I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:58 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I ned a bigger violin on Thursday as its the Culture Club concert at the AEC. :vom:
At least I've heard of them though unlike the concert on the 11th there though. My daugter insists it'll be a long night on the 11th as I was told "its not your sort of music". :(

"The Weekend" :lol:

You bought too many vowels, apparantley its "The Weeknd" :?

He must've stolen yours ;)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7935 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I ned a bigger violin on Thursday as its the Culture Club concert at the AEC. :vom:
At least I've heard of them though unlike the concert on the 11th there though. My daugter insists it'll be a long night on the 11th as I was told "its not your sort of music". :(

"The Weekend" :lol:

You bought too many vowels, apparantley its "The Weeknd" :?

Apparently he's dating Katy Perry, not a bad rebound from Selena Gomez.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:57 pm

What's a fair sort of allowance per week that most blokes go by? If there is such a thing?

I'm trying to stick to a budget but have no idea how much is reasonable, basically whatever I don't waste is going towards something good but where is the line?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:11 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:What's a fair sort of allowance per week that most blokes go by? If there is such a thing?

I'm trying to stick to a budget but have no idea how much is reasonable, basically whatever I don't waste is going towards something good but where is the line?

Enough to buy a couple of coffees and a Woman's Day. I figure $20 on top of her grocery allowance should be sufficient.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1562 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:12 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:What's a fair sort of allowance per week that most blokes go by? If there is such a thing?

Enough to buy a couple of coffees and a Woman's Day. I figure $20 on top of her grocery allowance should be sufficient.

Where are you buying your Womans Day?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7501 times
Been liked: 10795 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:12 pm

Technically in my budget I have approx. $200 pw left over after expenses (I get paid monthly), but it never works out that way. I can comfortably live on anything less than $100 pw and even $0 if needed.

I find the two biggest killers for my budgeting or spare money are alcohol and take away food. It's common for me to buy a carton Friday night ($50) and Sunday buy dinner for the family ($50-$100).. then at the cricket/footy club on a Saturday depending how much I drink there is at least another pineapple lol.

Guess what ever you think you can comfortably survive off should be your guide for your allowance, and all different for everyone depending on expenses/income, also if you can be more disciplined than me not to drink, eat and gamble it all away :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4011 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:14 pm

Pseudo wrote:

Well I'm f****d then, I've got to incorporate at least one pub visit a week there and my drink money, I hope the Womans Day is expensive.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:18 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Technically in my budget I have approx. $200 pw left over after expenses (I get paid monthly), but it never works out that way. I can comfortably live on anything less than $100 pw and even $0 if needed.

I find the two biggest killers for my budgeting or spare money are alcohol and take away food. It's common for me to buy a carton Friday night ($50) and Sunday buy dinner for the family ($50-$100).. then at the cricket/footy club on a Saturday depending how much I drink there is at least another pineapple lol.

Guess what ever you think you can comfortably survive off should be your guide for your allowance, and all different for everyone depending on expenses/income, also if you can be more disciplined than me not to drink, eat and gamble it all away :lol:

Going to the pub a few times during the week and not winning on the punt are my killers, as well as 6 packs at the bottle shop as I pass them.

Take away is part of the family food budget, I'm on monthly pay cycle too so we're just trying to make it work so we can holiday.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:20 pm

What ever amount you can spend without the missus finding out. ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2230 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:22 pm

The Bedge wrote:

To all you beer drinkers look at U-Brew It at Kilburn ( opposite Costco ).

$180-200 for 6 cartons/50lt of beer ( depending on alc % ). $50 for your first batch of bottles so your first batch costs you $240 ( $40 per carton ).

You can go there and brew it, which is great as there's a tap there for you to (continually) "sample" as you brew or, as I've now been doing it for over 2 years I ring up and they put the brew down for me and I just go and bottle once a month. Brew takes 14 days to ferment.

Mate and I split a batch so 3 cartons each per month ( $90-100 ) and it takes us about 1 hour every 4th Saturday to wash / bottle / cap / drink / go home.

No brainer once you're involved. No preservatives and I tell no lies here, no hangovers! I get stinkers on main stream stuff but nothing on these when I have a real crack.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:24 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:we're just trying to make it work so we can holiday.

Maybe work the other way around then, work out approx. how much it's going to cost for your holiday, then when you want to take the holiday, work out the amount monthly you need to put away and what ever is left over is your allowance and you just make that work.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Well I'm f****d then, I've got to incorporate at least one pub visit a week there and my drink money, I hope the Womans Day is expensive.

Oh, I thought you meant an allowance for her. My bad.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1562 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:26 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Maybe work the other way around then, work out approx. how much it's going to cost for your holiday, then when you want to take the holiday, work out the amount monthly you need to put away and what ever is left over is your allowance and you just make that work.

Won’t work!!
Mate he can’t live off love, air and water.
He needs beer money!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:27 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Won’t work!!
He needs beer money!

Mate, he's going through drive thru's to buy 6 packs, he needs a good ol' shake up.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:27 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Oh, I thought you meant an allowance for her. My bad.

$20?
You must like your wife way more than I do.....

Give her $10.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:28 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Won’t work!!
He needs beer money!

Mate, he's going through drive thru's to buy 6 packs, he needs a good ol' shake up.

Agree.
Rookie mistake.
Always buy cartons and plenty when on special.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:29 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:He needs beer money!

Precisely! How much money is he wasting buying 6 packs instead of just getting a box? :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:31 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:

Precisely! How much money is he wasting buying 6 packs instead of just getting a box? :lol:

$20 6 pack
$48 carton of 24

You do the maths!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:33 pm

Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

To all you beer drinkers look at U-Brew It at Kilburn ( opposite Costco ).

$180-200 for 6 cartons/50lt of beer ( depending on alc % ). $50 for your first batch of bottles so your first batch costs you $240 ( $40 per carton ).

You can go there and brew it, which is great as there's a tap there for you to (continually) "sample" as you brew or, as I've now been doing it for over 2 years I ring up and they put the brew down for me and I just go and bottle once a month. Brew takes 14 days to ferment.

Mate and I split a batch so 3 cartons each per month ( $90-100 ) and it takes us about 1 hour every 4th Saturday to wash / bottle / cap / drink / go home.

No brainer once you're involved. No preservatives and I tell no lies here, no hangovers! I get stinkers on main stream stuff but nothing on these when I have a real crack.

We discussed that last night
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:34 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:

I use the back of the Woolies and Coles dockets, roughly $12 a 6 pack or 10 ciders for $15.

4 Sol long necks are $15 so they're my go to.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion