Things that you don't understand

Anything!

Re: Things that you don't understand

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:03 pm

HH3 wrote:I see a lot of Fisho on Facebook, and just from reading her posts on there, I know she is an incredibly strong woman, and wonderful mother.

And funny as ****!

You're a champion Fisho.

Bahaha cheers! Right back atcha HH3 :-)
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Spargo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:18 pm

(Supposedly) intelligent blokes that get trapped then marry lying, troublemaking, evil women.
Have seen this way too often.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5495 times
Been liked: 5137 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:26 pm

^ "roped in by the hairy lasso"
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1562 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Johno6 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:43 pm

Can someone please summarise fishos posts for me please.

tl;dr
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:24 am

Spargo wrote:(Supposedly) intelligent blokes that get trapped then marry lying, troublemaking, evil women.
Have seen this way too often.

Ditto.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7935 times

Postby test » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:30 am

How energy Australia can start an electricity account with my GF despite the existing account for MY house being in my name, then contacting my provider saying the account has been transferred, then receive a cancelation fee!!
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby test » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:34 am

test wrote:How energy Australia can start an electricity account with my GF despite the existing account for MY house being in my name, then contacting my provider saying the account has been transferred, then receive a cancelation fee!!

This also gives me the s**ts!!
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby toot toot » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:00 am

why Liverpool FC received a trophy for winning last night. I thought it was just a friendly match.
toot toot
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:19 am

toot toot wrote:why Liverpool FC received a trophy for winning last night. I thought it was just a friendly match.

English sports teams take their friendlys very seriously. More than likely a trophy to acknowledge the game.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Failed Creation » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:15 am

heater31 wrote:
toot toot wrote:why Liverpool FC received a trophy for winning last night. I thought it was just a friendly match.

English sports teams take their friendlys very seriously. More than likely a trophy to acknowledge the game.

Wouldn't 'acknowledging the game' simply mean showing up to play?

While we're at it, I've seen some soccer games where the team captains hand over a frilly thing to each other. What is it?
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:23 am

Failed Creation wrote:
heater31 wrote:

While we're at it, I've seen some soccer games where the team captains hand over a frilly thing to each other. What is it?

Captain's Armband.
heater31

Postby mickey » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:52 am

Failed Creation wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Its a penant type thing from the club or country as a momento of the game, usually the includes the date, the competing teams etc
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:12 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Would be similar to family crest type insignia. Be the club logo, two competing clubs, venue and date etc.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7501 times
Been liked: 10795 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:46 pm

Booney wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Would be similar to family crest type insignia. Be the club logo, two competing clubs, venue and date etc.

Very much so.

I have just returned from a UK & Ireland Cricket Trip. We played 11 games and gave the opposition a replica of our playing tops with their club name and date we played. Take a look around the club and they have similar mementos from other games through out the years.

Every game we played they wanted to win and couple of clubs were very pissed off that we beat them. Then just bought us copious amounts of beer :shock:
heater31

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:21 pm

heater31 wrote:

Liverpool haven't won a trophy for a while :D
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11866 times
Been liked: 3605 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:57 pm

Johno6 wrote:Can someone please summarise fishos posts for me please.

tl;dr

I think I was talking about depression and my childhood and how I took a drug overdose a few weeks back.

Tried it again last weekend. Did a better job of it and ended up in hospital. I don't feel up to going into the details right now. I will talk about it soon - there are things I want to say, especially to do with the fact that I'm a mother. (Don't say anything, at least not until I've discussed it myself - I already want to punch myself in the f***ing head enough for it all, for doing that when I've got children, but it's not going to help anything, is it?) Just starting to feel OK again, bodywise - it knocked my liver around a fair bit. But bodywise AND headwise, I feel really good now, to be honest. It's a long road but for the first time in at least a year, I feel like I'm going about things the right way. Instead of immediately chucking myself back through the wringer of full-time work, and dealing with subsequent anxiety by withdrawing from my family and getting pissed, I've taken a step back from it all. I'm on mental health leave indefinitely from the Ph.D; I've taken on some part-time teaching at uni, and I'm using my spare time to spend time with my boys, play games with them, talk to them and love them. I'm also using my free time to keep the house clean as well (sounds lame, but honestly, half my problems have stemmed from me sitting alone during the day in my messy house, thinking dark thoughts). Anyway, I'm not taking too much for granted right now, just hoping it all keeps going in the right direction.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:01 pm

good luck with it all Fisho :D
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11866 times
Been liked: 3605 times

Postby Failed Creation » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:06 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:
Johno6 wrote:Can someone please summarise fishos posts for me please.

tl;dr

I think I was talking about depression and my childhood and how I took a drug overdose a few weeks back.

Tried it again last weekend. Did a better job of it and ended up in hospital. I don't feel up to going into the details right now. I will talk about it soon - there are things I want to say, especially to do with the fact that I'm a mother. (Don't say anything, at least not until I've discussed it myself - I already want to punch myself in the f***ing head enough for it all, for doing that when I've got children, but it's not going to help anything, is it?) Just starting to feel OK again, bodywise - it knocked my liver around a fair bit. But bodywise AND headwise, I feel really good now, to be honest. It's a long road but for the first time in at least a year, I feel like I'm going about things the right way. Instead of immediately chucking myself back through the wringer of full-time work, and dealing with subsequent anxiety by withdrawing from my family and getting pissed, I've taken a step back from it all. I'm on mental health leave indefinitely from the Ph.D; I've taken on some part-time teaching at uni, and I'm using my spare time to spend time with my boys, play games with them, talk to them and love them. I'm also using my free time to keep the house clean as well (sounds lame, but honestly, half my problems have stemmed from me sitting alone during the day in my messy house, thinking dark thoughts). Anyway, I'm not taking too much for granted right now, just hoping it all keeps going in the right direction.

Fisho, best of luck to you. You're a tough cookie.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby fisho mcspaz » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:10 pm

I'm hanging on like grim death, I can tell you.

Things I don't understand - men. I thought that I did. My old supervisor at uni said 'We're easy to understand - we're simple creatures at heart' and I tended to agree until recently. (He wasn't meaning simpleminded - he meant simple as in straightforward, no hidden agendas like women tend towards.) A couple of my bloke mates have me right off balance at the moment. I've never come across the like and it bothers me. I still understand them better than women, though. I never get along with women unless they're either very kind or pissheads like me (like I used to be anyrate).
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:55 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:I'm hanging on like grim death, I can tell you.

Things I don't understand - men. I thought that I did. My old supervisor at uni said 'We're easy to understand - we're simple creatures at heart' and I tended to agree until recently. (He wasn't meaning simpleminded - he meant simple as in straightforward, no hidden agendas like women tend towards.) A couple of my bloke mates have me right off balance at the moment. I've never come across the like and it bothers me. I still understand them better than women, though. I never get along with women unless they're either very kind or pissheads like me (like I used to be anyrate).

Chivalry died when women started readin' the shit in all them magazines. They got too much advice about men from other women. And they don't know what the **** they're talkin' about. I see them in the grocery store, says on the cover "100 Ways to Please Your Man" by some lady. Come on, man. Ain't no 100 ways. That list is four things long. Just suck his dick, play with his balls,fix him a sandwich, and don't talk so much and he'll be happy! - Dave Chappelle
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion