2011 French Open

Re: 2011 French Open

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:34 am

You beauty, long live the King. He wasnt anywhere near his best all tournament but still crushed most of his opponents.
Remember all the debate about the greatest ever?, well rafa will overtake federer within 2 years. Only injury will stop him adding another wimbledon and US this year
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:18 am

Jim05 wrote:You beauty, long live the King. He wasnt anywhere near his best all tournament but still crushed most of his opponents.
Remember all the debate about the greatest ever?, well rafa will overtake federer within 2 years. Only injury will stop him adding another wimbledon and US this year

Not sure on hardcourt Jim, A's much as I hate to admit it I reckon jokeavic can beat him. I'd still have Fed number 1 for wimbeldon
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:38 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Jim05 wrote:You beauty, long live the King. He wasnt anywhere near his best all tournament but still crushed most of his opponents.

Not sure on hardcourt Jim, A's much as I hate to admit it I reckon jokeavic can beat him. I'd still have Fed number 1 for wimbeldon

Dont write him off mate, he has adapted his game exceptionally well. It irks me that he has won 2 of the past 3 wimbledons and destroyed djokovic in the us open final last year yet media experts still dont rate him on any other surface than clay.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Dont write him off mate, he has adapted his game exceptionally well. It irks me that he has won 2 of the past 3 wimbledons and destroyed djokovic in the us open final last year yet media experts still dont rate him on any other surface than clay.

Hmm good point. Although when ur resume reads 7 French opens, 2 Wimbeldon, 1 US and Aussie it will take him a awhile to be put in the upper upper echoleon
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby NFC » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:51 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Hmm good point. Although when ur resume reads 7 French opens, 2 Wimbeldon, 1 US and Aussie it will take him a awhile to be put in the upper upper echoleon

He IS in the upper, upper echoleon already. How is he not? Won all 4 Slams, leading MS 1000 winner (19), 3x Davis Cup, Olympic Gold.
NFC
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Grahaml » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:14 am

Nadal is up there, no doubt. Djokovic has been better over the last few years than many number 1 players at their prime and he's had to contend with being number 3 for a lot of that.

Federer is still the best, he's just not at his best anymore and hasn't been for a while. Federer at his best v Nadal at his best and Fed wins 3/4 slams and Nadal wins the other.

And just quietly Andy Murray would be one of the best number 4s ever too with what he's done lately.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Gozu » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:55 am

Federer's starting to crack:

Yes, this is a rivalry for the ages but is the unpalatable truth for Federer's admirers that it is becoming a lopsided one? This is the Nadal age, his ninth victory in their past 11 contests.

Federer has not beaten him in a grand slam since 2007, and did not enjoy being asked afterwards whether he could see the Spaniard, who has now reached double figures in grand slam wins quicker than he did, catching his landmark of 16 soon.

"Who cares?" Federer responded. "Who cares where you stand?"

Well, you can bet that, inside, he does. After all, how difficult is it to call himself the best even of this era, never mind of all time, when Nadal has now beaten him 17 out of 25 times and keeps chipping away at the legend bit by bit?

"It's always me who's going to dictate play and decide how the outcome is going to be," Federer said. "If I play well, I will most likely win; if I'm not playing so well, that's when he wins."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/fede ... 1fp8s.html

I can honestly say I never swallowed the Federer's a great guy media spin, never liked the arrogant prick.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 659 times

Postby NFC » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:10 am

Grahaml wrote:Nadal is up there, no doubt. Djokovic has been better over the last few years than many number 1 players at their prime and he's had to contend with being number 3 for a lot of that.

Federer is still the best, he's just not at his best anymore and hasn't been for a while. Federer at his best v Nadal at his best and Fed wins 3/4 slams and Nadal wins the other.

And just quietly Andy Murray would be one of the best number 4s ever too with what he's done lately.

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT???

Look at their H2H. Nadal 17-8.

Look at their GS final H2H. Nadal 6-2.

You cannot say that, and you certainly cannot say it with any confidence.
NFC
Coach

Postby NFC » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:11 am

Gozu wrote:Federer's starting to crack:

Yes, this is a rivalry for the ages but is the unpalatable truth for Federer's admirers that it is becoming a lopsided one? This is the Nadal age, his ninth victory in their past 11 contests.

Federer has not beaten him in a grand slam since 2007, and did not enjoy being asked afterwards whether he could see the Spaniard, who has now reached double figures in grand slam wins quicker than he did, catching his landmark of 16 soon.

"Who cares?" Federer responded. "Who cares where you stand?"

Well, you can bet that, inside, he does. After all, how difficult is it to call himself the best even of this era, never mind of all time, when Nadal has now beaten him 17 out of 25 times and keeps chipping away at the legend bit by bit?

"It's always me who's going to dictate play and decide how the outcome is going to be," Federer said. "If I play well, I will most likely win; if I'm not playing so well, that's when he wins."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/fede ... 1fp8s.html

I can honestly say I never swallowed the Federer's a great guy media spin, never liked the arrogant prick.

Totally agree. He's all so humble when he wins, and because that's 85% of the time everyone thinks he's marvellous. But when he loses, big matches, he always has an excuse, and is always trying to discredit the opponent in some way.
NFC
Coach

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Tennis