Club Fundraiser Idea's

Anything!

Club Fundraiser Idea's

Postby JK » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:01 pm

Lad I sit next to at work is heavily involved with his soccer club, and has been hitting me up for Fundraising ideas. I'm a little removed from club sports these days so could only offer the standard titty nights, wheel spins, punting night, reverse raffle etc.

I think the aim is to have a fullhouse in attendance whilst raising the funds. Anyone got any good suggestions?

TIA
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Club Fundraiser Idea's

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:08 pm

Ramblers $50 draw days seem to be a hit with the punters mate.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby JK » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:21 pm

Booney wrote:Ramblers $50 draw days seem to be a hit with the punters mate.

Yeah I know .. Think he's looking for something novel, but obviously the $$ raised would (Id imagine) be of most importance.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby mickey » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:22 pm

Booney wrote:Ramblers $50 draw days seem to be a hit with the punters mate.
Certainly is a great fundraiser, especially with the extra little raffles constantly throughout the day. Biggest hassle with the $50 draw is getting enough people selling the tickets

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:34 pm

Reverse raffle, $100 a head, 4 hour drink and food package, we get 125 there every year in October, winner gets $2,500 plus some minor prizes and club makes a few grand.

@matteeg could give you some more detail. Great days though and gets all levels of the club in one place post season enjoying some grogs.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:39 pm

JK wrote:Lad I sit next to at work is heavily involved with his soccer club, and has been hitting me up for Fundraising ideas. I'm a little removed from club sports these days so could only offer the standard titty nights, wheel spins, punting night, reverse raffle etc.

I think the aim is to have a fullhouse in attendance whilst raising the funds. Anyone got any good suggestions?

TIA

Chase the Ace used to bring the money in big time when I was running a club.

The chocolates are easy money.

Guest presenters are good spinners, even when they are crap, I managed to get on different occasions:
Warwick Capper
Jacko
Greg Ritchie/Mahatma Cote
Peter Bosustow
Chopper Reid

And a couple of others who escape me atm, they mustn't have been too good.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:40 pm

Greg Ritchie was by far the most entertaining, he was more entertaining as himself than he was as Mahatma.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:22 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Greg Ritchie was by far the most entertaining, he was more entertaining as himself than he was as Mahatma.

Saw him at the Port club a few years ago and he brilliant .. What was the Buzz like?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:32 pm

ladies day
past players day
reverse bingo
quiz nights
junior disco

all tend to be winners from what I've seen
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:53 pm

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Greg Ritchie was by far the most entertaining, he was more entertaining as himself than he was as Mahatma.

Saw him at the Port club a few years ago and he brilliant .. What was the Buzz like?

Had good footy stories, obviously from a great era.

Wazza was pretty funny, pretty good to talk to at the bar too, sold himself on stage, he was good value, probably sold more of his memorabilia than anyone else's.

Jacko was ok, spoke mostly about his big gig in the Highwayman in the US.

Chopper was boring, just talked about how tough he was, he was no way near as big as I thought he would be.

No one could drink like Ritchie, his manager said to me "He likes pints of Bundy & dry, half/half, the more you give him, the better he'll be".

I sat with him for about 45 minutes and he downed at least 6 in that time, I think they were concerned as it was only a few days after there was a body found in a car in our carpark.

He had a couple of great Greg Mathews stories, he hated the guy. A real funny story about a Pakistani umpire that loved him and promised to not give him out if he gave him a baggy green to keep.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:55 pm

gadj1976 wrote:ladies day
past players day
reverse bingo
quiz nights
junior disco

Always enjoyed quiz nights and they're good because anyone can come along and a little more appealing to members outside the club.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:30 pm

We had a pommy chick that was a member of our club and she worked at Essential Beauty.

We thought we'd make some money auctioning wax strips and then waxing yours truly, being a pretty hairy bloke and plenty of people wishing to inflict pain on me it was a great money spinner for the night.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby locky801 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:40 pm

Have him at broadies tomorrow

as for fund raising Broadview run an annual mouse cup (live mice races) brings in a good amount of money
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3655 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:44 pm

locky801 wrote:

Have him at broadies tomorrow

as for fund raising Broadview run an annual mouse cup (live mice races) brings in a good amount of money

You wont be disappointed.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:26 pm

My cricket club is running it’s cricket raffle fundraiser again this year. This is one of our most influential fundraisers we run during the season, with 100% of all money made from tickets sold being returned to the club. Tickets are only $5 each!

It has directly helped us in recent years grow and expand our club and complete new initiatives, these include:
• The construction of our award winning practise facilities – previously trained at a primary school, we didn’t have our own training nets.
• Modification of playing pitch including “stuck down” matting
• Purchase of a Jugs bowling machine for our players
• The implementation of a women’s cricket program, now in it’s second season and seen numbers grow from 10 to 15 registered players.

Our next initiative is to formulate a junior cricket program(s) for season 2019/20. Our club has never had juniors in our 92 year history, and is the next major item to tick off the list!

Your support in purchasing a raffle ticket will help go towards the costs involved in getting a junior program off the ground – you can help be a part of history!

Just follow the link to see what wonderful prizes can be won! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

https://toyotagoodforcricket.raffletix.com.au/euccc?v=1
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby locky801 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:54 pm

The Bedge wrote:My cricket club is running it’s cricket raffle fundraiser again this year. This is one of our most influential fundraisers we run during the season, with 100% of all money made from tickets sold being returned to the club. Tickets are only $5 each!

It has directly helped us in recent years grow and expand our club and complete new initiatives, these include:
• The construction of our award winning practise facilities – previously trained at a primary school, we didn’t have our own training nets.
• Modification of playing pitch including “stuck down” matting
• Purchase of a Jugs bowling machine for our players
• The implementation of a women’s cricket program, now in it’s second season and seen numbers grow from 10 to 15 registered players.

Our next initiative is to formulate a junior cricket program(s) for season 2019/20. Our club has never had juniors in our 92 year history, and is the next major item to tick off the list!

Your support in purchasing a raffle ticket will help go towards the costs involved in getting a junior program off the ground – you can help be a part of history!

Just follow the link to see what wonderful prizes can be won! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

https://toyotagoodforcricket.raffletix.com.au/euccc?v=1

Geez some top prizes there Bedge already bought a few
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3655 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:02 pm

A little off topic in here, so apologies in advance.

Saw Fat Cat many years ago doing a sporty, and the funniest bit was at the half way break (by memory he does the Mahatma stuff first, then changes to Greg Ritchie) he went into his change room, but forgot to turn his microphone off. Everything he said to Terry Lindblom & co, was being heard in the audience! It was hysterical, stuff like **** me its a shit crowd.... pretty funny. I eventually caught up with Terry, who I've known for years & told him to get Ritchie to turn his mic off!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby JK » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:07 pm

Corona Man wrote:

A little off topic in here, so apologies in advance.

Saw Fat Cat many years ago doing a sporty, and the funniest bit was at the half way break (by memory he does the Mahatma stuff first, then changes to Greg Ritchie) he went into his change room, but forgot to turn his microphone off. Everything he said to Terry Lindblom & co, was being heard in the audience! It was hysterical, stuff like **** me its a shit crowd.... pretty funny. I eventually caught up with Terry, who I've known for years & told him to get Ritchie to turn his mic off!

He'll gladly chug a few froffs and B&H's with the punters once his shows over too
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:43 pm

gadj1976 wrote:ladies day
past players day
reverse bingo
quiz nights
junior disco

I should add. We introduced a fundraising levy in 2017 to all junior football players (obviously paid by parents) because what we found was that if we organised a fundraiser for any event, only 10% would participate. So we decided as a junior committee to 'spread the load' across the entire constituent. What that did was bring forward the funds - it was paid before the season started as proposed to drip feeding the funds through throughout the year, as we received those funds up front, but also relieved 'tired' committee staff from chasing people for fundraising chocolates, organising attendance at Bunnings BBQ's, attendance at club functions, etc, etc. We received ZERO complaints from our membership when we said we were not going to push chocolates, raffle tickets, lucky squares and so on.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:38 pm

Spot the green machine with the english keeper behind the wheel :lol:

Last seen exiting FMC
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Next

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion