Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:47 pm

John Rahm was in complete control at the Memorial with 64 3rd round and 6 shot lead... then gets a positive corona test

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:32 pm

WIllunga

weather felt warmer than the dark grey clouds were displaying. conditions were perfect. no breeze to speak of.

so today it was Par.

again i made some changes to the bag, for an interest. the baffler, i think i used 3 times and all 3 were just crap outcomes.
the Driver was fairly solid again.
added in an old 4 hybrid and that worked a treat for the most part. used it off the tee a few times and also used it to play some little runners from 100m in. bit of grandpa golf :lol:
91 off the stick and a -4.
driver, putter, baffler, hybrid, 7i, pw,56, gw was all that was in the bag. dont think i even used the 7 or the pw :lol: :lol:
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:03 pm

Played (if you can call it that) today with the RSL guys.

Awful.

Not enough beer in all of Victoria to help me forget that round.

But I’m gonna try.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Mythical Creature » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:54 pm

Played an ambrose today. We were 3 over, definitely no cheating with our scores. Think we were the only ones over par. Had me 14 hcp, a 22, 24 and a bloke that hasn't even swung a club in 3 years. Weather was perfect.
Have a matchplay tomorrow morning against a 70 year old. Unsure of his hcp but it is in the A grade division so expect it to be a couple under mine. He plays old man golf, short and straight, I am the opposite. I dont expect much other than a few hours away from the wife and kids.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Corona Man » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:22 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Played an ambrose today. We were 3 over, definitely no cheating with our scores. Think we were the only ones over par. Had me 14 hcp, a 22, 24 and a bloke that hasn't even swung a club in 3 years. Weather was perfect.
Have a matchplay tomorrow morning against a 70 year old. Unsure of his hcp but it is in the A grade division so expect it to be a couple under mine. He plays old man golf, short and straight, I am the opposite. I dont expect much other than a few hours away from the wife and kids.

Everyone wins there...
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:24 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Played an ambrose today. We were 3 over, definitely no cheating with our scores. Think we were the only ones over par. Had me 14 hcp, a 22, 24 and a bloke that hasn't even swung a club in 3 years. Weather was perfect.
Ambrose is good fun.
I always nominate to be the goat and give the others the line not too hit

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:20 am

Played matchplay yesterday, found out its off the stick so handicaps don't matter, sucks that I am probably the highest handicapper in my division :lol:
Anyway, I had an awesome start, parred holes 1, 4,5,6,7,9 and 10 so was 6 up at that point. Was still 6 up with 6 to play when he chipped in a par, I just missed the long par putt, then he parred the next 2 holes with both good 10 and 12 foot putts whilst I bogeyed them both. 3 up with 3 to play, I wasn't super worried as I was still playing well (bogey golf is not bad golf), he just started to play a bit better, but nailed a chip and 2 good putts to keep him in it.
We both parred 16 so was 3 up with 2 to play. Near the clubhouse so agreed to call it quits and get an early minute.
Weather was awesome, will have to wait to see who I play next round but both are single figures, so will be happy if I can take em to at least 17 and see what happens.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby mickey » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:20 pm

2 "man" ambrose yesterday at Clare. Very nice country course with some good intersting holes.
Took out the div 2 with a net 64. Will definitely visit again.

mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby heater31 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:29 pm

Easy way to sort that out is play like the Volkswagen scramble....2 groups of 4 with a card marker from each group. Shock horror its apparently added an average 4 strokes the gross scores submitted!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:17 pm

heater31 wrote:
Easy way to sort that out is play like the Volkswagen scramble....2 groups of 4 with a card marker from each group. Shock horror its apparently added an average 4 strokes the gross scores submitted!

Heard of another Club doing this to stop the "cheating" and the round took 6 and a half hours!! Bugger that :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby mickey » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:59 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Heard of another Club doing this to stop the "cheating" and the round took 6 and a half hours!! Bugger that :shock:

no need to put cheating in " "... ambrose days are well known havens for the less than honest. be interested to know what club took 6.5 hours
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:51 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
heater31 wrote:

I'm not suggesting in my case on the weekend there was any cheating as pretty much everyone were members and wouldn't doubt them. I just said we definitely weren't with a score of plus 3!
I played in the vw scramble earlier this year and it was just groups of 4. I have my doubts about that one as out of towners won that by 1 shot! Something ridiculous like 10 under. I think my team was even or plus 1.

Never play ambrose to win, cause you won't, just play them to have fun!!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:40 pm

Willunga Sunday, hope you leave it in good nick for us MT!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:33 pm

Dutchy wrote:Willunga Sunday, hope you leave it in good nick for us MT!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
i will fill up my bag with more earth moving options

Par on saturday so i think it might be an Away game somewhere.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:45 pm

Last saturday
forecast on friday night looked promising.
radar on sat morning had a few bits n pieces.
got to the club, and it was raining quite heavily
sat in the car for a few minutes, watching the radar and gazing out the window

looked like it had cleared up and there was another patch on the way, but thought we would get a few holes in before that arrived.
go in and pay, walkout and the rain has set in again and the clubs are getting soaked.
it was a cosy 3 degrees or so.

walked upto first tee (10th) no warm up swing, straight into it, barely had any control of the club. ball went fairly straight but didnt feel at all pleasant. and that was the case for the most part.
tried out my mates cobra forged 3i on the par 5 - 5th, and my word it felt rather nice.
keen to give the 2020 Forged tec a whack.
back to the rubbish, that was the walk, it rained a few more times, looked black as the ace of spades and at times was heading straight for us :(
had a few putts that were brazilians, but not that it would have made much difference, i was proud to bring up a Donny, but got reduced to 98 on adjusted gross. still loitering round the 15 + mark
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:23 am

Dutchy wrote:Willunga Sunday, hope you leave it in good nick for us MT!
Preferred lies at moment.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:45 pm

Willunga
Par
crisp cool morning , with some fog around, but the weather was a trillion times better than last week
Now have preferred lies on the fairways and they are a little patchy in areas given the ralnfall that they have had down there.
ended up with 6 pars for a -3
it was almost a case of all or nothing in regards to scoring.
felt like a middle of the road round and the scoring showed that.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:37 am

Good walk yesterday, golf not great, highlight being a birdie on the 4th and the new putter felt and performed well. It was very quiet out there for a Sunday arvo, we played as a group of 6 and only let 2 small groups through
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:20 pm

Is McCracken a shit golf course? Have a golf and accommodation voucher I might use next weekend. Is there a decent bar and bistro there and if so, what's it like?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:24 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Is McCracken a shit golf course? Have a golf and accommodation voucher I might use next weekend. Is there a decent bar and bistro there and if so, what's it like?
Not the worst course going. However it's been 18months since I've been there.
As for the bar/bistro I can't assist with that.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Golf