Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:42 am

HH3 wrote:We allowed everyone to bring kids to ours as long as we knew they were coming. (to organise food, etc)

We had heaps of lawn games and stuff, dvd set up in one of the B&B rooms incase they wanted to crash out watching Disney movies. Some of the photo booth pics are hilarious.

Made our wedding a more "family" event I think.

Not one problem.

For sure mate, I don't agree with the notion of not inviting guests kids, you take people as they are and their family is part of them.

It pisses me off even greater when they specify "no children" but you get there and there are kids there, just that some pull rank.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7941 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:46 am

stan wrote:Agree with benny here. Try and get a sitter so you can have a nice night.

I'm a single parent of a 13 year old and a 10 year old, I mix in small circles and don't have the option of sitters, anyone that I would bother to ask are usually busy doing their own thing.
My kids are a part of who I am, I don't bail on them.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:54 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
stan wrote:Agree with benny here. Try and get a sitter so you can have a nice night.

I'm a single parent of a 13 year old and a 10 year old, I mix in small circles and don't have the option of sitters, anyone that I would bother to ask are usually busy doing their own thing.

Just leave them at the Reepham mate, they'll be right ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2060 times
Been liked: 3914 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby MW » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:01 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Turn it up. You are not bailing on your kids by having a night out without them
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby stan » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:03 pm

MW wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Turn it up. You are not bailing on your kids by having a night out without them

Mate a night out for yourself is ok. Im not saying bailing on the FFS.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Spargo » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:03 pm

If you get well over 6 months notice, organising friends/relatives/baby sitter to look after kids shouldn't be an issue.
Let's remember, it's the people getting married's special day - if they don't want kids, that's their call. Don't like it, don't go.
Personally, I'm always very grateful to be invited to a wedding.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5516 times
Been liked: 5150 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:07 pm

Could be worse, could be a Vegan wedding with no food alternatives. No way am I going to that!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Spargo » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:12 pm

Wedgie wrote:Could be worse, could be a Vegan wedding with no food alternatives. No way am I going to that!

Or a wedding reception with no grog.
A mate went to one not long ago.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5516 times
Been liked: 5150 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:15 pm

Spargo wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Could be worse, could be a Vegan wedding with no food alternatives. No way am I going to that!

Or a wedding reception with no grog.
A mate went to one not long ago.

Geezus! :shock:
**** going to that!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:34 pm

stan wrote:Mate a night out for yourself is ok. Im not saying bailing on the FFS.

Yeah, I catch your drift, I do feel like I'd be bailing on them to go to a wedding if they couldn't come (moreso if it was family).

I guess after having about 5 free weekend nights in nearly 4 years I've become more inclined to prefer to have mellow weekends with my kids.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:35 pm

Wedgie wrote:Just leave them at the Reepham mate, they'll be right ;)

Lucky if the front bar is still open at 8pm on a Saturday mate, they can't sit in the pokies.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:41 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Lucky if the front bar is still open at 8pm on a Saturday mate, they can't sit in the pokies.

Yeah mate, be even worse now that myself and a few others are drinking at the Albion as we were quite often the only reason it stayed open as long as it did.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:00 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yeah mate, be even worse now that myself and a few others are drinking at the Albion as we were quite often the only reason it stayed open as long as it did.

Why the change?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:07 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Why the change?

$5 beers all the time, some times as cheap as $3.50 in happy hours.
Fox footy, gourmet finger food and plenty of it, better meals, small bands playing Friday nights, etc.
I do prefer the clientele at the Reepham though.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:12 pm

Wedgie wrote:$5 beers all the time, some times as cheap as $3.50 in happy hours.
Fox footy, gourmet finger food and plenty of it, better meals, small bands playing Friday nights, etc.
I do prefer the clientele at the Reepham though.

Yep, that's where the Reep's struggles. they put minimal effort into the front bar where it could be very profitable given it's location.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:09 pm

2 Cans of Beer in my checked luggage last night emptying their contents throughout my clothing, toiletries and work documents... :evil:

The longer story - grabbed a 6 pack of tins Wednesday night went back to my hotel room to watch the origin game. Drank 4, had 2 left over. Should have wrapped them in newspaper or something. Didn't. Now I don't think the leakage had anything to do with cabin pressure. May be a baggage handling thing. Anyway the travel bag is now outside to dry. The work documents, some of which are shared with my colleagues are on the nose.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1280 times
Been liked: 3493 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby heater31 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:16 pm

Corona Man wrote:2 Cans of Beer in my checked luggage last night emptying their contents throughout my clothing, toiletries and work documents... :evil:

The longer story - grabbed a 6 pack of tins Wednesday night went back to my hotel room to watch the origin game. Drank 4, had 2 left over. Should have wrapped them in newspaper or something. Didn't. Now I don't think the leakage had anything to do with cabin pressure. May be a baggage handling thing. Anyway the travel bag is now outside to dry. The work documents, some of which are shared with my colleagues are on the nose.

Pressure difference.......

Once was shitting myself for the duration of a domestic flight with 2 litres of Duty Free in my checked on bag. Had no other option to put it anywhere else. Made it home safely. Without a family history repeating itself....during WWII my grandfather on leave had bottles of scotch break in his brand new Army duffle bag so new it was still water tight. Wring out the clothes and filter the liquid in the bag only lost half a bottle from the original 2 [emoji38]
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:22 pm

heater31 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:2 Cans of Beer in my checked luggage last night emptying their contents throughout my clothing, toiletries and work documents... :evil:

Once was shitting myself for the duration of a domestic flight with 2 litres of Duty Free in my checked on bag. Had no other option to put it anywhere else. Made it home safely. Without a family history repeating itself....during WWII my grandfather on leave had bottles of scotch break in his brand new Army duffle bag so new it was still water tight. Wring out the clothes and filter the liquid in the bag only lost half a bottle from the original 2 [emoji38]

You think cabin pressure? Ok. I've transported beer cans before in my checked on luggage no problem, but always wrapped up in newspaper or something. Even a shirt etc. A few years back I transported (imported) a 6 pack of San Mig's from Bangkok to Adelaide. So they survived a 9 -10 hour flight from Thailand, plane change in Sydney then onto Adelaide. Unscathed. Lucky perhaps....dunno?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1280 times
Been liked: 3493 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:28 pm

Cans can handle the pressure difference no probs, it's much more likely it copped a pounding from the baggage handlers.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Corona Man wrote:
heater31 wrote:

You think cabin pressure? Ok. I've transported beer cans before in my checked on luggage no problem, but always wrapped up in newspaper or something. Even a shirt etc. A few years back I transported (imported) a 6 pack of San Mig's from Bangkok to Adelaide. So they survived a 9 -10 hour flight from Thailand, plane change in Sydney then onto Adelaide. Unscathed. Lucky perhaps....dunno?

did a bit of googling to try and find the answer

force due to the air at sea level is around 14.8 psi
at 30,000 feet it is 4.37 psi.

i also saw (on reddit though, so take it for what you will) that some guy has estimated a can rated to 90 psi

i found this, which has some rough pressures for soft drink cans, and they are around the 40-60 psi at ground level, but the cold temperatures at high altitude would make this somewhat lower. it quotes 20psi at fridge temp

so i doubt it is the cans popping due to low pressure, and more to do with the baggage handlers
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion