Undecided

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

Re: Undecided

Postby dedja » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:49 pm

iTunes is still a POS ... but you don't have to use it as much with iCloud now.

As I've mentioned in another thread, I have had iPhones for years then tried a Samsung Galaxy S3 last year and couldn't stand it. It took brilliant photos and the screen is fantastic, but it (like all androids IMO) fails on the basics like mail, calendar and as a phone.

Plus, its a pain in the arse to play music in the car, etc because most things are geared to play iPod/iPhones natively. I have a cradle and just need to drop the iPhone in and I get bluetooth, charging and music playing automatically. You can get Androids to work but it usually is mucking around and bluetooth compatibility can be an issue depending on what kit you have.

So for me, I went back to IOS and now have an iPhone 5.

Yes, it's highly restricted but mail, calendar, browsing, bluetooth and music playing in the car just work without any mucking around and (again IMO) its the best as a phone.

Another bonus is LTE (4G) which is holy shit fast in LTE areas. There's a Samsung Galaxy S3 4G version now and a few others 4G capable mobiles out as well.

So its really horses for courses ... my 15 yo got my Galaxy S3 and loves it, so it was a win-win.

For Centurion, the iPhone would be perfect because its as idiot proof as it gets.

I've bought HTCs for my wife and daughter and IMO they're a POS, so I would go for Samsungs if I was going to but another Android.

I hate Windows 8 so you'd have to shoot me to get a Windows phone.

I agree with TSG regarding the music and app restrictions with iTunes, but because I'm an IT geek I religiously back things up which covers most situations, but buried in the Apple End User Agreement, you'll find that Apple own all the music and apps you buy from them and in reality they only licence you to use it. Most people would assume that you've paid for it so it's yours to do as you want but this isn't the case.

Hopefully some rich bastard will sue Apple one day to sort it out ...

Anyway, I know a lot of people that love their Androids and I can see why, but for me I'm beholden to be an Apple FanBoi for a while yet.
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 1024 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:16 pm

kickinit wrote:It's restrictive because its tight security.

I have played music from iTunes on other devices then apple products or pc. Learn how to use it before you make a comment that false.

Might be expensive for you but might not be for everyone else. You don't become the biggest music store if there another that is better and cheaper.

Can easily burn to cd once again learn how to use the program.

There's not that many updates and usually there security ones which are there to protect you. You also have a choice whether to update or not. I'm guessing you hate windows as well, have had way more updates when I was using windows then I've ever had on apple.

Hard to navigate? Seriously you just making this up. If not I suggest you go to spec savers iTunes couldn't be easier to navigate.

You can transfer music from one computer to another.

If you had lost apps when updating through iTunes then you go and download them again. The info is stored on your account that you have purchased it so you don't have to pay for it again

No need to get personal mate. Just my opinion on a piece of software that I don't think is as good as what you do. I stand by the what I think is wrong with itunes.

The ease of putting music and movies on an Android device is in direct opposition to using itunes.

Your security concerns are laughable. It is well known that apple are one of the biggest personal information grabbers in the game.

Have recently joined spotify, so for $10 a month, I can stream and download music to ANY pc, phone and tablet I so wish. Makes a hell of a lot more sense than spending $10 for 5 songs that are restricted by heavy handed DRM.

I have had years of experience using itunes and hate it. Using it is like having to work for an hour just put on a couple of albums.

Out of curiosity, have you ever owned an Android device?
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby CENTURION » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:56 pm

I once saw an android on Lost In Space.
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby CENTURION » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:58 pm

you guys go on about the ability for the phone to download & play music...even better, play it in the car. Dunno about you guys but the last car I bought had a radio in it....together with a CD player! some even have a tape facility.
CENTURION
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:00 pm

You do love your talkback radio
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby CENTURION » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:09 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:You do love your talkback radio

no, I play my Tiesto CD's! together with a nice little lick of meth, they complement my day quite nicely ;)
CENTURION
Coach

Postby kickinit » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:38 pm

i'm not getting personal, i'm just showing what you think is wrong is false. like can't burn onto a cd, if you have had years experience in using itunes then you would know itunes has a built in burn feature. http://support.apple.com/kb/TA38263.

apple biggest personal information grabbers? the only info apple has of mine is my name email and credit card number, plus apple never made you to also have a active facebook account like spotify did, so they could post what you where doing. i'm not sure where you can purchase anything on the net that doesn't need those things.

because it takes you an hour to put on a couple of albums does that mean itunes is bad? i've never had to wait any longer then a couple of minutes to add music to itunes. maybe there's other factors in your computer that is causing it running slow.

yes i was given a android phone for work, it was the biggest headache i've ever had. i told my boss that he either gives me a iphone or it's going in the hydrualic press.

just remember just because you don't know how to do something doesn't mean it can't be done.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:17 pm

I know how to use itunes and don't find it user friendly.

Apple know more than your name, email and cc.

Anyway, I am glad I am not forced to use itunes anymore.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby kickinit » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:30 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:I know how to use itunes and don't find it user friendly.

Apple know more than your name, email and cc.

Anyway, I am glad I am not forced to use itunes anymore.

If you know how to use itunes then why did you say what you did? to me it doesn't look like as you can do the things your saying you can't. Do you still beleieve you can't burn to a cd?

what more information do they know then? ip address well pretty much every website records your ip. it will be interesting to see the evidence of what they know about me.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:34 pm

how do I get itunes on my work computer?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3571 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:46 pm

Download it.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:19 am

That wont help. It never works properly even when its downloaded and installed.
Ironically I get to work with it for the next 3 weeks as Ive temporarily switched areas in IT to an area that tests mobile apps. I'm going to be busy as I bet there will be issues galore with the I-products.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:41 am

Why isn't it as easy as downloading the program?
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby kickinit » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:18 am

Wedgie wrote:That wont help. It never works properly even when its downloaded and installed.
Ironically I get to work with it for the next 3 weeks as Ive temporarily switched areas in IT to an area that tests mobile apps. I'm going to be busy as I bet there will be issues galore with the I-products.

we had the same issue with our at work, it was something in the network that wasn't allowing it work properly. it guy sorted it out. suppose it could be worse wedgie if you had to work with those crappy android phones, at least then you'd know you would have a secure job for years to come. :lol:
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:27 am

I get to work with both mate. Currently have a S3, a Note, an Ipad and an Iphone 5 on my desk. When I swap from the Samsungs to the Apples it feels like Im switching from a pc to a Fisher Price Easy Speak!
All mediums holding up nicely at this stage even with dodgy government apps!
The Note is really growing on me but I think it would be uncomfortable in my pocket.
Funny how I used to think the S2 was too big and now it seems small!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby kickinit » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Wedgie wrote:I get to work with both mate. Currently have a S3, a Note, an Ipad and an Iphone 5 on my desk. When I swap from the Samsungs to the Apples it feels like Im switching from a pc to a Fisher Price Easy Speak!
The Note is really growing on me but I think it would be uncomfortable in my pocket.

isn't that suppose to be the whole point of a smart phone? it's suppose to be easy to use.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:43 pm

kickinit wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I get to work with both mate. Currently have a S3, a Note, an Ipad and an Iphone 5 on my desk. When I swap from the Samsungs to the Apples it feels like Im switching from a pc to a Fisher Price Easy Speak!

isn't that suppose to be the whole point of a smart phone? it's suppose to be easy to use.

If that was the case you'd love two cans with some string! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby CENTURION » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:48 pm

EVERYONE loves 2 cans!
CENTURION
Coach

Postby kickinit » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:59 pm

Wedgie wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Yeh but the instruction always say a piece of string and how long is a piece of string
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:13 pm

kickinit wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Yeh but the instruction always say a piece of string and how long is a piece of string

Exactly twice the length as it is from one end to the middle.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7520 times
Been liked: 10822 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets