrong. What's there to wait and see about?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion